Thread: The MTV sub culture is a dim perspective for music

The MTV sub culture is a dim perspective for music

The MTV sub culture is a dim perspective for music really. Besides this, they are on the 10th season of Jersey Shore and Geordie Shore :/ !!!! if you double click on the pic you'll be able to read the comments better
    All 3 comics strip Listen to Progressive Music medium.jpg

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I don't think you'll get any arguments here. Does MTV still exist?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Hahahahaha!!!! This is actually a brilliant/argument reply, by yourself here JKL2000, yep this topic leaves us all speechless really

you don't want to investigate further I promise, it's bad really bad.

Yes it does, though it's mostly reality show crap.

The thing is, people carry on about MTV, but every single cable TV network from the 80's and 90's that still exists is gone down the toilet. You watched A&E lately? Or the Sci-Fi Channel (or SyFy Channel, or whatever they're calling it now)?! SyFy hasn't been worth watching since they lost Doctor Who.

Hell, even BBC America isn't as good as it was 10 years ago. Yeah, they've got Doctor Who, and Top Gear reruns, but that's about it. Waste way too much time showing American made movies and Star Trek: The Next Generation reruns! Dammit, I never did get to see the last seasons of The Sarah Jane Chronicles or Primeval.

Even VH-1 Classic is going down the tubes, showing movies, TV shows, and 90's era music. YICK!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Yes it does, though it's mostly reality show crap.

The thing is, people carry on about MTV, but every single cable TV network from the 80's and 90's that still exists is gone down the toilet. You watched A&E lately? Or the Sci-Fi Channel (or SyFy Channel, or whatever they're calling it now)?! SyFy hasn't been worth watching since they lost Doctor Who.

Hell, even BBC America isn't as good as it was 10 years ago. Yeah, they've got Doctor Who, and Top Gear reruns, but that's about it. Waste way too much time showing American made movies and Star Trek: The Next Generation reruns! Dammit, I never did get to see the last seasons of The Sarah Jane Chronicles or Primeval.

Even VH-1 Classic is going down the tubes, showing movies, TV shows, and 90's era music. YICK!
    I haven't watched A&E since the 80s I think, and I've never watched Szy-Fie. BBC America can't be that bad - my wife watches a load of Mystery shows on there. Sometimes I join in. She also watched a lot of Dr. Who, but I could never get into the new ones - each episode seems identical.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Or the Sci-Fi Channel (or SyFy Channel, or whatever they're calling it now)?! SyFy hasn't been worth watching since they lost Doctor Who.
    They recently had Childhood's End and are currently airing The Expanse, both pretty decent. As for Dr. Who, never could see the appeal.

I haven't watched A&E since the 80s I think, and I've never watched Szy-Fie. BBC America can't be that bad - my wife watches a load of Mystery shows on there. Sometimes I join in. She also watched a lot of Dr. Who, but I could never get into the new ones - each episode seems identical.
    somehow I cannot compare or stoop as low as Geordie Shore, not even Ambitious but Rubbish by Top Gear the latter is actually brilliant, funny and awesome btw xx

Nice drawings again, Sonia.

Suspended
    The Pacific ocean is wet.

I haven't watched A&E since the 80s I think,
    Let's just say it's not your father's A&E anymore. They don't show anything even remotely like the cool stuff they had on back in the 80's.

BBC America can't be that bad - my wife watches a load of Mystery shows on there. Sometimes I join in. She also watched a lot of Dr. Who, but I could never get into the new ones - each episode seems identical.
    Maybe not "that bad", but not as good as it was 10 years ago, either.

And they're showing decidedly "not independent" movies on the IFC and Sundance channels now, too.

re: SyFy Channel,

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    They recently had Childhood's End and are currently airing The Expanse, both pretty decent. As for Dr. Who, never could see the appeal.
    Are they still showing pro wrestling?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia_Mota View Post
    somehow I cannot compare or stoop as low as Geordie Shore, not even Ambitious but Rubbish by Top Gear the latter is actually brilliant, funny and awesome btw xx
    What's Geordie Shore? Top Gear is hilarious. I'm just wondering what's going to happen if/when they get the showing going again with the new hosts.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    EmptyV
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

All I watch is the History Channel and MeTV. Reruns of old sitcoms, and reality shows about life in Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    All I watch is the History Channel and MeTV. Reruns of old sitcoms, and reality shows about life in Alaska.
    We don't get MeTV here, but we do get (at least some of the day) COZI TV which shows lots of cool old TV shows. We also get FamilyNet, which does the same a lot of the day.