Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 3255

Thread: The New Prog Beer Snob Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    That's a rather disturbing label.
    Why because its’s only 4%😉

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Why because its’s only 4%��
    Okay, it's even more disturbing than I first realized.
    <sig out of order>

Banned
    Okay, it's even more disturbing than I first realized.
    [emoji38]

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    london beer.JPG

Was in London this weekend for a North Sea Radio Orchestra concert and sampled these with my sister on the Saturday afternoon

Neon Raptor Endangered bourbon barrel porter 6.6%, Dark Revolution Deviant American Pale Ale 6.2%, Hammerton Life On Mars red ale 5.2%, Camden Squash spiced porter 5% , Railway Porter.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Banned
    Nice.

I entered a contest on Facebook for a trip to the Bells Brewery late this summer. About a month ago I got an email stating that I did not win the grand prize but I did win the first prize swag bag. On Black Friday the box showed up on my door. I got a Two-Hearted Ale hooded sweatshirt, a Bells brewing t-shirt, a Bells trucker hat, a sturdy metal bottle opener, a couple bumper stickers, two beer can cozies, and an Oberon Ale outdoor thermometer. I celebrated of course with a couple cans of Two-Hearted.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I entered a contest on Facebook for a trip to the Bells Brewery late this summer. About a month ago I got an email stating that I did not win the grand prize but I did win the first prize swag bag. On Black Friday the box showed up on my door. I got a Two-Hearted Ale hooded sweatshirt, a Bells brewing t-shirt, a Bells trucker hat, a sturdy metal bottle opener, a couple bumper stickers, two beer can cozies, and an Oberon Ale outdoor thermometer. I celebrated of course with a couple cans of Two-Hearted.
    Very cool! You would fit right in wearing all that stuff here in Kalamazoo! I own a lot of similar swag that I have either bought form the brewery or obtained at various local beer events over the years. I have seen the Facebook contest, and living here it seems weird to me that a grand prize would be a trip to Kalamazoo, but we do have a lot of good beer here.

So here it is, my favorite beer. I had it in Belgium two years ago when we were visiting. The hotel we were staying in had it on draft, and it was stunning. Figured I'd never find it in bottles over here, but I did. $20 for four. Pricey, but worth it. Deep rich flavor, with a hint of sweetness. I've never had anything that achieves quite this balance of factors.

Bill

20171130_205723.jpg

Found the photo of us drinking this in the hotel in Bruges. Good times!

651.jpg

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar

Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout 14.7%, super dark, heavy, chewy, malts, chocolate and bourbon. Bonkers
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout 14.7%, super dark, heavy, chewy, malts, chocolate and bourbon. Bonkers
    That looks and sounds scrump-diddly-umptious! Who'da thunk an Anheuser-Busch–owned brewery would put out something so appealing to the Prog-Beer-Snobbery?
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Just picked up a couple of Canadian Breakfast Stouts! Damn...that stuff is expensive.
    <sig out of order>

Just picked up a couple of Canadian Breakfast Stouts! Damn...that stuff is expensive.
    Got two bombers of it this morning as well. Yea....not cheap.......

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Got two bombers of it this morning as well. Yea....not cheap.......
    Bought some this morning also. Lines everywhere for it.

No one seemed to be aware of CBS yet at the place I went. (Luckily a coworker who is really into stouts told me about it.) They still had the bottles in the back room of the store and I had to ask for them. They mentioned someone else had grabbed 5 of them. I'm sure they'll sell them all pretty quickly, but there was nowhere near the activity they used to have on the days Sip Of Sunshine came in. Not everyone wants to pay this much for a beer I would guess.

These days it's ridiculously easy to get SOS. I think they upped their production or maybe beer fans got restless and moved on to the many other great beers that are around these days.
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by philsunset View Post
    Bought some this morning also. Lines everywhere for it.
    I kind of just got lucky. I work 2nd shift, so am not usually out and about very early, but I had to be in for a meeting at 7:30AM this morning, and got out just about when the beer store opened at 9:00AM. I stopped by and they had a stack of CBS right out by the counter. Did no have to stand in line, but pretty much everyone in the store was buying a bottle or two (they had a 2 bomber limit).

No one seemed to be aware of CBS yet at the place I went. (Luckily a coworker who is really into stouts told me about it.) They still had the bottles in the back room of the store and I had to ask for them. They mentioned someone else had grabbed 5 of them. I'm sure they'll sell them all pretty quickly, but there was nowhere near the activity they used to have on the days Sip Of Sunshine came in. Not everyone wants to pay this much for a beer I would guess.

These days it's ridiculously easy to get SOS. I think they upped their production or maybe beer fans got restless and moved on to the many other great beers that are around these days.
    It is pretty much the same way with Founder's KBS. It used to be gone in a flash, but this year they made so much of it that it was easy to get for a long time. I have even seen Bell's Black Note around in stores and that used to never happen.

I have even seen Bell's Black Note around in stores and that used to never happen.
    I saw it in stores last week for the very first time. Two stores in GR had some and I bought both 4-pks.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    So here it is, my favorite beer. I had it in Belgium two years ago when we were visiting. The hotel we were staying in had it on draft, and it was stunning. Figured I'd never find it in bottles over here, but I did. $20 for four. Pricey, but worth it. Deep rich flavor, with a hint of sweetness. I've never had anything that achieves quite this balance of factors.

Bill

20171130_205723.jpg
    Well now I'll have to look for that. Many years ago I spent a few weeks in Belgium and little of it was sober. I've been a fan ever since - and Bruges is one of the most beautiful places in the world in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    Well now I'll have to look for that. Many years ago I spent a few weeks in Belgium and little of it was sober. I've been a fan ever since - and Bruges is one of the most beautiful places in the world in my book.
    Couldn't agree more about Bruges, one of the nicest places we've visited. We'd heard great things about it, and it lived up to or exceeded all our expectations.

The Kasteel is brewed to the south of Bruges and to the west of Ghent, which we also visited and was very nice.

Bill

I have even seen Bell's Black Note around in stores and that used to never happen.
    Thanks for mentioning this one, Steve. I wasn't aware of it until you did, and managed to snag the last bottle at the store I stopped in today. They had it in the office. I brought it up when the lady asked if there was anything in particular I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Thanks for mentioning this one, Steve. I wasn't aware of it until you did, and managed to snag the last bottle at the store I stopped in today. They had it in the office. I brought it up when the lady asked if there was anything in particular I was looking for.
    Cool, it is a good batch this year.

I'm not familiar with that. I was in a store today, middle of the afternoon on a Saturday, and there was plenty of Heady Topper and Sip Of Sunshine just sitting there. There were signs indicating a limit of three 4-packs of Heady and 2 cases of SoS. Seemed unnecessary and/or presumptuous somehow.
    Last edited by Plasmatopia; 12-02-2017 at 06:32 PM.
    <sig out of order>

I'm not familiar with that. I was in a store today, middle of the afternoon on a Saturday, and there was plenty of Heady Topper and Sip Of Sunshine just sitting there. There were signs indicating a limit of three 4-packs of Heady and 2 cases of SoS. Seemed unnecessary and/or presumptuous somehow.
    Heady Topper is not available in Michigan at all. In fact it is considered a Holy Grail beer here. I have still never had it.

Heady Topper is not available in Michigan at all. In fact it is considered a Holy Grail beer here. I have still never had it.
    I definitely recommend trying it if you get the chance.
    <sig out of order>