Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Martians looking at fireworks comic

Quote Originally Posted by angelo View Post
    This is an original by Sonia. I saw the earlier versions, the ones she posted above. This is not a work of Gary Larson, only one that is inspired by it (and probably very close, I never saw the original).
    Thanks, Angelo ! Yes you were one of the friends I mentioned above who tried to help me find that pic of his online. I noticed that I wrote Roger Larson instead of Gary Larson above oops hehehehe ....

Anytime

Love the cartoon, Sonia. Reminds me of the story "The Off Season" in Ray Bradbury's Martian Chronicles. Earthman on Mars builds a hot-dog stand at a crossroads on Mars anticipating lots of business when thousands of Earthmen arrive to build the new towns. He looks up at Earth in the evening sky, with dollar signs in his eyes, when Boom! (your cartoon).

Good stuff. Keep 'em coming.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    You're lucky you aren't in the football thread. If insults were paintball shots they would call me spot.
    Or "Slick."

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonia_Mota View Post
    '
    Why did you post that for, Dave? I hand drawn that myself, it is my work and I have done no copy right infringement whatsoever here! Here below are some a few of my sketches.
    Attachment 6604
    You mentioned you had a hard time finding the Larson pic online. That link's an explanation why that might be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    Love the cartoon, Sonia. Reminds me of the story "The Off Season" in Ray Bradbury's Martian Chronicles. Earthman on Mars builds a hot-dog stand at a crossroads on Mars anticipating lots of business when thousands of Earthmen arrive to build the new towns. He looks up at Earth in the evening sky, with dollar signs in his eyes, when Boom! (your cartoon).

Good stuff. Keep 'em coming.
    haha ... Thank you very much, Lopez!
    I am laughing at your description above, it's funny and now also thinking what NYCSteve said above, it is funny as long as it does not become prophetic

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    You mentioned you had a hard time finding the Larson pic online. That link's an explanation why that might be the case.
    Dave, imagine how stupid I feel now thank you for that link. I clearly didn't understand, now I feel terrible. There are some his works online but many are missing true, that link indeed might be the reason.

Unbeknownst to the Martians, what they are witnessing is not nuclear explosions.

Unbeknownst to the Martians, what they are witnessing is not nuclear explosions.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! hahahaha!!

that's brilliant Dave! Seriously including the bean dip

One of my dumbass cats, (we won't mention which one)

<<===========

got into some cranberry walnut cake the other day and left something that looked like bean dip all over the laundry room floor.

But we won't mention which one.

Gotcha Dave, now it makes sense.

One of my dumbass cats, (we won't mention which one)

<<===========

got into some cranberry walnut cake the other day and left something that looked like bean dip all over the laundry room floor.

But we won't mention which one.
    hahahaha Dave, I love cats they are so unapologetic too, so funny.
    Now wait till the zanax wears off on here
    Genesis cat2.jpg

I like my cat better than everyone I know. My cat's awesome.

hahahaha Dave, I love cats they are so unapologetic too, so funny.
    Now wait till the zanax wears off on here
    Well, this one's on Prozac. poodle.jpg

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Your cartoon is very well-drawn Sonia! Very professional.

I'd just like to mention that we have six cats. A tad crazy, but lots of fun.

Well, this one's on Prozac. poodle.jpg
    Aww he's cute, Dave! And certainly looks very relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Your cartoon is very well-drawn Sonia! Very professional.

Wow, thank you very much for this great compliment, JKL2000! Much appreciated.

I'd just like to mention that we have six cats. A tad crazy, but lots of fun.
    Life in your house certainly is never boring, I love cats too, right now I cannot have a cat bah! because one of my dogs (a rescue) hates cats, I always had cats, they have very strong characters, each one an individual.
    These 4 posing with my niece and nephew are my dogs, the one on the left is called Bowie, his eyes are a giveaway

Sandra & children holiday visit December 2015.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Of course, it's an almost exact copy of an old Far Side cartoon, but I'll assume it just came out of your own unconscious with no copying intended...
    in response to you, Sonia is obviously enthusiastic about her inspiration from an early comic strip panel of The Far Side....October 5th, 1982 to be exact. the only similarities I see are the nuclear explosions on Earth and that's far from being an almost exact copy. The Far Side aliens look completely different than Sonia's Martians as well. not sure what planetary body Sonia has depicted but Gary's is a perspective from the moon. nice catch though
    i.ain't.dead.irock

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Of course, it's an almost exact copy of an old Far Side cartoon, but I'll assume it just came out of your own unconscious with no copying intended...
    Wow, Sturgeon's Lawyer! Roger Larson cartoon you mean, yes that's were my idea came from. When I was 12 years old my brother in law had one glued on the bathroom door, I sat down and looked at it, found it funny, for a very long time on and off for years I searched all over the internet on google images never could find it. Recently looked for it again and again nothing. My brother in law tried but also found nothing.
    I spoke about this with two friends of mine previously about that cartoon before making one myself, they too tried to find that cartoon for me but to no avail, this is why I told them I'll make one myself. One of these friends is also a member here on PE too.
    What I have done is not almost an exact copy, can't be but I wish to find that cartoon it has been stuck in my mind for over 20 years now, can you maybe please help me? I would love to compare both.
    Quote Originally Posted by proggosaurus View Post
    in response to you, Sonia is obviously enthusiastic about her inspiration from an early comic strip panel of The Far Side....October 5th, 1982 to be exact. the only similarities I see are the nuclear explosions on Earth and that's far from being an almost exact copy. The Far Side aliens look completely different than Sonia's Martians as well. not sure what planetary body Sonia has depicted but Gary's is a perspective from the moon. nice catch though
    Roger, thank you so SO much! I forgot it was the moon, mine is planet Mars hehehe well that is the idea
    Here is the comparison between both, however the one at the time, from Gary Larson, was in black and white not colour, same drawing tho'
    martians gary larson vs mine.jpg