Page 49 of 131 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 3255

Thread: The New Prog Beer Snob Thread

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I've had Dragonmilk at the brewery, and it was an Imperial Stout, and was not bourbon barrel aged. That was at least 5 years ago.
    New Holland has made more than a dozen different versions of Dragonsmilk including the Bourbon Barrel version. The original Dragonsmilk, and the one that they make year round is an American Double Imperial Stout. It can be found pretty much everywhere in my neck of the woods. The Bourbon Barrel version is a limited release.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    New Holland has made more than a dozen different versions of Dragonsmilk including the Bourbon Barrel version. The original Dragonsmilk, and the one that they make year round is an American Double Imperial Stout. It can be found pretty much everywhere in my neck of the woods. The Bourbon Barrel version is a limited release.
    Interesting. I'll let my buddy know this, he really liked the bourbon barrel version we had. If it's a limited release, then I'll encourage him to pick up more. So I can drink it.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I didn't know that it was quite that varied, but I have seen at least 2 different versions.

what I've seen is that many craft brewers will take their finest Stout and make a special edition which they age in bourbon barrels. These are not replacements of the regular Stout but limited edition versions of it. The regular brew is still made after the bourbon barrel edition is gone.
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    Interesting. I'll let my buddy know this, he really liked the bourbon barrel version we had. If it's a limited release, then I'll encourage him to pick up more. So I can drink it.

I would recommend the original version too. It is a very very good beer even without the bourbon barrel aging.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I didn't know that it was quite that varied, but I have seen at least 2 different versions.
    Some of the variations they have done have only been available at the breweries on tap. I am not sure how many they have actually bottled.

Has anyone been to McSorley's lately, and is the current beer (light and/or dark ale) any good these days?
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Having my first Hopslam of the year. Canned two days ago it hit the local store today.

Great turn of events here. Seventh Son Brewing is now being distributed in northern Ohio. I'm enjoying a Seventh Son Proliferous Double IPA right now. 8.2% ABV and 85 IBUs. It'll be a delicious and welcome addition to the regular rotation.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    I recently tried a Stoutacus Imperial Stout at the Shoe Tree Brewing Company in Northern Nevada. Very good. 11% ABV. Brewery is named for the tree festooned with shoes hanging by their laces that once was the high point of any visit to Middlegate, Nevada on US Hwy 50.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Buddy made a couple of trips to Tree House.

Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    Has anyone been to McSorley's lately, and is the current beer (light and/or dark ale) any good these days?
    Was there last Saturday..just stopped in for one(well 2 of course) Hadn't been there for around 10 years..had a light & dark..same old shit..Mainly went because my son wanted to go..20180143.jpg20180146.jpg
    Last edited by beano; 01-14-2018 at 08:36 AM.

The Hop Madness continues for 2018..

20180203.jpg20180206.jpg20180202.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post

NICE! Hope to see a few of them in September!!!

Nice!

I was given an Arctic Saison for my birthday. It was probably wasted on me. It's just not my sort of thing.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/23205/96755/

A few days ago I had a Hill Farmstead "Three Magic Letters" on tap at a local burger-n-beer place that has 18 taps, 13 of which are VT beers. My wife and I both loved it.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/22511/276513/
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by beano View Post
    NICE! Hope to see a few of them in September!!!
    This batch certainly won't last that long but I'll try and organize some for ProgDay and ship them to someone who drives there.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post

A few days ago I had a Hill Farmstead "Three Magic Letters" on tap at a local burger-n-beer place that has 18 taps, 13 of which are VT beers. My wife and I both loved it.
    Hill Farmstead are one of those breweries I really need to explore, I've only ever had Dorothy and that was a couple of years ago.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Hill Farmstead are one of those breweries I really need to explore, I've only ever had Dorothy and that was a couple of years ago.
    I haven't had that one. I have never made a big effort to get around to the various breweries in VT (although I realize this probably isn't precisely what you meant), but I think we're going to start making the effort to check some out soon. It's a good excuse to go for a drive on the weekend.
    <sig out of order>

We will definitely be driving over.... anyone one who needs something brought to PD (fine ales , spirits etc, hell I guess anything that fits in a Subaru Forester!) let me know.......
    NoDa brewing is releasing their Hop Cakes in February, hoping to put a few aside for ProgDay.... **Tried to reply with quote, kept popping up, Reply is 2 characters short..???***

I will be heading to Stowe in March and plan to bring back lots of Alchemist, Sip of Sunshine and other local brews from Vermont.

I enjoyed one of these yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    I will be heading to Stowe in March and plan to bring back lots of Alchemist, Sip of Sunshine and other local brews from Vermont.
    Cool. Depending on your tastes, I would also recommend checking out the beer from Foley Brothers and Frost Beer Works. I'm sure there are plenty of others worth checking out as well.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by beano View Post
    Was there last Saturday..just stopped in for one(well 2 of course) Hadn't been there for around 10 years..had a light & dark..same old shit..Mainly went because my son wanted to go..20180143.jpg20180146.jpg

Yeah, I recall the beer being okay, but nothing to write home about. I just read it is brewed by Pabst!
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Yoga & Brews

https://www.facebook.com/events/1935377860113534/

Titties & Beers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    We have at least 3 different breweries here in Kalamazoo that offer beer Yoga of one sort or another. Boatyard Brewing started it a few years ago, and do it on a regular basis. One Well Brewing does the occasional special Yoga event. Arcadia Ales does Yoga in the summertime in their beer garden.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Found Bell’s Hopslam Ale in a local store for the first time today, so I’m going to have one a little later tonight.

Went to Extreme Beer Festival in Boston last night, all 2oz shots.

Evil Genius - Changing Of The Guards - Imperial Stout 9.2%
    Magnify - Lurching Towards the Sun - American Double / Imperial IPA 8.50%
    Finback - IPA - 7.2%
    Finback - Salty Caramel BQE - American Double / Imperial Stout 10.00%
    Dogfish Head - Puddin' Wine - English Barleywine 10.00%
    Right Brain - Mangalitsa Pig Porter - American Porter - 7%
    Kane - Bourbon Barrel Aged Evening Bell - American Porter 11.80%
    Two Roads - Roadsmary's Stepchild - Lambic - Fruit 9.30%
    Two Roads - Two Juicy - American Double / Imperial IPA 8.20%
    Urban Artifact - Operation Plow Share - Fruit / Vegetable Beer 7.70%
    Sam Adam - 2009 Vintage Utopias - American Strong Ale 29.00%
    Long Trail - Onion Explosion - American IPA 7.30%
    3 Star - Shadows on the Sun - Belgian Strong Pale Ale 8.60%
    Night Shift - King Lear - American Double / Imperial IPA 8.30%
    Beau's - Over Throne - Saison / Farmhouse Ale 6.00%
    Vivant - Wizard Burial Ground - Quadrupel (Quad) 11.80%
    7venth Sun - Soaring Hipsters - American Barleywine 9.00%
    Epic - Big Bad Baptista - American Double / Imperial Stout 11.00%
    Four Quarters - Picklejuice - American Wild Ale 5.20%
    Ian