Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FEATURED CD - The Alan Parsons Project : The Turn of a Friendly Card

"You talking to yourself again, Lucky Eddie".
    "Ain't that right. It's better than listening to this Alan Parson's Pussy. Ya can't take it with ya, now that's a good song. Which reminds me, its time I went to the Luxor".

My 2nd favorite Parsons album, edged out by the masterpiece Pyramid.

More fun trivia: The "Turn" cover was designed by Godley and Crème. Was there anything those guys couldn't do?

I love it: it's full of great tunes!

Quote Originally Posted by Booba Kastorsky View Post
    I love it: it's full of great tunes!
    Not sure if there is an Alan Parson Project album (pre-96) that I don't like. This one is no exception.

Quote Originally Posted by ytserush View Post
    Not sure if there is an Alan Parson Project album (pre-96) that I don't like. This one is no exception.
    There aren't any APP albums that I don't like, and of his solo albums, Try Anything Once is excellent and all of the others have some very good tracks.

This was a good solid effort by the band and the recording of course was top notch.

I dont have an issue with any of the APP releases and I can find plenty to like with just about every album.

Funny thing is the way he records his own music they kinda remind me (especially this one) as a lighter version of pink floyd in the same recording style and flow like the way he recorded dark side of the moon.....

Anyone else agree ?

If I could imagine a Parsons production analog against DSOTM it would be Pyramid, which is almost as essentially flawless.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by veteranof1000psychicwars View Post
    If I could imagine a Parsons production analog against DSOTM it would be Pyramid, which is almost as essentially flawless.
    When I heard "To One In Paradise" from the Tales album I immediately heard the similaritty to "Us and Them" - and that was before I was aware of Parsons' involvement in DSOTM.

After Tales and I Robot I stopped buying Parsons-LP's for a while. But Pyramid made me listen to the project again and the final LP I bought was Friendly Card.
    Now I bought the new 2-disc version and I enjoy listening to it again. And between the new bonus-stuff there are two fine pieces with great unused/extended guitar-solo's: May Be A Price To Pay and The Turn Of a Friendly Cart Part Two.

This album is getting the Deluxe treatment from Esoteric:

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/...ition-box-set/

**LIMITED EDITION POSTCARDS AVAILABLE WITH PRE-ORDERS WHILE STOCKS LAST!**
    • A DELUXE LIMITED EDITION BOXED SET OF THE CLASSIC ALBUM BY THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT.

• THREE CDs AND ONE BLU-RAY DISC (REGION FREE), REMASTERED AND REMIXED FROM THE ORIGINAL MASTER TAPES BY ALAN PARSONS.

• FEATURING AN ADDITIONAL 42 BONUS TRACKS DRAWN FROM ERIC WOOLFSON’S SONGWRITING DIARIES, STUDIO SESSION OUT-TAKES AND A STUNNING NEW 5.1 SURROUND SOUND FROM THE ORIGINAL MULTI-TRACK MASTER TAPES BY ALAN PARSONS AND FOUR PROMOTIONAL VIDEOS.

• INCLUDES A LAVISHLY ILLUSTRATED BOOK WITH NEW ESSAY AND A REPLICA POSTER.