Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131
Results 3,251 to 3,255 of 3255

Thread: The New Prog Beer Snob Thread

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

The Mrs. was notified that she's giving this to me for my birthday the night she sent me out to pick up some takeout that's next to a liquor store.
    It's sitting on the floor next to the door to the garage.

I'm going to Ft Wayne, Indiana for a concert next Friday, and as I often do when attending concerts 2 or 3 hours away, I'm staying overnight with the intention of hitting a couple of breweries on Saturday. My question...Does anyone know of any breweries which should not be missed in Ft. Wayne?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post

The Mrs. was notified that she's giving this to me for my birthday the night she sent me out to pick up some takeout that's next to a liquor store.
    It's sitting on the floor next to the door to the garage.
    Looks like a few (if not all) of these are brewed in Ghent. I like the beers from the Gulden Draak brewery, & the Piraat is excellent.

The Golden Dragon itself sits high & proud atop the old Belfry in Ghent, the middle of its distinctive row of three towers - & is the mascot of the town.

There are lots of wonderful places to drink beer in Belgium, but few are better than down by the river in the historic old centre of Ghent.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Recent drafts:

Last week I tried a Wolf Pack Pale Ale by Brewer's Cabinet (Reno, NV), named for the University of Nevada's sports teams.

Today, in the wonderful weather of Fake Summer, I had a Pliny The Elder IPA by Russian River (Santa Rosa, CA) and a Kilty Pleasure Scottish Ale by Fall River (Redding, CA). Yes, The River Knows. Alas, Fake Summer ends tomorrow with a forecast of snow and wind through the week. Nice while it lasted, as were the beers.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

^ I've definitely been having a Beer Summer for some time now.