Page 82 of 131 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 3255

Thread: The New Prog Beer Snob Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    whisky infused belgian beer
    Speaking of... Yesterday I was in a New Hampshire state liquor store. At the cash register with the assorted impulse items were little nips of Jameson Irish whisky "finished in IPA beer barrels." Most beer is "finished" in glass or stainless steel, not wooden barrels, so this is a curiosity. I refrained from buying one.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Banned
    Stone brewery and restaurant in Escondido is awesome:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    ^I want to go to there.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Drinking the newest Dragon's Milk Reserve Raspberry Hibiscus. A decent brew. Nothing wrong here. I like messing around making my own 70 / 30 % mix of a stout (KBS or PT5th) and Rubaeus and get something similar.

Holy shit. I’m so glad I don’t live in Kansas:

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/05/70951...oFxaF0HUCFwMhA
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

^ I remember buying 3.2 beer after High School as an 18 year old in Ohio. The red print on the rim of the can was the giveaway. Yeah, it was glorified water, but we didn't have it long before it was deep sixed.

Only state I've been to with weak beer is Utah. I may be wrong, but it seemed their maximum ABV was 4% for any brew at that time. They make some tasty craft beers and ales, but they are practically buzz-free. Guess it makes their roads safer. I don't think the max applies to exports; I've seen beers from Utah, outside Utah, with higher alcohol contents.

I've heard of 3.2 beer, but can't recall seeing them anywhere I have lived.

Recently visited a nearby brewpub. I had Ballast Point Piper Down Scottish Ale (San Diego), a very good but not exceptional Scottish Ale. And Stone Enjoy By 4.20.19 (Escondido), an excellent Imperial IPA. And Brewing Lair Take A Hike Red IPA (Blairsden, Northern Sierra), a decent but not exceptional red IPA. I may visit Brewing Lair next time I'm in Feather River country. They have some interesting ales listed on their website.
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

^For the record, I’ve had good beers under 4.0 and, indeed, under 3.0. Table beers and kvass beers are well worth seeking out and enjoying. But be limited to some arbitrary number is ridiculous.

UNITA from Utah is a very good brewer. There lime Pilsner is the perfect summer beer.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

when I lived in FL in the 80s they had a 3.2 law... it sucked!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    ^For the record, I’ve had good beers under 4.0 and, indeed, under 3.0. Table beers and kvass beers are well worth seeking out and enjoying. But be limited to some arbitrary number is ridiculous.

UNITA from Utah is a very good brewer. There lime Pilsner is the perfect summer beer.
    My wife is not much of a Micro drinker, but she loves their Lime Pilsner, and I agree it is a tasty summer brew.

Sipping on a 2017 Dragon's Milk Triple-Mashed Stout. This is not 3.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Coconut added to beer? Nope! Then again, I don't like anything added. No coffee, no fruit, etc. Just hops, barley, water, yeast, and the necessary preservatives.
    Coconut stouts and porters are among my favorite beers. Chandeleur makes a great one called Curlew's Coconut Porter, and there was one by Dragon's Milk last fall that was banana and coconut. Delicious.

Death By Coconut by Oskar Blues is also really good.

It's a rainy, crappy day here so I opened a Kuhnhenn 4D Old Ale. Aged for about a year before bottling this ale has a very sweet caramel toffee character. 13.5% abv. One of Michigan's finest beers.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Had a nice Harpoon UFO White 4.5% witbier with coriander & orange with fish & chips on the beach. Very nice.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I had a dream about buying beer

weird
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Now that's a tough act to follow.

On the way into work today, I saw a Sweetwater Brewery beer delivery truck. I see they are from Atlanta, Georgia. Anybody know anything about their beers? I assume as the truck was driving in downtown Boston, I can get their product near me.
    Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post

On the way into work today, I saw a Sweetwater Brewery beer delivery truck. I see they are from Atlanta, Georgia. Anybody know anything about their beers? I assume as the truck was driving in downtown Boston, I can get their product near me.
    Have had a few..Decent for the price..

Their Brown IPA is fantastic!

I had a layover in the Atlanta airport a few years ago and they had a bar that featured a bunch of Sweetwater brews, and I liked everything I tried. I have also had their stuff occasionally in Florida, but don't remember any specific beers.

Thanks to all for the thoughts on Sweetwater. I will definitely look for some, particularly the Brown IPA.
    Lou

At the Virginia City, Nevada, brewpub, I had one of their own beers called Steam Punk Extra Pale Ale. I had asked which of their IPAs I might like best, and they said that one was hoppier and bitterer than the other. Started off quite bitter (which is good), but halfway through seemed to taste like that was normal. That is, it gets even better as you drink it down. Wife had a Marlette Red Ale, named for Marlette Lake east of Lake Tahoe, from which Virginia City gets its water. It's a good beer; I've had it before. I also tried something called Molten Silver, from the brewery I didn't know about, in Tonopah, Nevada. This was described to me as an IPA brewed with ghost peppers. I was warned it was spicy hot. It was. Good, though. I've tried several pepper-infused beers and that was by far the hottest. Peppers are one of the few flavors I don't mind having added to a beer. Another Tonopah brew I didn't try this time around was called 49/51. I asked about the significance of the numbers, and learned that it is 49 miles from Tonopah to Area 51. I'm gonna have to head out to Tonopah this summer and check out their brewery. I don't suspect these craft beers are available outside Nevada, but who knows?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

going to a new brewpub here in Tucson today... supposed to be real good