Page 311 of 402 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321361 ... LastLast
Results 7,751 to 7,775 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

The eons are closing
    Since I'm doing the roto hockey thing, I have already watched more late night nhl network than last two years combined! LOL
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by UnderAGlassMoon View Post
    I haven't posted in this thread in a long time. I know there's not much west coast talk on here, so that is probably why. Well that and the fact that my team used to be good and now is horrible. I speak of the Kings of course. Picking up where they left off last year. And this will probably be the last time I post about them. The one glaring early observation, Jonathan Quick is done. They should trade him or just make him the back up now. In three games he's allowed 19 goals and has a ridiculous save % of .793! Another long season for Kings fans.
    Hey man! I wish there were more west coast fans in here. I watch the games whenever I can, but I always like to see what's going on all over the league. Helps with Fantasy too And yeah...Quick has been on a downward spiral the last two seasons. Why the hell couldn't that have happened in 2014??!!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Proud Member since 2/2002 UnderAGlassMoon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Hey man! I wish there were more west coast fans in here. I watch the games whenever I can, but I always like to see what's going on all over the league. Helps with Fantasy too And yeah...Quick has been on a downward spiral the last two seasons. Why the hell couldn't that have happened in 2014??!!
    I hear ya Scott about 2014, but I'm glad it turned out the way it did. I don't quite understand what has happened with Quick. He's not that old for a goalie, he's only 33. But it does seem like he has lost whatever mojo he had.
    Eric: "What the hell Hutch, it's all Rush, what if we wanted a little variety?"

Hutch: "Rush is variety, Bitch! Rule number one: in my van, its Rush! All Rush, all the time...no exceptions."

From "Fanboys" 2009.

you Isles fans and your conspiracy theories. He is quoted as cringing looking back at trading Turgeon for Mueller and Schneider. Also shaking his head at the Hextall move. Just a young, green GM at the time. Milbury...wow, he sucked

https://thehockeywriters.com/top-10-...-transactions/
    Wow, going back and reading about some of those trades brings back nightmares. I hope to repay you soon.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    Wow, going back and reading about some of those trades brings back nightmares. I hope to repay you soon. [emoji38]
    Never gets old...

[yt]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UilzHNm95Qg[/yt]

We have tickets for the Leafs/Bruins game on Saturday. Should be a good one!

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Have an awesome time Esther! Is this from the new tix hookup?

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Have an awesome time Esther! Is this from the new tix hookup?
    No, actually, it's from my old tix hookup. My new guy never got back to me with prices, and since he's my boss and I know he's overwhelmed with work right now, I haven't had the heart to follow-up with him.

The eons are closing
    Time to take the boss to HR for false promises!

Should be a beauty, though the Leafs are having a tough go of it lately...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

No offense Esther, but whenever I see Boston vs. Toronto my hockey head immediately goes to that crazy Bruin comeback win in 2013... sorry!

Hope it's a great game for ya!

No offense Esther, but whenever I see Boston vs. Toronto my hockey head immediately goes to that crazy Bruin comeback win in 2013... sorry!

Hope it's a great game for ya!
    My head does the same thing. That's why I really want to see the Bruins get a serious ass-kicking on Saturday!

Time to take the boss to HR for false promises!
    The problem with that plan is that it wouldn't do much for my job security, and without a job I can't afford to buy hockey tickets!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    My head does the same thing. That's why I really want to see the Bruins get a serious ass-kicking on Saturday!
    Go Bruins!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Go Bruins!
    Well, not exactly an ass-kicking, but an exciting game and a W for the good guys.

3 games in 4 nights, with back-to-back road games on successive days. Who comes up with this schedule? Habs were totally gassed in Minnesota on Sunday...

Never gets old...

[yt]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UilzHNm95Qg[/yt]
    Back in the time machine. In 12th grade at the time. Isles fans Really dragged Ranger fans over this commercial. Except when the Isles lost to them in the playoffs. That was brutal. But revenge is a dish best served cold. Serenading the Rangers with 'Oh La La Sassoon' at the Coliseum was a blast. It was the second best chant behind the classic '1940'.

