Thread: ..and speaking of progress...

..and speaking of progress...

Good Afternoon Folks!

There certainly are some interesting choices on NetFlix - I just recently finished watching a short series titled 'High Profit'. Not in MY lifetime did I ever think we would experience this move toward 'progress'...

Anybody else think that this was a very well done look into a small part of what is going on out in Colorado (and elsewhere) and the newish 'recreational' legality of Marijuana. Interesting, for sure, in how this is now becoming part of U.S. Capitalism.

Brilliant....MeThinks!

Colorado Folks... Mr. Johnson et al care to comment?

Chris Buckley

Morgan Spurlock on his show "Inside Man" (season one episode one) discussed the crazy situation that legalized marijuana finds itself in -- in Washington State, Colorado, Alaska and Oregon it's legal for recreational use, and in 20 other states it's legal for medical use -- but it is still illegal FEDERALLY to grow it in quantity.

Therefore, all of the grow houses to feed this burgeoning legal marketplace have to be 'under the radar' and evade federal notice. If they get caught they are prosecuted just as if the marijuana laws HAVEN'T changed for a half of Americans.

It's nuts.
    Last edited by rcarlberg; 12-30-2015 at 04:25 PM.

5 children and 3 grandchildren within 15 miles of me is the only reason I'm not living in Seattle or Denver, where I have friends. As you well know, Chris, stuff happens in your life that changes your priorities.

I too thought it was objective, informative and in some ways scary, and very well done.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Morgan Spurlock on his show "Inside Man" (season one episode one) discussed the crazy situation that legalized marijuana finds itself in -- in Washington State, Colorado, Alaska and Oregon it's legal for recreational use, and in 20 other states it's legal for medical use -- but it is still illegal FEDERALLY to grow it in quantity.

Therefore, all of the grow houses to feed this burgeoning legal marketplace have to be 'under the radar' and evade federal notice. If they get caught they are prosecuted just as if the marijuana laws HAVEN'T changed for a half of Americans.

It's nuts.
    It IS nuts! Some progress made, but not nearly enough.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    This should be moved to the way off topic forum.

When did cannabis cease to be prog?
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by winkersnufs View Post
    Good Afternoon Folks!

There certainly are some interesting choices on NetFlix - I just recently finished watching a short series titled 'High Profit'. Not in MY lifetime did I ever think we would experience this move toward 'progress'...

Anybody else think that this was a very well done look into a small part of what is going on out in Colorado (and elsewhere) and the newish 'recreational' legality of Marijuana. Interesting, for sure, in how this is now becoming part of U.S. Capitalism.

Brilliant....MeThinks!

Colorado Folks... Mr. Johnson et al care to comment?

Chris Buckley
    Have not seen this, but will have to check it out.

Suspended
    This is Music and Arts?

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    This is Music and Arts?
    No, just closely related.

Obligatory song to accompany this thread

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    The new Liberal government in nationla power included a platform to legalize marijuana - catching up with public opinion. That would be pretty groundbreaking for a country.

First time I heard Don't Step On The Grass Sam it was Gov't Mule. I saw the Mule once. They played that song at the concert. And everyone whooped and hollared. And the smell of incense was strong. I like it better than the original version. A lot of Mule covers are as good as the originals.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    5 children and 3 grandchildren within 15 miles of me is the only reason I'm not living in Seattle or Denver, where I have friends. As you well know, Chris, stuff happens in your life that changes your priorities.

I too thought it was objective, informative and in some ways scary, and very well done.
    As you know, I live during the week in The Netherlands for the last 11 years, and it's been legal here for decades (though this is on the return, as it's becoming increasingly conservative and diminishing its access to locals to discourage "drug tourism", except in A'dam); but TBH, I've kind of grow out of it, because it's probably too easy to indulge.... But also, because the shit sold in them coffee shops litterally knocks me out - they're producing local stuff that's simply too strong.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.