Thread: The New Prog Beer Snob Thread

Belated Thanksgiving Wishes fellow snobs..Picked up a 4 pack of these in Charlotte Wednesday at Salud in Noda (Polmico!)..Pricey but tasty..

283.jpg 280.jpg 281.jpg

I picked up a 4 pack of Founders CBS a few days ago.
    "If you want to see the true nature of humanity, just look at the internet."

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Troegs Mad Elf

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Laura

Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    Troegs Mad Elf
    Troegs makes quite a nice product. Been to the brewery in Hershey, PA, a number of times. Big tasting room with a good selection of German pub food.
    Lou

Awarded the Krusty Brand Seal of Approval. It's not just good, it's good enough.

Let's see if this photo works - beer fridge is restocked for the holidays

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Good to see that the Sierra Nevada Celebration man finally made it to your neck of the woods, Jerol.
    if you want money for people with minds that hate, all I can tell you is brother you have to wait

Jerol, how do you get yer pix to fill the whole frame of the post like that?

nice stock BTW!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

As I said on Facebook nice to seem my hometown represented well. Helping to keep people in Kalamazoo employed!

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    Jerol, how do you get yer pix to fill the whole frame of the post like that?

nice stock BTW!
    When you post an image from a URL, uncheck the box "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" and you'll get the bigger image.

I had to travel about 90+ miles to score the Sierra Nevada. My guess is the liquor store nearest me will have it in about a week or two. I'll restock then. Still looking for another winter ale, like Deschutes Jubelale.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Jubelale is a real good Winter Warmer... I think it took 2nd place in our double-blind tests
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    When you post an image from a URL, uncheck the box "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" and you'll get the bigger image.

I had to travel about 90+ miles to score the Sierra Nevada. My guess is the liquor store nearest me will have it in about a week or two. I'll restock then. Still looking for another winter ale, like Deschutes Jubelale.
    I found the Sierra Nevada on tap at a restaurant / bar in town last weekend. I was not specifically looking for it, but they had it. I had a couple and they were very good.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I found the Sierra Nevada on tap at a restaurant / bar in town last weekend. I was not specifically looking for it, but they had it. I had a couple and they were very good.
    One of those "I think I'll sit down and have a couple" moments.
    Ian

I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

if you want money for people with minds that hate, all I can tell you is brother you have to wait

I detect a collector's item in the making. I'll keep my eye out for a can.

I've still got an unopened six pack of Billy Beer down the cellar.
    Lou

Awarded the Krusty Brand Seal of Approval. It's not just good, it's good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    One of those "I think I'll sit down and have a couple" moments.
    Ha, yea well......we were actually there for dinner with some friends and they just happened to have it on tap.

It is ridiculously rare that I get to enjoy a beer on tap. We're too far out in Bud Light country for one thing and any place that has beer worth drinking is a good 90 miles from home. And guess whose responsibility it is to drive us home (hint, it's not my wife). So yeah, I am dependent on what I can drink at home. I tried growlers but the damn things go flat immediately!

It is ridiculously rare that I get to enjoy a beer on tap. We're too far out in Bud Light country for one thing and any place that has beer worth drinking is a good 90 miles from home. And guess whose responsibility it is to drive us home (hint, it's not my wife). So yeah, I am dependent on what I can drink at home. I tried growlers but the damn things go flat immediately!
    What about crowlers?
    Art is parasitic on life, just as criticism is parasitic on art.
    Harry S Truman

Around here more and more places are using Growlers with a stopper type seal instead of a regular cap. Bell's has a growler system that actually pressurizes as it fills the growler and then seals it with a stopper. The cool thing about this is the beer stays fresh for much longer. Crowlers have not made a huge splash here yet, although occasionally I find them. They make beer last longer than traditional growlers as well.

I love draft beer, but there is nothing wrong with bottled and canned beer. I was in a store and spotted a pint can of beer from a local brewery. I thought it a bit pricey, until I thought about what I would pay for a pint of the same beer on draft at the brewery. Then, it became a good deal. I consider myself fortunate to live near a watering hole that has all the Sierra Nevada beers on tap, including the seasonal Celebration Ale, a spot previously filled by their wonderful Oktoberfest.

IMG_7184.jpg

Finally got a photo of the Canadian "reindeer orgy" beer over to this thread.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Those poor sensitive Carolinians
    Ian

I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Got me some Deschutes Jubelale. Pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    Lou

Quote Originally Posted by beano View Post
    Belated Thanksgiving Wishes fellow snobs..Picked up a 4 pack of these in Charlotte Wednesday at Salud in Noda (Polmico!)..Pricey but tasty..

283.jpg 280.jpg 281.jpg
    Salud is the place to go! Did you check out their brewery upstairs?
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.