Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: F--- The Hall

F--- The Hall

N.W.A. gets in before Yes along with Chicago, Cheap Trick, Deep Puple and Steve Miller. I have nothing else to say.
    http://abc7ny.com/entertainment/nwa-...-hall/1126078/
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

i had a feeling that Yes would be snubbed even though they got more votes then the other inductees.
    but adding insult to injury- they keep letting artist that are not in the Rock & Roll genre in.

HOF is a bunch of garbage anyway. I don't need them to affirm what musicians are stellar or not. That's what my ears are for.

Apart from NWA, all of the inductees are worthy, especially Purple who should have been there back when Zep and Sabbath were inducted.

GODDAMNITSOMUCH R&RHOF...

If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

NWA? Whatever. Just amazing!

N.W.A. has been elected to the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame.

In other news, Wilt Chamberlain has been elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Being a fan of progressive music is like being a member of an exclusive club in some ways.
    My wife tells me, down deep I really don't want the general population to accept or like the kind of music I listen to ...
    It would ruin my elitist standing.
    Maybe she's right.
    Therefore, affronts and comparisons to pond scum should be worn like a badge of honor by bands like KC and YES.
    Although, the reality that YES actually performed on Mike Huckabee's TV show a few years back might have factored into the RRHOF's decision.

So what else is new?
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

I'm ashamed to be an Ohioan. YES will never get in. If they couldn't kick the door down this year after the tragic passing of the Mighty Chris Squire, then they obviously never will. I've been to the Hall once and was actually looking forward to going again but I don't think I can step foot in that place after this travesty.

Oh well. Yes is, and always will be, my band and I really don't want to share them with the unwashed masses anyway.
    The Prog Corner

Quote Originally Posted by miamiscot View Post
    I'm ashamed to be an Ohioan. YES will never get in. If they couldn't kick the door down this year after the tragic passing of the Mighty Chris Squire, then they obviously never will.
    I'm sure Purple fans thought that after Jon Lord's passing.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Genesis and Rush,but no Yes? Completely illogical.

Suspended
    Of course NWA should in the Hall of Fame - but so should Yes.

But... the R&RHOF is irrelevant, right? That's what people keep saying, yet they seem to care an awful lot about who is in and who is out.

F--- The Hall

...with boughs of holly?

Can we get past that fact that the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is electing bands that don't fall under the rock and roll category. From the very beginning, the RnRHOF has inducted bands that are not rock and roll bands. Get over it. Would there be anyone crying about NWA getting in if Yes DID get in?

I'm actually shocked Janet Jackson didn't make it. Glad to see Purple and Chicago go in.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

Quote Originally Posted by paythesnuka View Post
    Can we get past that fact that the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is electing bands that don't fall under the rock and roll category.
    No. Can't do it.

Would there be anyone crying about NWA getting in if Yes DID get in?
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by fingertrick View Post
    Being a fan of progressive music is like being a member of an exclusive club in some ways.
    My wife tells me, down deep I really don't want the general population to accept or like the kind of music I listen to ...
    It would ruin my elitist standing.
    Maybe she's right.
    Therefore, affronts and comparisons to pond scum should be worn like a badge of honor by bands like KC and YES.
    Although, the reality that YES actually performed on Mike Huckabee's TV show a few years back might have factored into the RRHOF's decision.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    F--- The Hall

...with boughs of holly?
    LOL. I thought of that very same thing!

"F--- The Hall"

...but, if Yes were to have been gifted with an induction, somehow "F--- The Hall" would not be said and this thread not exist?

NWA got in because of that BIOPIC that came out over the Summer.

they did awful in the Fans Poll, which shows how little that 1 vote is actually worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    F--- The Hall

...with boughs of holly?
    aaaghhh ,you beat me to it, that was my immediate reaction.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    As the Prog Turns. I didn't care last year or ten years ago or last month... still don't. I mean, what Yes band members are getting in? All of them, some of them? Yes membership been a convoluted mess for decades. Not surprised they didn't get in and not sorry I don't have to explain their soap opera dealings to my friends. A lot of gnashing of teeth for something that's alleged to be irrelevant.

Really though? Who cares? Hasn't it been established enough times on this forum and in numerous musical periodicals that the HOF is a joke and not taken seriously by serious musicians.

If I was of a cynical nature, I might suggest that the record company chucking the biggest bung at the HOF board members/voting committee or whatever it's called might get one of their artists inducted into the HOF.

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post

they did awful in the Fans Poll, which shows how little that 1 vote is actually worth.

That's been my point all along. All the poll did was generate traffic to RollingStone.com. Some fans became obsessed with the fan poll and acted as if gaining percentage points was a huge victory in climbing that Hall of Fame wall. The Hall will vote in who they want and when they want; there is no mathematical way around it.

Can we get past that fact that the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is electing bands that don't fall under the rock and roll category. From the very beginning, the RnRHOF has inducted bands that are not rock and roll bands. Get over it. Would there be anyone crying about NWA getting in if Yes DID get in?

I'm actually shocked Janet Jackson didn't make it. Glad to see Purple and Chicago go in.
    I think it's funny that everyone keeps throwing shit fits about rap groups getting inducted but nobody seems to care that James Taylor is in there. Coincidence? I don't think so.