Page 53 of 131 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 3255

Thread: The New Prog Beer Snob Thread

My latest discoveries are a couple of beers from River Roost Brewery in White River Junction, VT. I grabbed a couple of 32oz. growlers of their Martian Moon House and Double Dry Hopped Glimpse. They are really fruity, lots of stuff floating around and not bitter like most of the IPAs I tend to like, but super yummy. I'll definitely be back to get more.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/44112/
    <sig out of order>

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Haven't had a beer in 2 weeks following my knee surgery and narcotics for pain. Probably going to be another week before I can have one. I will watch your posts with envy. Got two cases slowly aging in the larder untouched.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Maybe you can make up for lost time later.
    <sig out of order>

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Haven't had a beer in 2 weeks following my knee surgery and narcotics for pain. Probably going to be another week before I can have one. I will watch your posts with envy. Got two cases slowly aging in the larder untouched.
    Hey beer is great with narcotics! Just don't overdo it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    Hey beer is great with narcotics! Just don't overdo it.
    Got a wife who's a nurse, I'd hear bother than the beer is worth.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

how stupid

the Bible does not speak against alcoholic beverages
    God detests drunkards, not alcohol in moderation

I really dislike those holier-than-thou types
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

treehouse2.jpgtreehouse.jpg

Get well soon pressie from colleagues post knee surgery, Tree House 4 IPA's & 4 Stouts. Started with a rather nice Coffee Milk Stout 6.4%.
    Ian

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Well the micro-boom is in full flower here. I just found East Cliff Brewing here in Santa Cruz. They specialize in English styles.

I popped in once and tried their ESB "Roundabout." Mmmmmm... I'll try to get back there this weekend to do a proper sampling.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post
    Well the micro-boom is in full flower here. I just found East Cliff Brewing here in Santa Cruz. They specialize in English styles.

I popped in once and tried their ESB "Roundabout." Mmmmmm... I'll try to get back there this weekend to do a proper sampling.
    Must be drunk warm.
    Ian

Yes, quite nice at room temperature.

I've noticed an interesting trend. I'm increasingly seeing 12 - 15 packs of beer being sold at heavily discounted prices. I'm not talking shitty American premium beers, I'm talking Dogfish Head, Victory, and a variety of other small producers. I've been buying the 15 packs of 21st Amendment Brewery's IPA sample packs. They sell for about $16, which is just over a buck a beer... the equivalent of $6 for a six pack of microbrew beer! Lots of deals like this.

At prices like these, I'm more tempted to experiment, which I did with the 21st Amendment, and found I really like their IPAs.. not too extreme on the hops. Anyone else buy beer this way or noticed this trend?

Bill

Tap Takeover by JAFB Wooster and Willoughby Brewing at Small City Tap House today. More terrific beers than I can drink in one sitting without getting hammered. Especially since many on offer are big beers. JAFB has the IPAs covered, and Willoughby the Stouts and Porters. An excellent beer drinking evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    I've noticed an interesting trend. I'm increasingly seeing 12 - 15 packs of beer being sold at heavily discounted prices. I'm not talking shitty American premium beers, I'm talking Dogfish Head, Victory, and a variety of other small producers. I've been buying the 15 packs of 21st Amendment Brewery's IPA sample packs. They sell for about $16, which is just over a buck a beer... the equivalent of $6 for a six pack of microbrew beer! Lots of deals like this.

At prices like these, I'm more tempted to experiment, which I did with the 21st Amendment, and found I really like their IPAs.. not too extreme on the hops. Anyone else buy beer this way or noticed this trend?

Bill
    Founders was one of the first micro breweries to do this with their 15 packs of All Day IPA. It proved to be extremely popular (their biggest selling beer these days), so they started selling some of their other beers in 15 packs as well. Now a lot of other breweries are jumping on the bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Founders was one of the first micro breweries to do this with their 15 packs of All Day IPA. It proved to be extremely popular (their biggest selling beer these days), so they started selling some of their other beers in 15 packs as well. Now a lot of other breweries are jumping on the bandwagon.
    I definitely see Founders 15 packs. Haven't tried one yet, but I'll put it on the list.

Bill

I bought a 15 pack of Mosaic Promise a few weeks ago because the price was right. It's ok as a beer to put in the rotation now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Founders was one of the first micro breweries to do this with their 15 packs of All Day IPA.
    yeah, I first saw that on our Alaska road trip last June. Now I am a regular buyer of their ADIPA 15 packs
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Not really in the snob category, but one of these really hit the spot with a nice steak last night.

I went for a further sampling of East Cliff Brewing yesterday. Everything I tried was good, but the real standout for me was the still the Roundabout ESB. My wife most enjoyed their Irish Red. There were a few things I didn't try, for instance I passed on the strong ale, but I'm sure I'll get back to it before long.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    I asked the barmaid for a "Cranky Wench" the other day and she seemed to find it funny.
    I had a similar experience but at a Beer Distributor, I asked for, and they repeated it over the loudspeaker for the guys in the back. "Hey, We need a Sweaty Betty up here"

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I bought a 15 pack of Mosaic Promise a few weeks ago because the price was right. It's ok as a beer to put in the rotation now and then.
    Agree, a decent brew, but nothing spectacular. They started brewing that for the Art Prize Festival in their hometown of Grand Rapids a few years ago. The beer was so popular that they decided to make it part of their regular rotation. I bought a 15 pack of it for ProgDay last year and it was a good sitting in the sun session drinking brew.

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    yeah, I first saw that on our Alaska road trip last June. Now I am a regular buyer of their ADIPA 15 packs
    It is my go to summer brew.

If I drink an IPA from Founders I stick to the Centennial. All Day or Mosaic are a little too mild for me.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    I had a similar experience but at a Beer Distributor, I asked for, and they repeated it over the loudspeaker for the guys in the back. "Hey, We need a Sweaty Betty up here"
    <sig out of order>

Sitting on the deck this beautiful evening having a Dragon's Milk Reserve Cherry Chocolate. That is all.