Thread: 8:30 Weather Report

8:30 Weather Report

Friends, Romans, Countrymen and Prog-nuts, lend me a few minutes of your time...

I know a mission impossible, and a weird one at that, when I'm faced with one; but in view of the incredible musical encyclopedic knowledge abounding in this site, I was wondering if any of you could tell what's that vaguely Tyrolean, alpine Swiss-type of song that's on the radio tape at the start of 8:30 (the song) on both of the Weather Report live albums 8:30 and The Legendary live, etc....

This would be highly appreciated by an elderly Swiss lady who hasn't stopped pestering me about it since.....

Ed

good luck with that ........

Quote Originally Posted by rickmoraz View Post
    Friends, Romans, Countrymen and Prog-nuts, lend me a few minutes of your time...

I know a mission impossible, and a weird one at that, when I'm faced with one; but in view of the incredible musical encyclopedic knowledge abounding in this site, I was wondering if any of you could tell what's that vaguely Tyrolean, alpine Swiss-type of song that's on the radio tape at the start of 8:30 (the song) on both of the Weather Report live albums 8:30 and The Legendary live, etc....

This would be highly appreciated by an elderly Swiss lady who hasn't stopped pestering me about it since.....

Ed
    They used to open with Bolero... Maurice Ravel's lovely (and quite famous) piece ... before coming on stage back in those days, i believe...
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

it might be a variation of Pietro Frosini's Coquette Polka like this one
    i.ain't.dead.irock

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Wut?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RPVCSMA...t_mus_dp_dpt_4

I could see "0.26666666666", but "0.354166667"?

At any event, I see there's a new release coming:

https://www.artist-shop.com/comingsoon/index.htm

^^^ That will be mine. Corea and Gambale guesting.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***