Page 52 of 131 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 3255

Thread: The New Prog Beer Snob Thread

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Drinking a Destihl Deadhead Imperial Red 9.1% in Knoxville st Big Ears, good beer selection in the city.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Now Drinking..

20180325_153435_resized.jpg

And some beers from the wife & son for my birthday, and some bought by me...

20180325_155147_resized.jpg20180325_155002_resized.jpg

Burp......

I will compile a list of these later and edit this post but here's the beers I got this past weekend in the Twin Cities.

https://imgur.com/a/MlP2R

OK, starting from the top left:

Fulton's Sweet Child of Vine IPA
    Lift Bridge Farm Girl Saison
    Lift Bridge Hop Dish IPA (the most MN beer name ever)
    Elysian Space Dust IPA (finally get to find out what you guys have been talking about)
    Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro
    The Summit IPA Variety Pack - Experimental Hop, Wee IPA, Saga IPA, and Imperial IPA
    Rogue's Furious IPA
    Bell's Two Hearted Ale IPA (the holiest of my holys)
    Indeed's Let it Ride IPA (had two of these last night and it's incredible)
    Lupulin's Blissful Ignorance Double IPA

Photo two is a lineup of ales I got from a friend:

Barrel Theory - these are 750 mil. cans! Each one is different:
    Cin City Milk Stout w/cinnamon and vanilla
    Purple Lamborghini Berliner with raspberry, boysenberry, and um... marionberry
    Shooter McGavin Double IPA
    Rain Drops Northeast IPA

Founders Backwoods Bastard barrel-aged Scotch Ale
    Founders KBS (you know about this devilry)
    Goose Island Bourbon County Stout (I'm not a fan of Goose Island but it was a gift and I'll let it age for a few years)
    Sierra Nevada 2017 Bigfoot Barleywine
    Last edited by Jerjo; 03-31-2018 at 12:19 PM.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I will compile a list of these later and edit this post but here's the beers I got this past weekend in the Twin Cities.

https://imgur.com/a/MlP2R
    Love the Fulton beers! And they have a cool taproom a short walk away from Target Field for gameday fun.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    I just came back from a brief trip to Charlotte, NC, and had a chance to stop at the Olde Mecklenburg Brewery. I had a couple in their Festhall, along with their crabcakes, and it gets an unequivocal thumbs up by me and the wife.

Further more, within a city block or two, there are two other micro-breweries and a cider brewery, so one could pass quite a bit of the day there. Alas, the others went unsampled, but that's okay. As I come to understand my own tastes, I'm fairly consistently in the German & English styles camp. Their Ninth Anniversary Altbeir was particularly good.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post
    I just came back from a brief trip to Charlotte, NC, and had a chance to stop at the Olde Mecklenburg Brewery. I had a couple in their Festhall, along with their crabcakes, and it gets an unequivocal thumbs up by me and the wife.

Further more, within a city block or two, there are two other micro-breweries and a cider brewery, so one could pass quite a bit of the day there. Alas, the others went unsampled, but that's okay. As I come to understand my own tastes, I'm fairly consistently in the German & English styles camp. Their Ninth Anniversary Altbeir was particularly good.
    Yep. I know OMB well, and usually have at least a sixer in the fridge from them. The space they built out there is really awesome.

Like you, I'm firmly in the German and English style camp. I love pilsners and lagers and seek those styles out wherever I go.

Wifey and I will be in San Francisco and then Hawai'i this week, and I'm sure I'll make some time to sample some local beverages.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Wifey and I were in Orlando, Fla., this past week to go to Universal Studios and to check out the surrounding area for retirement potential. While at Universal we had an expensive lunch at a so-so restaurant. I had a Bell's Two-Hearted Ale. Absolutely loved it. Best part of the whole meal. A nice pale ale with subtle hop flavor; just right.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    Wifey and I were in Orlando, Fla., this past week to go to Universal Studios and to check out the surrounding area for retirement potential. While at Universal we had an expensive lunch at a so-so restaurant. I had a Bell's Two-Hearted Ale. Absolutely loved it. Best part of the whole meal. A nice pale ale with subtle hop flavor; just right.
    Were you in any of the Harry Potter worlds? They have a really good stout brewed just for them by a local brewery..Can't recall the names of either though!

