Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    Indeed. Most more than Bud Light.
    That's Sex in a Canoe.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    The combination of whisky barrels and beers is becoming more common

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/gulden...dition/237687/

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/het-an...nfused/370784/

Het Anker have even started to make their own whisky https://www.hetanker.be/en/gouden-carolus-single-malt
    I am a huge fan as well:

Backwoods Bastard from Founders

Dragon’s Milk from New Holland

Bourbon Barrel-Aged Adoration from Ommegang

and two weekends ago, I found this beauty from Cape May Brewing.

20190512_085907.jpg

Concrete Ship: a bourbon-barrel-aged version of their imperial stout. 10.1% ABV

My favorite of the bunch.

That's a 19.2 oz can. One can is good for me in a night

All of these are more like sipping beers; best in tulip glasses or tumblers.
    Man you guys take awfully seriously a bunch of pampered, spoiled twenty and thirty something year old jocks earning millions of dollars to play a game running up and down a field. Why do you care so much about these guys to the point of arguing with each other. Do you think they care an iota about you?

Bartellb on pro football

Some yardwork done, having a Lagunitas Citrusinensis Pale Ale. Ale brewed with natural blood orange juice. 7.7%ABV. Very enjoyable.

^I tried one of those. It is quite good. Slightly sour from the citrus, but not overwhelmingly so, as some of the sour ales can be. Wonderful on a hot day.

Speaking of citrus flavored beer, a brewery in Reno called Imbib has a Kumquat Witbier I want to try. If I get the chance to have one, I'll let you know how it is.
    Can this be the swan song? The final elbow?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar

Road trip to Tree House, 90 minute line at brewery.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NogbadTheBad; 1 Week Ago at 06:03 PM.
    Ian

I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

^^^ I have a house 10 minutes away from Tree House. Maybe I should go check on it I'm having a Short's Huma Lupa Licious, a decent Michigan IPA, but nowhere as good as Tree House.

Let me know when your next over here, the Boston chapter can go for a pint.

On that point I'll be in NYC on June 25th for a Vezhlivy Otkaz gig and will probably go to the Haymaker for a pint or 2 pre gig if anyone is around
    Ian

There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    20190607_155339.jpg

Road trip to Tree House, 90 minute line at brewery.
    That's crazy. Business as usual or a special event?
    "If you want to see the true nature of humanity, just look at the internet."

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    That's crazy. Business as usual or a special event?
    They had three new beers released today. Cue was passed 2 hours, probably nearer 3 by the time I left.
    Ian

This was the line when I got there though it shortened up rapidly when the doors opened, it was this long when I left.
    Ian

Is the front of the line going off to the right? I had heard of an expansion at Tree House. The line went left into the main building last year.

Quote Originally Posted by philsunset View Post
    Is the front of the line going off to the right? I had heard of an expansion at Tree House. The line went left into the main building last year.
    The front of the line is in front of the building with the sloped roof on the left side of the photo. The end of the line is off to the right & curls back to where I'm standing.
    Ian

I am at least 1500 miles from a Tree House. Having two Founders Centennial IPAs tonight.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

She-who-must-be-obeyed and I took a 5-day vacation to Bar Harbor, Maine, this week and just arrived home. We visited the Atlantic Brewery outside of town. Took the tour and sampled what they have in stock. The wife can't stand beer, but, shock of shocks, decided to try them anyway, and found she liked their Summer Ale, a 100% wheat beer. She bought a 6-pack!!! I liked what they have, my favorites being Bar Harbor Real Ale, a smooth take on brown ale; Coal Porter, a delicious porter made with chocolate malt; and 04609, a double IPA. Like them so much, I ordered them at various restaurants around town. The owners of the brewery have a companion BBQ joint called Mainely Meat. Man, they do a mean barbecue, too.
    Lou

Awarded the Krusty Brand Seal of Approval. It's not just good, it's good enough.

The front of the line is in front of the building with the sloped roof on the left side of the photo. The end of the line is off to the right & curls back to where I'm standing.
    Ah got it!

Shared this 19$ russian/belgian 13% stout with the wife yesterday. She didn't like it so I got the most.
    Its thick as Worcestershire sauce.

http://beerandjazz.blogspot.com/2012...-delphine.html

https://store.belgianshop.com/specia...FcfJsgodgJoOoA

Let me know when your next over here, the Boston chapter can go for a pint.
    I'm in.
    Lou

Awarded the Krusty Brand Seal of Approval. It's not just good, it's good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    She-who-must-be-obeyed and I took a 5-day vacation to Bar Harbor, Maine, this week and just arrived home. We visited the Atlantic Brewery outside of town. Took the tour and sampled what they have in stock. The wife can't stand beer, but, shock of shocks, decided to try them anyway, and found she liked their Summer Ale, a 100% wheat beer. She bought a 6-pack!!! I liked what they have, my favorites being Bar Harbor Real Ale, a smooth take on brown ale; Coal Porter, a delicious porter made with chocolate malt; and 04609, a double IPA. Like them so much, I ordered them at various restaurants around town. The owners of the brewery have a companion BBQ joint called Mainely Meat. Man, they do a mean barbecue, too.
    No Lobstah?
    “[They] agreed that it was neither possible nor necessary to educate people who never questioned anything.”

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    No Lobstah?
    I've lived in New England all my life with sea food all around. Lobster, and at those prices, really doesn't do much for me. It was funny at some of the restaurants up in Bar Harbor watching people try tackling a lobster dinner who probably have never even seen one before. For some odd reason, there were a lot of cars with Tennessee plates up there.
    Lou

^ They're more familiar with Mountain Oysters.

Hooked up last weekend with friend Rich (from Missouri). We traded beers from our respective states. I'm currently having a Six Mile Bridge Citra Ale from Sherring Brewing. Tasty!

just returned from a 3 week trip to the Rockies

got some excellent brews... more later
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?