Page 92 of 131 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 3255

Thread: The New Prog Beer Snob Thread

Quote Originally Posted by beano View Post
    Fellow beer snobs for the tasting session..I will be bringing around 50 clear plastic cups but if anyone has some lying around, couldn't hurt to have more then enough..Bringing NoDa Captain Peanut Butters Porter-Charlotte NC..Lenny Boy Laughing Yogi -Charlotte NC(Belgian Wheat brewed with organic jasmine green tea) and some Wicked Weed Appalachia Session IPA's-Asheville NC..

Attachment 13316

Attachment 13314

Attachment 13315
    I will bring these, from Hysteria Brewing in Columbia MD. I had the German Pilsner last night. It reminded me of Stoney's -- a beer brewed in Smithton PA by the Jones family whose notable family member was Shirley Jones (the mother on the Partridge Family TV show). You have to be a fan of Saaz hops.

Brian, there's a couple of IPAs here for you to try.

NÖÖSEN SCÖÖTEN JÖÖSEN
    DOUBLE INDIA PALE ALE

We really enjoyed New Scoot Juicin', our double IPA dry hopped with Citra, El Dorado, and Mosaic so much that we decided to brew it again. This time we fermented it with a Norwegian Kveik yeast. It's juicy, its awesome and it was crazy watching this ferment around 95 degrees!
    8.6% ABV - 35 IBU'S

TIPPING POINT
    PALE WHEAT ALE

Our sunshine in a glass pale wheat ale, brewed with Citra and Simcoe. Light bodied, hazy, and easy drinking. Soft mouthfeel, citrusy lemon, with subtle notes of pineapple and grapefruit zest. Drinky, drinky...
    5.6% ABV - 30 IBU'S

CANNING SESSION
    INDIA PALE ALE

Do you know Billy? Billy is the man behind all of these fancy cans filled with beer. He's also one of the brewers here and this is his 1st recipe! We wanted something refreshing to imbibe whilst on the clock operating heavy machinery. This session IPA is loaded with 6lbs per barrel of Citra, Comet, Azacca, and Amarilo. No need to hold my beer, we're professionals.
    4.7% ABV - 32 IBU'S

FLIPPY FLOPPY SEASON
    GERMAN PILSNER

We (Ty) just want to drink all day. So, we (Jordan & Billy) brewed this clean, crispy delicious, biscuity, refreshing lager. Drink one...Drink 6...Whatever, nobody is counting.
    4.7% ABV - 28 IBU'S

Banned
    OMG, Hemp is here

Really looking forward to all these beers..and the music of course!!!

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    On my yearly quest for best Oktoberfest beer. So far, I tried Trader Joe's Oktoberfest in a bottle, which is good, and Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest 2019 on tap, which is fantastic.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    On my yearly quest for best Oktoberfest beer. So far, I tried Trader Joe's Oktoberfest in a bottle, which is good, and Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest 2019 on tap, which is fantastic.
    Founder's is making an Oktoberfest for the first time this year. I am curious to try it.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks for the heads-up. I haven't seen Founder's Oktoberfest but will look for it. Founders makes good beer. There aren't many Oktoberfest beers in the stores yet at the end of August, but they'll be here soon. I lucked out on the Sierra Nevada, because I asked if they had any at a local watering hole, and they said they had just changed the tap over to the new Oktoberfest.

I recently had two draft beers that were new to me:

The Brewing Lair BLT Belgian Tripel (Blairsden, CA)-very good.

Seismic Shatter Cone IPA (Santa Rosa, CA)-excellent.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz_d_kidd View Post
    What time are the "snobs" gonna meet up at Prog Day? Saturday after the first band finishes?
    Come on guys I need progday feedback!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up. I haven't seen Founder's Oktoberfest but will look for it. Founders makes good beer. There aren't many Oktoberfest beers in the stores yet at the end of August, but they'll be here soon. I lucked out on the Sierra Nevada, because I asked if they had any at a local watering hole, and they said they had just changed the tap over to the new Oktoberfest.

I recently had two draft beers that were new to me:

The Brewing Lair BLT Belgian Tripel (Blairsden, CA)-very good.

Seismic Shatter Cone IPA (Santa Rosa, CA)-excellent.
    I don't think the Founders Oktoberfest has been released yet, but they are doing one this fall. Bell's Oktoberfest just came out this past week. I find it kind of middle of the road, but a lot of people around here love it.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Not there this year either, so need a report!

