Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yesfans.com site

Quote Originally Posted by jrw View Post
    Same as usual. It's like watching one of the old soap operas on daytime television. You could go into a coma for six months and wake up and still be able to follow the soap because nothing substantive happens. Same thing at yesfans.
    This exactly, I'm trying to wean myself off the soap opera that is Yesfans, been on there for over 10 years but I'm getting really fed up with it. Looking for a new 'home' on the net - maybe here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I recall my review of Heaven & Earth was posted there by someone (because it was one of the first ones online) and when I likened it to the more poppy selections on albums from Union on up some thought I was just being a dick and trying to wind them up. Time has proven otherwise though, lol.
    To be fair- and I never really posted much on the site, very heavy on sycophantic fanboys like the old Genesis one was (although the latter had much more vitriol)- I remember one of the most vocal critics of PE was someone who was banned from this site. Before that he also criticised Yesfans on here when he was temporarily banned from there.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    To be fair- and I never really posted much on the site, very heavy on sycophantic fanboys like the old Genesis one was (although the latter had much more vitriol)- I remember one of the most vocal critics of PE was someone who was banned from this site. Before that he also criticised Yesfans on here when he was temporarily banned from there.
    The Genesis site was horrible.

The Yesfans site has some decent people there, but a number of dickheads as well, and it is so busy and has so many fora and sub-fora that the mods seem either unwilling or unable to properly police it.

The Unofficial Porcupine Tree Forum is pretty nice. The only problem there is that PT as a band has been inactive since about 2011; they are not prepared to rename it the Steven Wilson forum, hence the amount of discussion in the main forum is greatly diminished, and there is as much or more discussion in the "off-topic" parts of the site.

That's why I did a search for sites like this one, and found PE. It's nice having a site that is not dedicated to one particular musician or band, so you are not made to feel disloyal when you criticise certain bands.

Just tried to log onto Yesfans.com.. They seem to be unavailable.. anyone else having issues today?

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    Just tried to log onto Yesfans.com.. They seem to be unavailable.. anyone else having issues today?
    I couldn't get on either, they seem to be having a lot of tech issues recently..