The eons are closing
    Isles win five in a row, but WTF with the scheduling... Team hadnt played since Saturday?!

Could have easily been forgiven if they were flat...

Habs can't stop anyone on the PK and it's killing them. Another 2 given up yesterday and, lo and behold, they lost by 2 goals.

The eons are closing
    I thought iI saw that the Isles have only 9 PP chances in the eight games so far...

Thankfully they scored on 3 of 'em.

Proud Member since 2/2002 UnderAGlassMoon's Avatar
    Are the Kings tanking in October? Back to back 5-1 losses. I could stomach that more if it were to the Avalanche or the Oilers, but it was the Wild and the Blackhawks and both had worse records going into each game. At least the early part of this decade was fun.
    Eric: "What the hell Hutch, it's all Rush, what if we wanted a little variety?"

Hutch: "Rush is variety, Bitch! Rule number one: in my van, its Rush! All Rush, all the time...no exceptions."

From "Fanboys" 2009.

I said many moons ago that I wasn't going to ditch the Habs for VGK but it's been so overwhelming here that it's hard to ignore. Cup final in the first year and if it hadn't been for a blown call and a sad but total and complete meltdown VGK might have gone to another Final.

Anyway, I'm now recording every game as I can actually watch a team I root for and why would I even want to root for the Habs anymore as the stink and badly. I tells ya, Pacioretty should have about a dozen more assists this year as he passes to the front of the net great but just cannot connect. Riley Smith has been solid as well as Marchessault and Stone is freaking great.

Losing those two games a few days ago was disheartening especially getting beat up that badly but they won one after that and I haven't finished the Anaheim game so don't know the final but we were leading when I left it. Boston really took it to us, sadly, as I have no love for them, especially Charra.

We have a really solid team when they play up to their talent level. I hope we can have a better playoff run than last year. That one is still hard to deal with.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

I said many moons ago that I wasn't going to ditch the Habs for VGK but it's been so overwhelming here that it's hard to ignore. Cup final in the first year and if it hadn't been for a blown call and a sad but total and complete meltdown VGK might have gone to another Final.

Anyway, I'm now recording every game as I can actually watch a team I root for and why would I even want to root for the Habs anymore as they stink and badly. I tells ya, Pacioretty(traded from the idiot Habs) should have about a dozen more assists this year as he passes to the front of the net great but just cannot connect. Reilley Smith has been solid as well as Marchessault and Stone is freaking great. Bischoff looks to be really good. Stastny, Karlsson(how many Karlssons are there in this league anyway?), Eakin, Tuch, Engellund and Theodore are all well rounded players so this team should go far. All this without Schmidt.

Even Reaves has been good and not caused too many problems although he did have a fight a couple weeks ago but that seemed to be mutual.

Our backup goalie sitch doesn't look too good so I'm praying for Fleury's health. I don't trust anyone else although Subban didn't play the other day. Not sure if he's hurt or what but it was some other guy who's name escapes me and I'm too lazy to look it up. He lost and didn't look too good.

Losing those two games a few days ago was disheartening especially getting beat up that badly but they won one after that and I haven't finished the Anaheim game so don't know the final but we were leading when I left it. Boston really took it to us, sadly, as I have no love for them, especially Charra.

We have a really solid team when they play up to their talent level. I hope we can have a better playoff run than last year. That one is still hard to deal with.

So there's your update from the desert.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

good update! I still want to see Reaves get his ass kicked and brought back down to earth...maybe Ross Johnston on the Islanders can handle the monster?! Yeah, I'm an old school fan still

Speaking of Boston taking it to ya...boy did they expose the youth of my Rangers the other night. That is one solid, veteran team with a shit ton of experience and had us skating in circles. We got a long way to go!

Rangers made the Bolts look plodding and indecisive today. Always, it seems, on national TV.