Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Is Blu-Ray Losing the Video Wars?

Ember
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    The sound quality is better than the blutooth connection to my phone.
    And, realistically speaking, distinctions in sound quality as subtle as the one between bluetooth and wired USB are rarely going to matter much in a moving car.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
    And, realistically speaking, distinctions in sound quality as subtle as the one between bluetooth and wired USB are rarely going to matter much in a moving car.
    Might have something to do with my phone as well; it's a few generations old now. But to be clear, I was only stating that the thumb drive sounded better than my phone's blutooth.

My 2018 VW Jetta has all the bells & whistles on the dash stereo, including an SD slot.

So for $20 I bought a 64gb SD card from Staples and loaded it up with music.

I shuffle thru the tunes from the steering wheel and it sounds great, even better than my classic Ipod.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    ??? What is SD?

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    ??? What is SD?
    A secure digital card (SD) is a very small flash memory card.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post
    A secure digital card (SD) is a very small flash memory card.
    Thanks.

Ember
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Might have something to do with my phone as well; it's a few generations old now. But to be clear, I was only stating that the thumb drive sounded better than my phone's blutooth.
    Ah. Thought it was the same files connected two different ways. If it's also a difference between low-bitrate streaming and high-rez rips, then that's going to be audible under most any circumstances.

In my case, the files on my phone and the one on my thumb drive are both copied from my own 320kbps MP3 rips. I can't hear a difference between BT from the phone and USB from the thumb drive, even when the car's not running.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    One more point, I have found that Sony 4k TVs have the best color. Compared OLED, Samsung and others to it. Sony was the first to use quantum dots on the backlight, and Sony’s historically have the best color. Sony is still leading the pack. First in OLED, micro-LED and next will be nano-LED which is micro-LED with quantum dot LEDs.
    THE best color of any TV I've owned. Do you do a lot of fine tuning? Motion/Clarity etc? I've been messing around with HDR trying to find that perfect picture for my eyes. I'm SO close, but not quite there yet Not a fan of soap opera effect motion.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    THE best color of any TV I've owned. Do you do a lot of fine tuning? Motion/Clarity etc? I've been messing around with HDR trying to find that perfect picture for my eyes. I'm SO close, but not quite there yet Not a fan of soap opera effect motion.
    I have found that the 930e is fine on factory settings. It may have some ability to adapt to the source that the 930d didn’t have because it has the extreme x1 processor.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
    Ah. Thought it was the same files connected two different ways. If it's also a difference between low-bitrate streaming and high-rez rips, then that's going to be audible under most any circumstances.

In my case, the files on my phone and the one on my thumb drive are both copied from my own 320kbps MP3 rips. I can't hear a difference between BT from the phone and USB from the thumb drive, even when the car's not running.
    I too am referring to same size files between Bluetooth and USB flash drive. I think maybe the flash drive plays back at a little bit higher volume than my phone does but then again that could just be the sound chip on my phone. A newer phone might be better than the one I have.