Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On the 2nd January....

Hi JKL, thanks for your concern. Don't worry though, I've been under psychologists and on various meds since 1990, I'm well looked after. And I'm an outpatient at the local psychiatric clinic and the neuro-psychological ward.

the weather and time of year don't bother me. I don't have weather-dependent moods. I AM glad to be back to work after not really working since mid Jan. when my department at work was eliminated. I'm working Amazon too, but switching things around and scaling it down so I can start Phlebotomy classes in Feb or March. I haven't been excited about Christmas for a long time, but my wife is home for the last 2 weeks of December, so that's a positive. I just keep chooglin'.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Funny guy
    Happens I suffer from chronic depression; I'm well-medicated for it but believe me, I understand what it's like. I was just trying to lighten the mood a little bit.

To go with the main theme of the thread, what I listen to when I'm down is hyperbouncy stuff: PFM's "Celebration," the Walt Disney Main Street Electrical Parade theme, "Mongonucleosis" by Chicago, Pete Townshend's "Face The Face." I have a CD I made of this stuff and I defy anyone to listen to it and not cheer up at least a little.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Happens I suffer from chronic depression; I'm well-medicated for it but believe me, I understand what it's like. I was just trying to lighten the mood a little bit.
    Yea, yea, I realise you were joking, I wasn't having a dig I thought it was a funny comment actually.
    I've been on Sertralin for years. I now also take a mild amphetamine for ADD and Aspergers.

Quote Originally Posted by at least 100 dead View Post
    And one thing’s for certain: Friends & family telling you that other people are worse off than you only exacerbates matters; as if knowing that life is a hell for everyone else is any consolation.
    This is actually one of the things I tell myself when I'm wallowing in self-pity. It usually works, but sometimes it does make things worse, only because I wind up beating myself up. But, whatever. Hope you folks don't wallow for too long - if I've learned anything, it's that life can change, whether you want it to or not.

Quote Originally Posted by at least 100 dead View Post
    Either way: Stay alive, don’t be easy prey! If possible, turn your depression into aggression. Anger is an energy, bro.
    If you can channel that into exercising or working out, I've found that that's an awesome way to climb out of the hole. Beneficial in so many ways.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Scott, thanks for mentioning that. Agree 100% . Get moving: go running, go swimming, ride a bike...whatever, just move.

Suspended
    It's been a long time since I've experienced deep depression, but when I feel mildly depressed, I find Anathema to be uplifting - WHBWH and Weather Systems.

Progressive Ears is all the medicine I need to alleviate the blues...winter, spring, summer, OR fall
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

Quote Originally Posted by -=RTFR666=- View Post
    Progressive Ears is all the medicine I need to alleviate the blues...winter, spring, summer, OR fall
    You have my sympathy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by -=RTFR666=- View Post
    ...winter, spring, summer, OR fall
    All I have to do is call? And you'll be there? I've got a friend?
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    You have my sympathy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    All I have to do is call? And you'll be there? I've got a friend?
    - It's like, as the saying goes, shootin' fish in a barrel
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-