Page 41 of 131 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 3255

Thread: The New Prog Beer Snob Thread

Since the Alchemist built the new Brewery in Stowe VT, they have been brewing many new beers as well as some old original standby beers.
    I picked up a few 4-Packs of Heady yesterday as well as some Pappy's Porter which was one of the original 4 beers they brewed at the pub that was destroyed in the flood several years back.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    I found two pumpkin that I enjoy.

Dogfish Head - Punkin' Ale (saw this at Costco earlier in the month and bought a case)
    Rogue - Pumpkin Ale (a big orange bottle - plan to score a case of this too)

I've tried a lot I didn't enjoy, but these have me scrambling to get hold of.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Drinking some Weihenstephaner Kristall Weizenbock. I usually don't drink something like this but it's good right now. Nice evening during the week, chicken on the BBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post
    I found two pumpkin that I enjoy.

Dogfish Head - Punkin' Ale (saw this at Costco earlier in the month and bought a case)
    Rogue - Pumpkin Ale (a big orange bottle - plan to score a case of this too)

I've tried a lot I didn't enjoy, but these have me scrambling to get hold of.
    Heck yeah! The Dogfish is a good one.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by philsunset View Post
    Drinking some Weihenstephaner Kristall Weizenbock. I usually don't drink something like this but it's good right now. Nice evening during the week, chicken on the BBQ.
    Got some in the fridge right now.

Wife and I just put in a spa. Had our first swim tonight and am now enjoying an Erdinger Oktoberfest. All the German labels switched (finally) to brown bottles this year. So double score!
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

A few months ago, a bunch of us Michigan beer snobs bought a keg of 2016 Perrin No Rules. It was divided up this last weekend. Now sitting on the deck and having a sniffer. Wonderful for dessert!

Just some comments on German Beer:

Kristall Weizen is just brewed for Children, Women and Americans (no Joke). No self respecting German male would drink this junk.

Erdinger might be craft beer (just because it's hard to find) in the US, here it is industrial junk. Almost every other Weizen is better (by far).

A few months ago, a bunch of us Michigan beer snobs bought a keg of 2016 Perrin No Rules. It was divided up this last weekend. Now sitting on the deck and having a sniffer. Wonderful for dessert!
    A keg? Isn't that stuff around 15% or something? I had it once and it was very good, but it would take a long time to drink a keg of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    A keg? Isn't that stuff around 15% or something? I had it once and it was very good, but it would take a long time to drink a keg of it.
    Yes, 15%. There were a bunch of us who bought in. 20-30? Each share was just under 2 growlers.

Yes, 15%. There were a bunch of us who bought in. 20-30? Each share was just under 2 growlers.
    Guess there's no chance of any making it down to Progday 2018..!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beano View Post
    Guess there's no chance of any making it down to Progday 2018..!!!!
    Not from the keg. That's gone. I do have a 22-oz bottle from the 2017 batch in the cellar.. There should be another bottle release before ProgDay 2018 so yes, some could make it down there.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Guess I better start storing
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Guess I better start storing
    Yessir! Trillium, Treehouse, Heady..send it here!

Not from the keg. That's gone. I do have a 22-oz bottle from the 2017 batch in the cellar.. There should be another bottle release before ProgDay 2018 so yes, some could make it down there.

In less than 2 hours my company's autumn outing begins at Night Shift brewery in Everett, Mass. Been there many times, but not for free. Be careful, Lopez.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Save me a seat Lou

Save me a seat Lou
    You got it, Bob. Don't think they have any 15 or 17% selections, though, but I'll look.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

I had the unfortunate experience of actually drinking a Busch Beer a few weeks ago. I spent the Labor Day weekend at a friends place in Rushford New York, Amish Dairy and Corn farms everywhere. We were invited to watch fireworks from the yard of someone my friend knew. As we watched, one of the guys there tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I would like a beer. Silly beer snob I am, I said "What do you have" as if there would be a verity of micros to choose from. After 5 seconds of perplexed wonder, the guy looked at me and said Busch, as if it was the only beer in the world and I should have known that. Another guy made a comment about me being awful picky which I did reply to saying I was a Beer Snob.

So to be polite, I drank the can of tasteless water.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    In less than 2 hours my company's autumn outing begins at Night Shift brewery in Everett, Mass. Been there many times, but not for free. Be careful, Lopez.
    Still haven't been there, my daughter keeps promising to take me but nothing yet.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    I had the unfortunate experience of actually drinking a Busch Beer a few weeks ago. I spent the Labor Day weekend at a friends place in Rushford New York, Amish Dairy and Corn farms everywhere. We were invited to watch fireworks from the yard of someone my friend knew. As we watched, one of the guys there tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I would like a beer. Silly beer snob I am, I said "What do you have" as if there would be a verity of micros to choose from. After 5 seconds of perplexed wonder, the guy looked at me and said Busch, as if it was the only beer in the world and I should have known that. Another guy made a comment about me being awful picky which I did reply to saying I was a Beer Snob.

So to be polite, I drank the can of tasteless water.
    I never count on any kind of decent selection at gatherings of friends... always bring my own

I've turned down offers of Bud many times... though I will occasionally slum for a PBR or even worse, a Coors. I will never slum for a Bud product
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    So a local micro came up strong today. I had the day off and went to the Wednesday farmer's market. Lo and behold a local micro - New Bohemia - was handing out samples. There I tried a sample of their "Beach Bonfire," a smoky black lager. Yum. I bought a 1-quart can, and look forward to cracking this thing tomorrow or Friday.

I'm still waiting for my case of Rogue Farms Pumpkin Patch Ale to roll in. In the meantime, I'll have to console myself with some local competition.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    I never count on any kind of decent selection at gatherings of friends... always bring my own

I've turned down offers of Bud many times... though I will occasionally slum for a PBR or even worse, a Coors. I will never slum for a Bud product
    I had a neighbor with a beermiester but always kept a keg of Coors Light in it. He always told me that the screen door was open and I could go in and fill a pitcher. No thanks.

I also gave the same guy a bottle of Chimay for keeping an eye on my house during vacation. When I finally asked if he liked it, he said it was too strong and he mixed it with a bottle of Yuengling. That was the last beer I ever gave him.

Hello Friends!.
    Tomás Casanova from Costa Rica.

Thanks to the Progday´s thread, I discovered this one: a little bit late but I'm catching up with your posts and most importantly, I'm learning and I´m searching/waiting to try several of your recommendations!.

In early 2012, for example, there were only 4 known craft beer breweries in Costa Rica, by 2017, there are now over 35; it’s very nice to see such growth in so little time.

"Pale Lager beer" is the most popular type of beer here but the "craft beer segment" and the microbreweries´concept are changing the Ticos´palate and gaining popularity.

Ok, next, my first take:

Segua.jpg

Segua Red Ale (Irish Red, 5%)
    http://beer.cr/nuestras-cervezas/segua/#prettyPhoto
    https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/costa-...le/136438/1/1/

Seguimos,
    Cambio y fuera!.

ps: Ticos = we costa ricans. :-)
    Last edited by TCC; 10-07-2017 at 03:10 AM.
    Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

Enjoy, Tomas!

I'm a big fan of the beers made by Frost Beer Works in Hinesburg, VT. Here's my latest favorite - "Au-Dank-Cious":

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/39297/297082/

I have yet to buy one of their beers I *didn't* like.
    <sig out of order>