Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Star Wars - The Force Awakens

FWIW...in terms of physical health, Mayhew has looked pretty rough for a while now, and quite honestly I was saddened but not at all shocked to learn of his passing.

That said, he was someone who clearly was connected with and relished his his extended SW family. I can't see him NOT knowing how much he was appreciated and loved by so many fans and peers, and he passed with his family there at his side. And for that, I guess I'm kind of glad if that makes sense. Rest in peace.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Battema, he knew of the love he received. He definitely knew. I followed him on Twitter, and he would post when he attended fan gatherings/conventions. He praised all fans and embraced their love for Star Wars and Chewie. When he announced that he was retiring, I realized he was coming to terms with what was coming.

As for surviving cast members from the OT... Darth Vaders are still alive: David Prowse (83) and James Earl Jones (88)

I wrote to David Prowse a couple of years ago and received a signed photograph shortly before he retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    As for surviving cast members from the OT... Darth Vaders are still alive: David Prowse (83) and James Earl Jones (88)
    Also Billy Dee Williams and Frank Oz. And lesser knowns like Garrick Hagon (Biggs) and Warwick Davis (Wicket).
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Also Billy Dee Williams and Frank Oz. And lesser knowns like Garrick Hagon (Biggs) and Warwick Davis (Wicket).
    Fan-fave Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett), if we are extending the cast list.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    R.I.P. Peter Mayhew
    Farewell to a gentle giant, a prince among men by all accounts.

Regarding SW editions - many years ago I downloaded from a dark place on the Internet digital copies of the laser disc editions of the original trilogy. The first thing I did was check if Han shot first and yep, Greedo didn't even get a shot off.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Farewell to a gentle giant, a prince among men by all accounts.

Regarding SW editions - many years ago I downloaded from a dark place on the Internet digital copies of the laser disc editions of the original trilogy. The first thing I did was check if Han shot first and yep, Greedo didn't even get a shot off.
    Han always shot first. He blew Greedo's ass away. Granted, I didn't see it till '79 (during a rerelease), but I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Han always shot first. He blew Greedo's ass away. Granted, I didn't see it till '79 (during a rerelease), but I saw it.
    #justiceforgreedo
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Let's not forget that James Earl Jones is still with us, as well.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    #justiceforgreedo
    Hey what other 2 minutes figure in a movie has so many action figures or other merch….

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Hey what other 2 minutes figure in a movie has so many action figures or other merch….
    I keep telling my girlfriend that one can become a hero in two minutes, but she's still not buying it.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Han always shot first.
    And Lucas changed the title from "Revenge of the Jedi" to "Return of the Jedi." Always trying to be PC.

Despite the hints of unintentional incest.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    And Lucas changed the title from "Revenge of the Jedi" to "Return of the Jedi." Always trying to be PC.

...or that the Jedi do not seek revenge.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Let's not forget that James Earl Jones is still with us, as well.
    And David Prowse.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post

Despite the hints of unintentional incest.
    Nute Gunray, Jar Jar, Short Round and the entire cast of Temple of Doom, and I'm sure a lot of American Graffiti, would argue against that.