Page 366 of 402 FirstFirst ... 266316356362363364365366367368369370376 ... LastLast
Results 9,126 to 9,150 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    The Habs were my favourite team growing up. What a sad day.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Man, another one gone...rest in peace Guy
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

The Lafleur Flower king of the last Habs dinasty.

Also the only sportsman I ever saw smoking a cigarette while sitting on the bench, between two appearance on the ice. Confused

RIP Guy, and thanks for those amazing moments.

Ditto for Mike Bossy - the king of the only Islanders dinasty.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I'm so pissed off. Friends and I went to a Henderson Silver Knights game. Fantastic experience but.....

I'm not allowed to take a fucking slide whistle into a a game. Oh, a cowbell is acceptable, a snare drum with a cymbal and sticks.... no, I can't take a god damned slide whistle in?

Because it has, and I kid you not, "edges"? Great food a great experience, but a fucking slide whistle is the barrier? About as dangerous as the one and a half inch Swiss knife I had on my keys that almost disallowed me from seeing BOC back when they did Imaginos, '89 IIRC, whatever.

It's total bullshit, a fucking slide whistle is so dangerous? Who do I write to, the CEO? I seriously want to send a very, VERY sternly worded letter to someone. A fucking cowbell is ok, a snare drum and cymbal with sticks is ok, but a fucking slide whistle is not?

I even showed them what it is but it's got fucking "edges"?

This is too far. By the Gods, they have metal de34tectors and the whole nine yards of security but they want to single me out like that and tell me it's about fucking "edges?

Sorry about the language, I know we want to keep it not so offensive, but this has me pissed off. I spent two hundred bucks on food and beer with my friends and they wouldn't let me in with a damned whistle? They got my money and then told me I'm a piece of shit and I'm supposed to just accept it?

It's a great new stadium, totally state of the art. Looks like a NHL game except the media sits in some weird seats way above the ice which looks a little odd from the on ice perspective.

Only holds about 5,000 but looks much bigger and the whole experience is supposed to mimic the NHL experience but since it's been so long since I've seen an NHL game the experience is so difference. Talking about 1997 or so, a different technological world of invent has happened. So much music and flashing lights it's almost better to watch the game at home.

So distracting but it's wild to hear the game, the puck crashing into the tape of a stick, the hits, the actual sounds of the game.

I was really hungry going into the game so I said screw it, I want to spend some money and treat my friends since I owed them for favors moons ago. I did, and that part was cool but the sternly worded letter needs to happen. I won't rest still until i can bring a slide whistle in.

So gonna go after this, I'm bound to this cause. Ready to die on this hill. I just have no idea who to contact to show my ire.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

every arena should have slide whistles! I got your back man

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    I'm so pissed off. Friends and I went to a Henderson Silver Knights game. Fantastic experience but.....

I'm not allowed to take a fucking slide whistle into a a game. Oh, a cowbell is acceptable, a snare drum with a cymbal and sticks.... no, I can't take a god damned slide whistle in?

Because it has, and I kid you not, "edges"? Great food a great experience, but a fucking slide whistle is the barrier? About as dangerous as the one and a half inch Swiss knife I had on my keys that almost disallowed me from seeing BOC back when they did Imaginos, '89 IIRC, whatever.

It's total bullshit, a fucking slide whistle is so dangerous? Who do I write to, the CEO? I seriously want to send a very, VERY sternly worded letter to someone. A fucking cowbell is ok, a snare drum and cymbal with sticks is ok, but a fucking slide whistle is not?

I even showed them what it is but it's got fucking "edges"?

Sorry about the language, I know we want to keep it not so offensive, but this has me pissed off. I spent two hundred bucks on food and beer with my friends and they wouldn't let me in with a damned whistle? They got my money and then told me I'm a piece of shit and I'm supposed to just accept it?
    Did they actually tell you it was for security/safety reasons? Couldn't you have left it with the guards at the entrance and recuperate it after the game?
    Because I can see why some whistles might be forbidden. Too easy to interfere with the actual game and fooling the players into stopping the action.
    Next time, try with a vuvuzela. all plastic and no chance to get is sonically confused with a ref whistle.

I would at least write to the team's administration to get explanation and if possible get compensation.

I was once (second half of the 80's) stopped by airport security from boarding, because I had a key ring that represented a flat handgun and it was less than 1/2". Obviously not a weapon, by a representation of one.
    They even called the flight captain, to show him the key ring and he agreed he didn't want this on board. I left the king ring an ashtray along with other things "illegal" on board.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

The eons are closing
    Next time, try with a vuvuzela. all plastic and no chance to get is sonically confused with a ref whistle
    I used to have an awesome vuvuzela app on my Palm phone - loud enough and had settings for solo or a "group" of 'em.

Loved it!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Thanks, Klonk. Someone who gets it.

