Thread: CTTE Live CDs?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

CTTE Live CDs?

Anyone think we will ever see any "official" Live at Close to the Edge CD releases?

You mean Cruise To The Edge?

If you did mean Cruise to the Edge, from this year's edition I would love to re-hear Marillion night 2, really enjoyed that show (I didn't see their first night). Also, obviously, an official release the Squire tribute set would be awesome. Many other great shows, of course, but I wonder how many were actually recorded.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
    If you did mean Cruise to the Edge, from this year's edition I would love to re-hear Marillion night 2, really enjoyed that show (I didn't see their first night). Also, obviously, an official release the Squire tribute set would be awesome. Many other great shows, of course, but I wonder how many were actually recorded.
    Yep, meant Cruise to the Edge. Marillion, I wouldn't hold my breath for, just because for Marillion they were short shows.

But some bands, like Moon Safari, IO Eath, Three Friends, etc. they might have been good opportunities to play before an audience, since they don't have live DVDs or many live CDs.

Just wondering - the NEARfest live CDs that made it out always seemed like good opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Yep, meant Cruise to the Edge. Marillion, I wouldn't hold my breath for, just because for Marillion they were short shows.

But some bands, like Moon Safari, IO Eath, Three Friends, etc. they might have been good opportunities to play before an audience, since they don't have live DVDs or many live CDs.

Just wondering - the NEARfest live CDs that made it out always seemed like good opportunities.
    Moon Safari and IO Earth both have excellent live CD's that were recorded at ROSfest if you have never heard them.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Moon Safari and IO Earth both have excellent live CD's that were recorded at ROSfest if you have never heard them.
    I've heard the Moon Safari one, but don't think I knew about the IO Earth one. Thanks, Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Their sets from the 2014 CTTE are available so there is some hope:

http://www.marillion.com/shop/downloads/ctte100414.htm

http://www.marillion.com/shop/downloads/ctte110414.htm

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Neal has released his band's set on DVD. But only for us double secret Inner Circle members.

I'm guessing this is the NMB's own set - or is some of the CS tribute included?

Quote Originally Posted by PixelDelirium View Post
    My recollection is those were made available several months after the cruise. It was a nice surprise as I didn't think anything would be available officially. Hopefully they do it again.

Wasn't aware of that. And they're cheap! Thanks, Pixel!

Shame that the sets are so similar, but still a nice little purchase.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Quote Originally Posted by r2daft2 View Post
    I'm guessing this is the NMB's own set - or is some of the CS tribute included?
    Don't know yet as January's Inner Circle release has yet to reach Chez Rick.

Oh, you're right - I completely forgot about those. Yes, I'd imagine we'll get downloads, nice!

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    Neal has released his band's set on DVD. But only for us double secret Inner Circle members.
    Wow, I can't believe he's not releasing a 2DVD/3CD set of it! Not sharing that recording with the whole world is un-Christian of him.