Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Joe Satriani with album Shockwave Supernova as an artist not on ProgArchives

Admittedly, I've not heard everything from him, but I've heard most of it. He's a very good rock guitarist, and I appreciate that. But prog? No, not so much. His songs are rather standard rock fare, with good soloing on top. That's not bad or good; it just is. Stuff doesn't have to be prog for me to like it.
    Gnish-gnosh borble wiff, shlauuffin oople tirk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhael View Post
    Admittedly, I've not heard everything from him, but I've heard most of it. He's a very good rock guitarist, and I appreciate that. But prog? No, not so much. His songs are rather standard rock fare, with good soloing on top. That's not bad or good; it just is. Stuff doesn't have to be prog for me to like it.
    This pretty much sums it up for me, been a fan ever since Surfing w/the Alien was first released, saw the G3 tour w/Fripp opening, but prog? Nah.
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

who they choose to put on their site is quite fankly none of my business. for that matter, I don't really care. I use their archives on occasion if I'm not familiar with a group or individual artist if they are even in their database.

with that being said, I can understand Sonia's desire about this or anyone elses. the criteria does seem odd and flexible when it comes to particular artists. for instance, Guthrie Govan is on there as an individual, yet Marco Minnemann and Bryan Beller are not. sure, they're included with The Aristocrats, Mike Keneally and so forth. Guthrie has one official solo release and he's booked. if Broken Orange isn't good enough for Marco, I can't imagine what would be. what about Brett Garsed or T.J. Helmerich as individuals? makes no sense...

then, there is Nili Brosh. she didn't seem to have any problem getting voted in. is it because of who she's played with since The Iron Maidens? I think she's awesome but it still makes no sense why she's booked but Marco isn't. he did contribute drums on almost half the tracks of A Matter Of Perception as did Virgil who's in there. you could make an argument whether or not Nili Brosh is jazz fusion but it's mostly just odd to me how the selections are made. I doubt Joe would really care.
    i.ain't.dead.irock

deleted
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I've made a few suggestions in this thread, just trying to help.
    Sean got that! also we have a few other peeps wondering and let's be fair, seriously, we all know that Satriani at least should be listed on ProgRelated xxx JOE SATRIANI REPLY.jpg

ProgArchives is the only site which has an extensive discography per artist and everything related to them too. This site is rated in regards to it's importance.
    To be fair any animosity against ProgArchives is not fair because PA Forum is based on forum members, the core of music releases and reviews etc. are not connected at all to the forum.
    Last edited by Sonia_Mota; 01-30-2016 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia_Mota View Post
    ProgArchives is the only site which has an extensive discography per artist and everything related to them too. This site is rated regards to importance.
    RYM has his full discog and even list him as prog rock in the genres

https://rateyourmusic.com/artist/joe_satriani

Sonia, you still have to make your demand on the ad-hoc submit forum in PA, if you want things to move... This thread doesn't count :P
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.