Thread: The New Prog Beer Snob Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    SNL aired a video of Michigan gov Gretchen Whitmer drinking a LaBatt. Whitmer issued a statement that corrected them on her beer of choice, Michigan's best IPA.

Attachment 14016
    I found that SNL skit to be hilarious, but maybe you have to live in Michigan to get it. Whitmer's statement with the Two Hearted was also funny!

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    if you want money for people with minds that hate, all I can tell you is brother you have to wait

I have found I donít like some IPAs in the bottle or can, but like them on tap. Itís like maybe the carbonic acid adds too much edge from the additional carbonation. Hazy IPAs donít seem to have edge. Just had this and itís good:
    On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

Recommeded:

https://kissmeyer.com/product/stockholm-syndrome-dipa/

An intense, full bodied and massive double/imperial IPA, but in its young life with an explosion of fruity hop aromas and flavours, and later in life with vineous and woody complexity. Huge, but incredibly smooth and balanced bitterness, creating a lethal drinakbility!

Bell's has come up with a light version of Two Hearted. I'll be having one tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Bell's has come up with a light version of Two Hearted. I'll be having one tonight.
    I have actually been drinking a lot of that since it came out. It is really the perfect session beer. 3.8% alcohol, so basically the same as a Miller / Bud Light and 110 calories. It does not taste as good as regular Two Hearted, but tastes a hell of a lot better than regular light beers. It is a little bit pricey, but that is because they used top notch ingredients to make it. It is the perfect beer for the golf course, beach or any time you want to drink quite a few beers, but not get too fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve[I
    may[/I]Sly;977130]I have actually been drinking a lot of that since it came out. It is really the perfect session beer. 3.8% alcohol, so basically the same as a Miller / Bud Light and 110 calories. It does not taste as good as regular Two Hearted, but tastes a hell of a lot better than regular light beers. It is a little bit pricey, but that is because they used top notch ingredients to make it. It is the perfect beer for the golf course, beach or any time you want to drink quite a few beers, but not get too fucked up.
    It is very good, and serves the purpose you describe. However, at no point, did I stop and say "Wow."

I do buy "lighter" beers to mix in with my usual fare, so it isn't all just heavy bombs all night long. (Though occasionally...) Anyway, my go to lighter change of pace beer has been Wolf Pup Session IPA. My buddy, who is an even bigger beer head than I am, thinks it's an INBEV product, but he's not sure. So if doctrinal purity is your thing, this may not be for you. And I've not been able to find their full powered IPA. The brewery is supposedly Golden Road Brewing, which sounds like they should be brewing mushroom decoctions. Anyway, it's a nice low alcohol IPA with a pronounced citrus flavor, and I recommend it without reservation.
    He did not know that the sword he'd hold, would turn his priceless empire into fool's gold...

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

This (almost) alcohol free IPA is very good !

https://www.brewdog.com/blog/punk-af/

Brooklyn Special Effects (amber lager) is also quite ok !
    Last edited by Zeuhlmate; 1 Week Ago at 06:26 AM.

Ready for summer!

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    This (almost) alcohol free IPA is very good !

https://www.brewdog.com/blog/punk-af/

Brooklyn Special Effects (amber lager) is also quite ok !
    https://steadydrinker.com/reviews/pa...ewdog-punk-af/
    On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

Although as a Scot, it pains me to say so, but I find more or less everything produced by BrewDog to be overhyped sh*te. Their bars, in particular, make manifest everything that is wrong with their beer - loud & shouty on first impression, & somewhere you wouldn't want to stay for any length of time.

Their non-/low-alcohol offerings conform to type.

By contrast, the low/non-alcohol "Without" range brewed by St Peters are all excellent (https://www.stpetersbrewery.co.uk/pr...ohol-free-ale/); as is the Franziskaner alcohol-free wheat beer.

^ Yeah, I avoid BrewDog as well. Mediocre at best, for my taste.