Thread: R.I.P. Christopher Plummer

R.I.P. Christopher Plummer

Tremendous actor, very versatile. And we shared a birthday (yes, different years). 91 years of age... he will be missed.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...r-plummer-dies
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Yep, very big name. RIP
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Oh wow... This is sad news. He was definitely one of the big names. Pretty impressive he lived to 91.

Always liked him. I was introduced to his films by my mother when I was pretty young, but I'll remember his senior roles even better - and especially Remember by Atom Egoyan from 2015.

I still LOVE his portrayal of Sherlock Holmes in Murder By Decree (1979), based on the infamous "alternative solution" on the Jack the Ripper-case by Stephen Knight. Rarely was the foggy dim of 1880s London so visually imagined and realized, not least impressive when knowing that the thing was directed by Bob 'Black Christmas' Clark.

Farewell to another great artist and actor.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

He had a commanding presence on screen that I found mesmerizing. I've always found Anthony Hopkins the same, you can't look away from him no matter who else is in the scene. His portrayal of Mike Wallace in The Insider was outstanding I thought. Wish I could have seen him on stage as Iago.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Hmm.. was he ever knighted? I thought he was Sir Christopher Plummer

Ahh:
    In 1968, sanctioned by Elizabeth II, he was invested as a Companion of the Order of Canada — an honorary knighthood
    "Normal is just the average of extremes" - Gary Lessor

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Rest in peace.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    One of the finest actors, ever. Makes me proud to be a Canadian. RIP.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

He was great in Dreamscape, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, and the English language version of Gandahar.

And let's not forget "The Sound of Music," which is known to people in most parts of the world. 91 is a good, long, and well-deserved run. R.I.P. to one of the true greats.