Thread: Two new Galileo Records titles for January, 2013

Two new Galileo Records titles for January, 2013

THE GREEN VIOLINIST - More thrill and never-ending blessings (GR034)
    Can you hear the elves in the wood or can you even see them? The Green Violinist start their new album "More thrill and never-ending blessings" dreamy, playfully and like in a fairytale. From there, the music goes on quietly flowing and full of wonderful harmonies. The songs will catch your attention. Vincent Dufresne, leader and songwriter of the band, admits he was inspired by the painting of famous artist Marc Chagall "The Green Violinist". He managed to catch the spirit of the picture in an incredible way and to transfer it into the music. The result is a wonderful collection of Neoprog-songs containing its fair share of acoustic moments (guitar, piano and obviously violins). But the range goes further including electronic, almost trance-like songs that take you into another world. So there is much to look forward to 2013 when the album will be published.

ZENIT - The Chandrasekhar Limit (GR035)
    On Zenit’s new album „The Chandrasekhar Limit“ (69 minutes), Andy Thommen (formerly Clepsydra), affixes a seal with his distinctive bass play right from the start of the first song (“Awaken”). Later, with the start of the guitar, you will somewhat be reminded of the Clepsydra sound: awesome guitar-bass team play! Here you start with what you expect to get from this brilliant album: quality.

The marvelous long tracker “Matrimandir” (17 minutes), brings a breath of oriental sounds in a very subtle but delicate way without being brash, despite the Sanskrit lyrics now and then.

One of the best long tracker of recent times clocking around 25 minutes, is “The Daydream Suite” that brings reminiscences of Pink Floyd and all the other stuff a prog suite should have: crazy keyboard solos, melodic guitar lines, cool bass parts and complex choirs, harmoniously in action.

The rocking instrumental sound of “Pulsar”, the sweet and sinful ballad “Cub Lady” and the screaming-jazzy “PiGreco” song, jointly make up an impressive and progressive rock album of the 21st century.

Listen to the songs on our homepage: http://www.galileo-records.com

For those who likes MOONGARDEN and the solo albums by CRISTIANO ROVERSI, listen to AniQua;-)

All the best,
    Pat @ Galileo Records

I keep opening Galileo threads, because I keep hoping Pat will one day succeed with the Ciircus reissues and that lost tapes project that he once spoke to us about
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.