Thread: What to keep when 'archiving' cd cases?

What to keep when 'archiving' cd cases?

Thanks to Snowzilla I have had time to compress some of my cd collection.
    The cd's in question are keepers. They have all been ripped to high quality flac's and stored and backed up on my NAS.
    I bought into a storage system that has a hanging sleeve that will hold 2 cd's with their inserts.
    The back printed insert of the cd jewel case is a bit of quandary.
    It does not fit the system, but, if someday I decide to sell or trade the disc I would want to present a package that may not have the original plastic case but would have the 'artwork'.
    Does it matter?
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Definitely keep them. They are easy to store flat in a couple of old shoe boxes, if need be. One reason is that, some time in the future you might want to put some of the very best up on a shelf and if you've ditched the backs it won't work. Keeping the backs is easy and eaves your options open.

Does it matter that this waste of time is what makes a life for you?

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    I bought into a storage system that has a hanging sleeve that will hold 2 cd's with their inserts. The back printed insert of the cd jewel case is a bit of quandary. It does not fit the system
    I have seen several "CD notebook" storage systems and they all provide room for the traycard. You definitely want the traycard. Change storage systems if you have to.