Page 93 of 131 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 3255

Thread: The New Prog Beer Snob Thread

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    That's not beer, that's dessert.

There's dessert wines, too. But nobody wants one with a sandwich or some fish and chips.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Sounds like a jazz record label
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by philsunset View Post
    Just read rumors of a Vanilla Black Note release (maybe around all stouts day).
    Yup, they announced it a while ago, but so far I have heard no information on a release date. All Stouts Day would make sense though. It is November 5 this year.

Anyone familiar with a New York state brewery called Foreign Objects? I'm @ the Small City Tap House again and have had 2 of their New England style IPAs. One excellent, one exceptional.

Banned
    Maybe the best product Budweiser has ever produced. 2 row barley, can you believe it.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/29/365203/

Banned
    A review of Bud Copper[emoji16]

Taste? Tastes like how I would imagine piss would taste like if it had been boiled and left to ferment for a month in a whiskey cask. Oh and it has a unjustifiably harsh alcohol bite for some reason. Piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    A review of Bud Copper[emoji16]

Taste? Tastes like how I would imagine piss would taste like if it had been boiled and left to ferment for a month in a whiskey cask. Oh and it has a unjustifiably harsh alcohol bite for some reason. Piss.
    Just because they claim to use 2-row barley, I'll bet the major ingredient is still rice -- as it is in all Butt-geyser products.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz_d_kidd View Post
    Just because they claim to use 2-row barley, I'll bet the major ingredient is still rice -- as it is in all Butt-geyser products.
    Yeh, but they don’t use corn. Just joking about their commercial. One reviewer said the bourbon barrel flavor tastes of corn. Not all of the reviews were that bad.

Banned
    And 6 row barley taste is the reason why American mainstream brewers use corn or rice. Obviously there is much 2 row grown now for craft brew. Since InBev has bought so many craft breweries, I would not be surprised that this is contract brew from one of them.

Heading to Montreal tomorrow for a weekend of Canadian beers with a few proghead friends. Will be traveling up with a selection of Other Half, Tree House, Trillium & Magnify for their perusal.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nati...-ogPbXnHl2_4PQ

Happy to see Jester King, Burial and Creature Comforts on this list.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Having the new Dragon's Milk Reserve from New Holland. Oatmeal Cookie. This is not my favorite Reserve but they really nailed the Oatmeal Cookie flavor here.

Was at a Montreal Beer Tasting over the weekend, here's a selection of the fine ales we tried. I had tastes of about 80% of these.

Ian

my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Banned
    Very good NE IPA, Carpet Bagger in a Crowler:

Banned
    That’s Woodstock VA, not NY.

I was reading descriptions of beers on tap at regional brewpubs, and came across an unfamiliar one: milkshake IPA. Anyone know what to expect from a beer described thusly? I know what IPAs taste like. But I never had a milkshake IPA. Not sure I want to, without knowing more. All their 30 other beers, I could tell from the description what they might taste like. Never ran across milkshake beer before.

I once asked a brewer about "hazy" style ales. She said if your beer is hazy, it means the brewer fucked up.

It's got lactose in it which smooths out some of the bitterness, I'm not a fan personally.
    Ian

Pretty sure I wouldn't be a fan either, considering my love for the bitterness of real IPAs. Even ignoring my intolerance for dairy products, sweetening a bitter ale is a deal breaker.

Thanks for answering my question.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    It's got lactose in it which smooths out some of the bitterness, I'm not a fan personally.
    Agree, I have tried some and smoothing out the bitterness seems to defeat the whole point of an IPA.

I don't put cream or sugar in my coffee. Why would I want it in my IPA?

I've had that, its bonkers.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    I once asked a brewer about "hazy" style ales. She said if your beer is hazy, it means the brewer fucked up.
    Not necessarily so. Lots of beers are not filtered and looks hazy.
    1. Filtered beer is what most people drink. ... At this stage the beer is clarified but also flat as you also lost natural carbonation. Then the beer is artificially carbonated (like soda pop) Unfiltered beer is cloudy because it is bottled while there is still some active yeast naturally carbonating the beer.
    2. Most production breweries filter their beers through a variety of methods. When they make an unfiltered beer, they just skip those steps. The result is often a grainier beer, something with more actual body, as their are leftover grain hulls, hop flecks, and groupings of yeast floating about.