Page 105 of 131 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 3255

Thread: The New Prog Beer Snob Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    I just had a relatively dry winter lager from Brooklyn Brewery that was very balanced.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Tried some Stella Artois Midnight Lager. Not a microbrew, but a good dark lager for winter. I don't recall seeing Midnight Lager last year. It's new to me.

Having never been to England, I can't say that I've ever had a pint of this brew but damn, I want one now.

https://www.pelliclemag.com/home/201...ys-sussex-best

There used to be a pub/restaurant in Eden Prairie MN called Sherlock's Home. The owner, Bill Burdick, had some of the most beautiful cask-conditioned ales I ever came across and one was a really drinkable bitter. Man, I miss that place.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

^ Enjoyed the article, thanks for posting.

Ha, yep pretty accurate! If you want to hear a typical Michigan accent listen to our Governor Gretchen Whitmer. Even though she tries to speak generically she has one of the most profound Michigan accents I have ever heard. Regarding the beer, I saw that Bell's was coming out with this, so it will be interesting to see how it is.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Ha, yep pretty accurate! If you want to hear a typical Michigan accent listen to our Governor Gretchen Whitmer. Even though she tries to speak generically she has one of the most profound Michigan accents I have ever heard. Regarding the beer, I saw that Bell's was coming out with this, so it will be interesting to see how it is.
    Jane Curtain?

I was talking to my resident beer expert, who also enjoys drinking and trying somethings I will never drink again such as sours, who happens to also be the receiver at my store. We actually split up some of the x-mas beers we both didn't want to make whole six pack commitments to.
    Anyhow, I hadn't seen any of the Bell's products for quite some time here in Virginia. He told me that Bell's did not like the distributor who got the contract here and a couple surrounding states and that they would rather lose 10% of their buisness until they found another distributor, which they finally did with a wine distributer. All the Bell's products I have had, have been delicious.

Jane Curtain?
    Mmmm.......not sure what Jane Curtain connection to Michigan is? I think she is from the East Coast if I remember right.

Quote Originally Posted by luvyesmusic View Post
    I was talking to my resident beer expert, who also enjoys drinking and trying somethings I will never drink again such as sours, who happens to also be the receiver at my store. We actually split up some of the x-mas beers we both didn't want to make whole six pack commitments to.
    Anyhow, I hadn't seen any of the Bell's products for quite some time here in Virginia. He told me that Bell's did not like the distributor who got the contract here and a couple surrounding states and that they would rather lose 10% of their buisness until they found another distributor, which they finally did with a wine distributer. All the Bell's products I have had, have been delicious.
    I don't know the whole story, but there was some kind of distribution conflict in Virginia a while back.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Mmmm.......not sure what Jane Curtain connection to Michigan is? I think she is from the East Coast if I remember right.
    I thought she did one on SNL, and sure she isn’t from MI or the upper peninsula, which has one of the unique ones in the Midwest. I knew a lady from the upper peninsula which had it.
    https://www.metrotimes.com/the-scene...rding-to-study

There are multiple Youtube videos mocking the MI accent, but I couldn’t find one for Jane Curtin.

I thought she did one on SNL, and sure she isn’t from MI or the upper peninsula, which has one of the unique ones in the Midwest. I knew a lady from the upper peninsula which had it.
    https://www.metrotimes.com/the-scene...rding-to-study

There are multiple Youtube videos mocking the MI accent, but I couldn’t find one for Jane Curtin.
    Yoopers (or people who live in the U.P.) have their own unique accents which is different from those of us who are trolls (live under the bridge) in the lower Peninsula. Whitmer has a very pronounced lower peninsula accent. More so than any other public figure that I can think of.

Today, I bought a six of Bells Hopslam for the first time in several years. A case of Hopslam used to be a regular yearly purchase for me, but it began to lose ground when compared to too many other beers that are available.

I expect that it'll be good, but overpriced.

Equilibrium Brewery is not too far away from me here in the Hudson Valley (it's in Middletown, Orange County). Anyway, they make amazing IPAs and I just got a 4-pack of a TIPA (10% abv) of the Middletown Waves. It's absolutely delicious and smoooooth and so hoppy and creamy.

$26 for 4-pack. 10/10 easily imo.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/47536/416891/
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Bottling 5 gallons of cream ale today. Been quietly fermenting in the kitchen for the last couple of weeks. Looks like it'll be fairly tame with just a subtle hoppiness. It's been a couple of years since I've brewed my own; good to get back at it.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Watching the NFL AFC Championship game and sipping a Founders KBS Maple Mackinac Fudge Imperial Stout. (Aged in Oak Bourbon barrels.)

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Nice! I'm on an Old Nation M-43 IPA
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Bought a six pack of Pyramid Apricot or Peach ale decades ago. Not so good. The last month or so I have been looking at Wanderland nectarine ale 7.5% from Sierra Nevada in the backroom of the store. Bought a six pack last night after work and had one, and another tonight. I do like sweet stuff, and this tastes amazingly like a sweet nectarine. Could be trouble as they go down easy. Pace yourself, or stay home. I may be picking up some extra as this is seasonal.
    https://images.app.goo.gl/rcPwm3gXuaXAMVVFA

I had a Sierra Nevada Narwhal Imperial Stout. Perfect beer for a driving wind, snow, and minus eighteen wind chill.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I had a Sierra Nevada Narwhal Imperial Stout. Perfect beer for a driving wind, snow, and minus eighteen wind chill.
    Sounds like it could actually save your life in those conditions. Drink four or five, you'll be in no condition to shovel snow, or drive a car. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by luvyesmusic View Post
    Sounds like it could actually save your life in those conditions. Drink four or five, you'll be in no condition to shovel snow, or drive a car. ;-)
    Or get in out of the cold...

Today I shoveled and ran the snow blower for about 45 minutes in minus zero chills. It was a little brisk. Actual temp right now is -4 with a wind chill of -25. That's whisky weather.

Banned
    A comment on beer advocate that says it all:

This beer is indeed a Big Little Thing. It's insanely light, balanced, and drinkable for a 9% Imperial IPA.

Banned

The New Prog Beer Snob Thread

The other thing about the Little Big Thing IPA, is that the price is one of the lowest at Total Wine. My memory was $8.99 for 6 12 oz cans. Before tax.

Sounds good. Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.