Page 78 of 131 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 3255

Thread: The New Prog Beer Snob Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    For those of you who like NEIPA style, Bell's is going to start canning their first one called "Bell's Official" soon. The made the first batch of this at the brewery last year for a limited on tap only release and it is really good. The beer is not super hazy, but has a lot of flavor. I assume it will be distributed in all of their regular places.
    Now I know what that means, NEIPA:
    MARCH 20, 2018
    The Brewers Association, publishers of CraftBeer.com and the trade organization to protect and promote small brewers, has released its 2018 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines. The release includes a trio of beer styles identified in the guidelines and Brewers Association competitions as “Juicy or Hazy Pale Ale,” “Juicy or Hazy IPA” and “Juicy or Hazy Double IPA.” These styles represent what some beer geeks and brewers popularly refer to as New England IPAs or Hazy IPAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I think I got it

Now this CERTAINLY deserves a VERY LARGE image!!!!

Looking at that pic ^^^^^^^^^^ makes me want to have a Valentine's Day Beer. Mine is a Dogfish Head Oak-Aged Vanilla World Wide Stout. Good stuff!!!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by philsunset View Post
    Looking at that pic ^^^^^^^^^^ makes me want to have a Valentine's Day Beer. Mine is a Dogfish Head Oak-Aged Vanilla World Wide Stout. Good stuff!!!
    This does not surprise me, sip it, brother.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Last edited by beano; 02-15-2019 at 07:39 AM.

Enjoying a Grateful Dead themed American Beauty Pale Ale from Dogfish Head. Real nice flavor, the honey stands out, and in the Rock band themed beer sweepstakes, it blows away the Iron Maiden themed Trooper Ale, imo.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Enjoying a Grateful Dead themed American Beauty Pale Ale from Dogfish Head. Real nice flavor, the honey stands out, and in the Rock band themed beer sweepstakes, it blows away the Iron Maiden themed Trooper Ale, imo.
    So you are a Dead Dogfish Head Bad joke sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by beano View Post
    I have had some No Da stuff at ProgDay, and it was really good. Never had that one though.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    This does not surprise me, sip it, brother.
    And sip I did, my friend

Was at NoDa yesterday picking up my new "May the Funk Be with You" baseball style t-shirt, and folks were buying cases of the Hop Cakes. It was going like . . . hot cakes? Sure. Hot cakes.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I have had some No Da stuff at ProgDay, and it was really good. Never had that one though.
    Definitely my favorite brewery. It helps that I live five minutes from them, but they cover a wide range of styles. I had a coffee breakfast stout from them for breakfast and am currently enjoying an African lager that they make. I think it's got ginger or something in it? I don't, but it's delicious.

Maybe one of these days we can get together and have a beer or see a show..I was in NODA Monday to see The Neal Morse Band(GREAT show) and will be back definitely in March, I have a ticket to see Buckethead at the Neighborhood..And of course I was there yesterday to pick up some Hop Cakes.. I live in Huntersville, about 20 minutes to NODA with good traffic..

It's all carbonated bong water to me. Coors is delicious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, a Coors troll. Just when you think you've seen everything.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    And in the heart of San Diego County, in California's premium craft beer country. But, who am I to tell someone what kind of water to drink?

Maybe one of these days we can get together and have a beer or see a show..I was in NODA Monday to see The Neal Morse Band(GREAT show) and will be back definitely in March, I have a ticket to see Buckethead at the Neighborhood..And of course I was there yesterday to pick up some Hop Cakes.. I live in Huntersville, about 20 minutes to NODA with good traffic..
    I’m up for that. I gave a long hard look at that Morse show. Not quite my bag, but I did feel guilty skipping—and thus not supporting—prog rock. Oh well. Next show for me at the Neighborhood is Messthetics at the end of April.

sounds good,,Will get a ticket..ttu soon..

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    I’m up for that. I gave a long hard look at that Morse show. Not quite my bag, but I did feel guilty skipping—and thus not supporting—prog rock. Oh well. Next show for me at the Neighborhood is Messthetics at the end of April.
    Seeing them at Big Ears, looking forward to it.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Last nights selection

Weldwerks Get Your Citra On 8% Imperial NEIPA juicy smooth juicy, from CO. Fluffy, nice.

Grimm Chocolate Cherry Icing On The Top 11% Imperial Stout, surprisingly not too lunatic, really very good.

2SP St Seditious Barleywine 11%, caramel and malt, super sweet, lovely.
    Ian

At a company gathering yesterday afternoon, I had a Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial IPA. Never had one before. At 9%, it's mighty good.
    11656996290590.jpg
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    At a company gathering yesterday afternoon, I had a Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial IPA. Never had one before. At 9%, it's mighty good.
    11656996290590.jpg
    I like the 90 minute a lot better than the 120 minute.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Am I remembering correctly: Didn't Dogfishhead have a 90 min IPA that was different than the 90 min imperial IPA? All I can find is the imperial now, and I don't like it near as much. But then, because all I have seen is the imperial for so long, I think the discrepancy may be between my ears.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

^ No, I think you are correct. I never thought that highly of their IPAs, so haven't paid close attention, but I thought it was just a more hopped version of their 60 minute IPA.

Their 90 minute IPA is by far my favorite, the 120 is too boozy and not in a good way.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Their 90 minute IPA is by far my favorite, the 120 is too boozy and not in a good way.
    Exactly! The 120 minute reminds me a lot of Founders "Devil Dancer" A triple IPA that just does not work very well because of the boozy flavor. I bought a 4 pack of 120 minute about a month ago, just to give it another try and I still have 3 of them in my fridge.