Quote Originally Posted by beano View Post
    Were you in any of the Harry Potter worlds? They have a really good stout brewed just for them by a local brewery..Can't recall the names of either though!
    Wizard's Brew

Florida Beer Company

Stout - American

Quote Originally Posted by beano View Post
    Wizard's Brew

Florida Beer Company

Stout - American
    We did the Hogswarts Castle ride (three times in one day). Wish I had known about that beer; I would have looked for it.
    Lou

Gonna hijack the thread..just briefly..Love my beer but certainly not opposed to some nice wine..!! and of course, one of my favorite vegetables, ASPARAGUS!!

Happy Easter to all...also any other Holiday you may celebrate..CHEERS!

20180401_160446.jpg

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

The New Prog Beer Snob Thread

Just what I happen to be drinking:

Now Drinking....

20180408_154840_resized.jpg

One of the more established microbreweries opened up a tap room, literally a city-block away from my apartment: Sante Andairius Rustic Ales.

What they have on tap exceeds what they list on the website. Downside: they don't sell flights. Upside: a delicious herbal pilsner called the "Collective We," and a rather smokey brown ale called, "Old Ghosts." So I had the pleasure of walking through the rain into the taproom, handing the lad behind the bar my growler, and asking him to, "Fill it up with Old Ghosts."

It was a poetic moment.

One of the more established microbreweries opened up a tap room, literally a city-block away from my apartment: Sante Andairius Rustic Ales.

What they have on tap exceeds what they list on the website. Downside: they don't sell flights. Upside: a delicious herbal pilsner called the "Collective We," and a rather smokey brown ale called, "Old Ghosts." So I had the pleasure of walking through the rain into the taproom, handing the lad behind the bar my growler, and asking him to, "Fill it up with Old Ghosts."

It was a poetic moment.
    I asked the barmaid for a "Cranky Wench" the other day and she seemed to find it funny.
    <sig out of order>

Now Drinking..

20180414_152526.jpg

They certainly have a better selection of German style beer than you get in the part of Germany I live. It's a little bit irritating that they are named after a part of East Germany
    and the beers are mostly West, North and South German style.

Hot dog! The local beer shop (Salud in Charlotte in case you’re curious) just got a big shipment of Jester King! Farmhouse Texas style beers are in my future.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    They certainly have a better selection of German style beer than you get in the part of Germany I live. It's a little bit irritating that they are named after a part of East Germany
    and the beers are mostly West, North and South German style.
    I think some of the original European settlers of Charlotte were from Mecklenburg, and that's what inspired the name. I don't know that there is more of a connection than that. Both history and geography can get hazy this side of the Atlantic.

I think some of the original European settlers of Charlotte were from Mecklenburg, and that's what inspired the name. I don't know that there is more of a connection than that. Both history and geography can get hazy this side of the Atlantic.
    As long as the beer is great it doesn't matter much

It's pretty hard to get something else than industrial Pilsener in a Biergarten where I live (West Germany)...

Charlotte (named after a queen) is in Mecklenburg County.

OMB’s founder traveled (or lived?) in Germany. When he came back to NC, he wanted to drink the same beers he drank there. This according to the brewery tour.

They’ve got a Spring bock out now. It’s delicious.

Wasn't sure on which thread (Currently Reading or Beer Snob) to post this, but decided to go here. I'm currently in the midst of a wonderful book, The Comic Book Story of Beer. It's like a graphic novel or Classics Illustrated on the history of beer.

ComicBookBeer.jpg

While reading it last night, I enjoyed a Spencer IPA from the Trappist monastery in Spencer, Mass. Delish!

41772.jpg
    Lou

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I do like Spencer's Trappist Ale.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Banned
    Here's my favorite beer at the moment. delirium_nocturnum_large-60-225_740_0.jpg

Been drinking it here and there for years and I always come back to it. Superb.