Thread: An interview with wunderkind Rachel Flowers on The PM Show #96

An interview with wunderkind Rachel Flowers on The PM Show #96

Greetings friends. The PM Show #96 is ready for your listening pleasure. This weeks special edition of The PM Show features an interview with wunderkind Rachel Flowers and her mother Jeanie Flowers. Blind since birth, Rachel is a master keyboardist known for her solo renditions of Emerson, Lake and Palmer compositions. Rachel treats us to her "world group's" playing of ELP's Endless Enigma. Not to be outdone Dream Theater chimes in with an enigma of their own which Citriniti calls a bunch of "naked words". Bill Bruford tells us about some plans he's made which Eloy says are a just dreams. Collage stops in saying that they have the blues. And in the spirit of the holidays, Spock's Beard wishes for a better way to fly. All this and much more on this weeks edition of The PM Show. Click on the link and it will take you there. Click on it now and you're almost there. All the best. And thanks for listening! JB

http://www.xray.fm/broadcasts/9882

Rachel Flowers1.jpgNovalis Novalis.jpgCitriniti Between.jpgBruford Tornado.jpgEloy Ra.jpg
    Host of The PM Show on 107.1 & 91.1, KXRY, Portland, Oregon, USA, 99.9 KXRW-LP, Vancouver, Washington, USA, Jazzbox Radio International in Paris, France http://www.jazzbox-radio.fr/ and streaming online everywhere at www.xray.fm

The one thing I do not like during the interview with Rachel is the International Collaboration being called "her world group". Mihaly Tunkli is the one who organizes the collaborations and edits the audio and video together. He had done several others before Rachel joined in on Focus: Hamburger Concerto. They may feature Rachel but it is not her world group. Also Dweezil Zappa's tour is "Zappa Plays Zappa" and not "Zappa to Zappa"

For those in the know, she's not just an exceptional keyboardist, but also an amazingly proficient multi-instrumentalist. Listen to her other great prog covers on Soundcloud. She plays every instrument. I agree with others that call her otherworldly! https://soundcloud.com/rachelflowers-1
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Listening now. Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by rminsk View Post
    The one thing I do not like during the interview with Rachel is the International Collaboration being called "her world group". Mihaly Tunkli is the one who organizes the collaborations and edits the audio and video together. He had done several others before Rachel joined in on Focus: Hamburger Concerto. They may feature Rachel but it is not her world group. Also Dweezil Zappa's tour is "Zappa Plays Zappa" and not "Zappa to Zappa"
    I apologize for not making those corrections. I didn't notice them until after it was too late and I should have paid closer attention. I do feel that we paid proper tribute during the interview to Mihaly Tunkli - better known to us as "Misi." He is the wunderkind behind the international collaborations.