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    The brew you sent from Treehouse(or was it Trillium..?) was excellent..! Many other great brews from MO, MD and more! new faces, old faces, GREAT tasting overall! Oh yeah, beautiful weather and great music too..!!
    Last edited by beano; 09-02-2019 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beano View Post
    The brew you sent from Treehouse(or was it Trillium..?) was excellent..! Many other great brews from MO, MD and more! new faces, old faces, GREAT tasting overall! Oh yeah, beautiful weather and great music too..!!
    Indeed, all was good. Tried some I never had before.

Dave, Sr.: I finally drank the can of Gold Hobgoblin the day after I got home. A mighty smooth and delicious lager. Thank you, sir.

Brian (Beano): I'm not a fan of flavored beer, but that peanut-butter beer (can't remember the name) was wonderful. I have a sweet tooth, so it scratched the itch for both beer and a candy bar.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    Indeed, all was good. Tried some I never had before.

Dave, Sr.: I finally drank the can of Gold Hobgoblin the day after I got home. A mighty smooth and delicious lager. Thank you, sir.

Brian (Beano): I'm not a fan of flavored beer, but that peanut-butter beer (can't remember the name) was wonderful. I have a sweet tooth, so it scratched the itch for both beer and a candy bar.
    Glad you enjoyed it Lou..however it is a English Pale Ale
    hobgob.jpg
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Just remembered I had taken these shots...(ProgDay 2019)

075.jpg

077.jpg
    Last edited by beano; 09-07-2019 at 08:22 AM.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    There was a Magnify (NYC) event in Boston today so I had a little drive (150 mile round trip) to that, Tree House & Trillium. Three cases later. Biggest pain was the usual 1 hour 45 minute queue at Tree House. Trillium was walk right up.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Founders KBS Espresso variant in 2020 and KBS year round. I can live with it.

Their are at least 2 area stores that have at least 4 or 5 4 packs of Founders KBS on the shelves, and have had them since this year's batch was released. So, we have KBS year round already.

They flew off the shelves last year.

We in Michigan have had KBS (and CBS) year round on the shelves. I like KBS the best when it's fresh or up to about 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by philsunset View Post
    We in Michigan have had KBS (and CBS) year round on the shelves. I like KBS the best when it's fresh or up to about 6 months.
    Yup, neither one of them are rarities anymore. I remember just a couple of years ago not being able to get hold of any CBS, but now it is not unusual to find it around months after it is released. KBS can be found pretty much anytime if one wants to look.

^ I'm of the opinion that it's good, but it's not $23.99 good. They sold like hot cakes the first year they were available around here, as Craft beer fans had to try it. However, I suspect that moving forward, most have decided that it's overpriced, which has led to the product lingering on the shelves now, now that those interested have tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ I'm of the opinion that it's good, but it's not $23.99 good. They sold like hot cakes the first year they were available around here, as Craft beer fans had to try it. However, I suspect that moving forward, most have decided that it's overpriced, which has led to the product lingering on the shelves now, now that those interested have tried it.
    I agree. I like CBS, but don't think it is worth the price they get for it. KBS is quite a bit cheaper around here, but still expensive.

It official Arcadia Brewing here in Kalamazoo is toast. These guys beer was always hit and miss for me (although a few I really liked), but their location on the Kalamazoo River was really nice. They have been in financial trouble for a while now. https://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo...estaurant.html

^^^ I can't say I'll miss them. I was never a fan of their beers. In other MI beer news, Dark Horse was acquired in a merger with ROAK brewery.

^^^ I can't say I'll miss them. I was never a fan of their beers. In other MI beer news, Dark Horse was acquired in a merger with ROAK brewery.
    Arcadia had to compete in the shadow of Bell’s (they are within walking distance of each other), and I would generally agree that their beer was not on the same level, although I do like some of what they did.

Sad news about Dark Horse too. I had heard that their sales were down over 50% for 2018, so this did not come as a total shock to me. There have also been a lot of rumors in these parts about the main owner having a significant drug problem of some kind, that played into all of this. I have not had a lot for ROAK, so don’t really know about their quality. I think they are going to keep the Dark Horse brand, but not sure about that. The Michigan beer scene is just getting incredibly over crowded.

Just read rumors of a Vanilla Black Note release (maybe around all stouts day).

Just read rumors of a Vanilla Black Note release (maybe around all stouts day).
    Wait, are we talking beer... or a new prog group I've never heard of?
    "Normal is just the average of extremes" - Gary Lessor