Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OK, How Was Santa to You This Year? Naughty or Nice?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    The only thing I don't like about the Kindle is how it does away with the notion of page numbers and instead tells you where you are in a book by how long it MIGHT take you to finish it. That's pretty useless to me. Is there any way to change this?
    If you hit "menu" while reading an e-book, the page number will show up. Some older Kindles don't have that option, but I assume yours is a recent one.

The only thing I don't like about the Kindle is how it does away with the notion of page numbers and instead tells you where you are in a book by how long it MIGHT take you to finish it. That's pretty useless to me. Is there any way to change this?
    Read faster.

Santa was very good to me and my family. We stopped exchanging gifts about 4 years ago and started going to Disney World for the holidays. We are huge Disney fanatics (2-3 trips per year). It was getting crazy spending 10k plus every year on Christmas for a family of 4 when we already have everything we need. This years Disney trip was extra special as our oldest son proposed to his girlfriend (at the California Grill on the 15th floor of the Contemporary during the Magic Kingdom Fireworks) who we love dearly. We are so excited. We may have to plan a real quick Justice of the Peace wedding as they are now preparing to move to Singapore on Feb 2 for the next 2 years.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay G View Post
    Santa was very good to me and my family. We stopped exchanging gifts about 4 years ago and started going to Disney World for the holidays. We are huge Disney fanatics (2-3 trips per year). It was getting crazy spending 10k plus every year on Christmas for a family of 4 when we already have everything we need. This years Disney trip was extra special as our oldest son proposed to his girlfriend (at the California Grill on the 15th floor of the Contemporary during the Magic Kingdom Fireworks) who we love dearly. We are so excited. We may have to plan a real quick Justice of the Peace wedding as they are now preparing to move to Singapore on Feb 2 for the next 2 years.
    How the heck were you spending $10,000+ every year on Christmas? Giving each other gold ingots?

How the heck were you spending $10,000+ every year on Christmas? Giving each other gold ingots?
    It was easy actually. Lots of excess. Computers, video games, coach bags, Waterford crystal, guitars, jewelry, cruises, etc, etc. All adds up very quickly. Look back on it now and realize how crazy we were all those years especially as our kids got older and into adulthood.

We stopped exchanging gifts about 4 years ago and started going to Disney World for the holidays.
    I proposed stopping Christmas years ago but was met with a resounding "NO" from my wife.. Funny this year our son in law looked at all the wrapping paper from all the presents after opening everything and suggested we stop this insanity and take a trip together instead.. All we really want is each others company.. the presents are such a waste.. At this stage in my life what else do I really need? I've got a house full of "stuff"... I tell myself each year I'm gonna "downsize".. I started with the garage last summer..

He brought me Kamasi Washington's The Epic, so I'd have to say he was pretty damn nice!

I'm still working my way through the stack of CDs I got from Santa. I shared my Amazon wish list with my wife and she organised the relatives etc. The thing is, my wish list has grown over the years and I can't even remember how most of it got on there, so some of what I got was a genuine surprise.

Today I got around to listening to Anebalas by Bubu. I guess someone mentioned it on here and I had a listen and put it on my list but I can't for the life of me remember when! Anyway, based on a first listen, it sounds like a great album.

I was given:
    Joe Jackson - Fast Forward (excellent)
    Tiger Moth Tales - Cocoon (disappointing)
    Coldplay - new one (a lot better than the weak Ghost Stories but not as good as their best)

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    I got:
    King Crimson, "Thrak Box"
    Opeth, "Deliverance and Damnation" (with 5.1 mixes)

After Christmas, I bought myself the Steve Hackett "Premonitions" boxed set and Mahavishnu Orchestra, "Birds of Fire" SACD with Quad mix.

The big score was a new Sigma 150-600 mm lens for my camera.
    Chad

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by everyday View Post
    I was given:

Tiger Moth Tales - Cocoon (disappointing)
    Try listening again to the song A Visit to Chigwick. IMO that's the best track on there. Then have another listen to Don't Let Go, Feels Alright. Just focus on those.

Santa was very good to me and my family. We stopped exchanging gifts about 4 years ago and started going to Disney World for the holidays. We are huge Disney fanatics (2-3 trips per year).
    If you let me know the next time you go my childhood neighbor lives in Florida and works there. My mother used to babysit him and his older brother before school when his parents went to work. I don't know exactly what he does but maybe he could hook you up with some behind the scenes stuff as they say.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I got something for Christmas that my wife said I needed, but I don't think this is what she had in mind:

Last edited by Shadow; 01-18-2016 at 11:44 AM.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    If you let me know the next time you go my childhood neighbor lives in Florida and works there. My mother used to babysit him and his older brother before school when his parents went to work. I don't know exactly what he does but maybe he could hook you up with some behind the scenes stuff as they say.
    Ed - thanks. MY wife and I are actually going back March 22 for Easter.