Page 58 of 131 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 3255

Thread: The New Prog Beer Snob Thread

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Yeah, Anchor Steam and 90 min look odd on that list, I like both but not in that exalted company.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Most of this stuff has no distribution near me. The California beers do, but not a whole lot else, outside of Flying Dog and Dogfish Head for some reason.

I also noticed a distinct stout/porter style bias in that list. I haven't paged through them all, but Anchor Steam might be the only lager on the list.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Have drank from the list...

Stone Exocoveza
    Anchor Steam
    Oskar Blues Ten Fidy
    The Maharaja
    Dogfish 90
    Dogfish Palo Santo
    Allagash White
    Flying Dog Gonzo
    Bells Two Hearted
    Duck Rabbit baltic
    Great lakes Chillwave
    Hopping Frog Boris
    Hair of The Dog Adam
    Heady Topper

This afternoon:

Fat Head's Head Hunter IPA
    Victory - DirtWolf Double IPA
    Dogfish Head - Burton Baton
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Now sipping: Fat Head's Head Hunter IPA

Quote Originally Posted by wiz_d_kidd View Post
    Just ran across this article yesterday, "The Best Beers in America", as indicated by the ratings on Untappd, BeerAdvocate, and RateBeer. I'd have to say I've only had a few of them (Dogfish Head, Flying Dog) as most seem to be products of local artisanal breweries with limited distribution. Anyone have experience with any of these? https://www.thedailymeal.com/drink/1...merica-gallery
    5 of them are brewed within 45 minutes of where I live:

Bell's Two Hearted
    Bell's Black Note
    Founders KBS
    Founders CBS
    Dark Horse Plead The 5th.

All are very good.

Quote Originally Posted by philsunset View Post
    Now sipping: Fat Head's Head Hunter IPA
    Me too. From my tap.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Me too. From my tap.
    Very nice! I just buy some bottles when I'm in Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    My go to session drinking beer is often Founders All Day IPA.
    That used to be my regular session drinker but for some reason this spring i switched over to Founders PC Pils, man i love that stuff. (Oskar Blue's Dale's Pale is a damn fine go-to as well).

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    That used to be my regular session drinker but for some reason this spring i switched over to Founders PC Pils, man i love that stuff. (Oskar Blue's Dale's Pale is a damn fine go-to as well).
    PC pills is another good one, although the alcohol content is actually higher than All Day IPA. Founders just came out with another session beer called Golden Lager that is also good for the style. Bell's started canning Lager Of The Lakes this summer for the first time which is also a good hot day summer session along with Oatsmobile which are both under 5%.

For hot summer beer I stick to Bell's Oberon (hallowed be its name) or Summit's Keller Pils or Lazy Slipper
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Drinking a Full Earth, a new 9.1% DIPA from Old Nation. This is respectable. I've had this, Cart Horse, Boss Tweed, and M-43 from ON. My favorite is M-43.

Drinking a Full Earth, a new 9.1% DIPA from Old Nation. This is respectable. I've had this, Cart Horse, Boss Tweed, and M-43 from ON. My favorite is M-43.
    I saw this in the store yesterday (they had it behind the counter), but did not pick any up. I was curious about it. Of all the Old Nation beers I have had M-43 is still my favorite as well.

Drinking a Sam Adams New England IPA. Just grabbed it at the grocery on the way home. At 7.99 a 4-pk you get what you pay for.

Drinking a Sam Adams New England IPA. Just grabbed it at the grocery on the way home. At 7.99 a 4-pk you get what you pay for.

I stopped at River Roost brewery on the way home from work. They have just started canning their "Glimpse" double IPA and "Mas Verde" IPA so I got one 4-pack of each and filled two 32-oz growlers, one with "Martian Moon House" and the other with "Strong Suit". $53 worth of beer. I hope I'm getting what I paid for!

Vacation begins.
    <sig out of order>

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

It's cloudy, windy, rainy..stout weather..having a KBS

I had a home-brewed brown ale dry-hopped with my home-grown Cascade hops today. Been aging for a couple years (meaning - discovered a few bottles while cleaning up the cellar). Mighty bitter. Good for home use, but would not pass around to friends.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Sitting at Small City Tap House, washing down carmelized catfish with black pepper with a flight of IPAs: Jackie O's Mandala Citra Imperial IPA, JAFB Wooster Summer Forever IPA, Burial Gang Of Blade Imperial IPA, and Burial Surf Wax IPA.

Life is good.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Me and my wife did a veritable pub crawl, stopping by our three favorite breweries in succession: New Bohemia, Discretion, and East Cliff. We've had reason for a minor celebration recently, so we had a few flights and a pint. Perhaps we will get to mid-town or even the west side this summer. While the beer was good, the pub food was either overpriced or not the kind of thing we eat anymore. Still, it was fun way to pass the long summer afternoon.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Trillium now has a proper beer garden with a BBQ stand so we may well be visiting for a spot of lunch over the summer.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

The food at some of the best Cleveland area breweries, as well as the Tap House in Sandusky is outstanding. So good, that they could draw a crowd who have no interest in beer.

(Yeah, the smoked barbecue at 2 of the breweries is spectacular.)

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Trillium now has a proper beer garden with a BBQ stand so we may well be visiting for a spot of lunch over the summer.
    Good to know. I'll be in Mass. 4th of July week and hope to visit Trillium and Treehouse.

Have fun.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by wiz_d_kidd View Post
    Just ran across this article yesterday, "The Best Beers in America", as indicated by the ratings on Untappd, BeerAdvocate, and RateBeer. I'd have to say I've only had a few of them (Dogfish Head, Flying Dog) as most seem to be products of local artisanal breweries with limited distribution. Anyone have experience with any of these? https://www.thedailymeal.com/drink/1...merica-gallery
    Meh. Hoppy, stouty or boozy dominates their list (none of which do much for me). I tend to go for breweries over types, though, and it’s heartening to see Jester King and Westbrook (ok, so they chose the boozy and stouty and delicious Mexican Cake) make the list. Bell’s (as has been noted) is well worth checking out. Creature Comforts in Athens, Ga is excellent. I’ve heard very good things about Arizona Wilderness. The few NC brewers chosen do nothing for me. Passing up Fonta Flora is a crime.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.