Trane, there's no way to confuse a slide whistle with a refs whistle. One is just a whistle and the other is actually an instrument and there's no way you can confuse the sound. They really did point at the mouthpiece and said "edges", and if you look at it that's the most insane reason to just be a dick.

I'm pretty sure I could beat the living hell out of someone with a snare drum or cowbell, yet a damned fun, almost children's toy, with "EDGES"????? We talking about edges? Really, we talking about, "EDGES"?????

I'm going to get a plastic one and see if they give me some BS reason to not bring that in. Edges, FFS.

I did also forget that it can get a little chilly in a hockey arena. Wear pants instead of shorts but that sucks when it's hot out here, and it does get hot. I hate pants when it's over 90 and were there now.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Colorado v Nashville
    St. Louis v Minnesota
    Calgary v Dallas
    Edmonton v LA
    Florida v Washington
    Tampa v Toronto
    Rangers v Pens
    Boston v Canes

My picks:
    Colorado in 4
    Minn in 7
    Calgary in 6
    Edmonton in 6
    Fla in 5
    TB in 7
    PENS in 7
    Canes in 7

Caveat, if there was $ involved I would pick the Rangers or sit this one out, but since there isn’t, Hell no!
    Last edited by Tangram; 05-02-2022 at 03:34 AM.

Calgary in 5
    Edmonton in 6
    Colorado in 5
    Minnesota in 6

Florida in 5
    Tampa in 6
    Carolina in 7
    Rangers in 6

It's so nice to have playoff jitters again...

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Really want to go chalk, but that is not the way of the hockey gods...

Florida in 6
    Carolina in 5
    New York in 6
    Tampa Bay in 7

Colorado in 5
    Minnesota in 7
    Calgary in 5
    LA in 7
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

The eons are closing
    Colorado v Nashville -> Avalanche

St. Louis v Minnesota -> Wild

Calgary v Dallas - > Flames

Edmonton v LA -> Oilers

Florida v Washington -> Panthers

Tampa v Toronto -> When There's Lightning

Rangers v Pens - > Blueshirts coz Mrs Shark hates Cindy more than any player

Boston v Canes. -> Canes

The Red Wings fired coach Jeff Blashill today. Can’t say this news comes as much of a surprise. I was a fan of Blashill and was really hoping he could be successful with the Red Wings. He made WMU into a hockey power and then coached the Grand Rapids Griffins to a championship. He really seemed like the right guy for the Red Wings, but after 6 seasons it just has not worked out. I am sure he will land on his feet. There are already rumors that Michigan State is after him for their current opening.

Caps showed up to play tonight. Caps should of had more than just four goals. Rangers and Pens could end up playing eight or nine games at this rate.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

The eons are closing
    Generally speaking, I am psyched with multiple playoff game coverage on espn and other affiliated channels - easy viewing access to all the goodness

I'm still trying to understand how I'm not smiling from a 4-3 win in regulation.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Boo. Hard one to swallow there. I'm now less confident.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I'm still trying to understand how I'm not smiling from a 4-3 win in regulation.
    Yeah. When the play initially happened I didn't celebrate because I figured it would be called back, but on the replays it did look pretty obvious the ranger was pushed into the goalie and the goalie had the ability to return to the crease. But...I have no idea what goalie interference is. A catch in football is crystal clear compared to this labyrinthine rule.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Boo. Hard one to swallow there. I'm now less confident.

Yeah. When the play initially happened I didn't celebrate because I figured it would be called back, but on the replays it did look pretty obvious the ranger was pushed into the goalie and the goalie had the ability to return to the crease. But...I have no idea what goalie interference is. A catch in football is crystal clear compared to this labyrinthine rule.
    Last night the O's player slid into second clearly beating the throw from center field and was called out. While reviewing the call the announcers said this was a no brainer, they have to reverse the call. They said the call stands and called him out. You wonder what drugs they are on while reviewing plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Don't know what the hell they saw on the replay. Pretty clear that the goal should've counted.

Look, the league's pretty much been kissing the Penguins ass since handing them Lemieux on a silver platter in 84 and then Sid 20 years later.

But I'm not bitter.

Caps goalie needs to contact Warby Parker.

Caps have major turn around after changing goalies.

Watching 4 hockey games is a great way to spend a Saturday! With a smattering of basketball thrown in!! And a break for the Derby!!! Didn't even get any music in.

Wth is happening with the Panthers?! Helpful tip, don't let Ovi set up in his office. Rangers got to D up. Everyone knows Igor is awesome but he's seeing rubber in his sleep these days. Stars are surprising and the Avs are steamrolling as expected

I get to to it again today!
    Last edited by Tangram; 05-08-2022 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    Rangers got to D up. Everyone knows Igor is awesome but he's seeing rubber in his sleep these days.
    Yes this is true. Braun and Nemeth are not helping with this issue. But losing Goodrow and Lindgren was a big blow. Not to mention much of the team (including Igor) has never experienced the intensity of playoffs and can't get out of there own way at times. Hopefully this is a quick learning experience!