Page 320 of 402 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320321322323324330370 ... LastLast
Results 7,976 to 8,000 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Holtby had a bad game last night giving up seven goals. Just glad it wasn't against a contender.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Habs are not going gently into that goodnight. I like that they are showing up and playing for each other. This week will determine their fate, imo. Got Boston and Pittsburgh back-to-back. If they can get points in those games they may hang on for a while longer.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

For being without McDavid, the Oilers played a helluva game last night.

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    For being without McDavid, the Oilers played a helluva game last night.
    Him being out is harmful to my struggling Fantasy team

Rangers getting important wins, but they need to win a lot more games from here on out to get in the dance. Not lookin too promising, but ya never know!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Scary scene...

...responsive and alert are good words to hear. Hope all goes well for Jay Boumeester.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post

Rangers getting important wins, but they need to win a lot more games from here on out to get in the dance. Not lookin too promising, but ya never know!
    You guys are pretty much where we are, but with games in hand. I don't see it happening for either of our teams. The NHL points format does not allow teams who have fallen off the "playoff peloton" to climb back in. I still say 3 points for a regulation win to go along with the 3 points awarded for an OT/SO game.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

The eons are closing
    ESPN had recently done an article on the loser point and where the standings would be with a variety of pt schemes.

It was an okay article.

Cizikas suffered a deep leg laceration from a Phlyer player's skate last might in period 1 and is gone likely 4 weeks.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Krieder’s value seems to go up each game...

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    ESPN had recently done an article on the loser point and where the standings would be with a variety of pt schemes.

It was an okay article.
    I read that when it came out, and agree it was OK. Here it is if anyone is interested:

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...-points-system

Basically, very little changes under the different systems, just slight variations in the top teams and who might sneak in as a wild card. I basically agree with the conclusion that the current system works pretty much as well as the others. I think given the nature of hockey, a point for an overtime loss is not such a bad thing. Teams that get a lot of points this way are usually pretty solid and can be a factor come playoff time.

The thing I think needs attention is the seeding structure for the playoffs, which I think sucks and has become terribly boring. It was far better before they changed it, and I wish they'd go back to that format.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    I read that when it came out, and agree it was OK. Here it is if anyone is interested:

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...-points-system

Basically, very little changes under the different systems, just slight variations in the top teams and who might sneak in as a wild card. I basically agree with the conclusion that the current system works pretty much as well as the others. I think given the nature of hockey, a point for an overtime loss is not such a bad thing. Teams that get a lot of points this way are usually pretty solid and can be a factor come playoff time.

The thing I think needs attention is the seeding structure for the playoffs, which I think sucks and has become terribly boring. It was far better before they changed it, and I wish they'd go back to that format.

Bill
    This is exactly where I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Vengeance View Post
    Krieder’s value seems to go up each game...
    He is certainly making a case for a contract...this is as good as he's been in a long time.

The eons are closing
    Re: point system
    While just 'adjusting'' the current standings doesn't seem to impact in/out too much, the exercise doesn't take in account "how" a team might play when its a two or three pt swing.

I also agree that hockey seeding stinks but my suggestions to fix it are too radical! lol

The eons are closing
    ooof...what a terrible game from the puck drop forward....

Caps pulled one out last night, but Ovi is still stuck at 698.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Caps pulled one out last night, but Ovi is still stuck at 698.
    He'll get it. What's up with Holtby this year man? He's got wins, but his stats are horrible! I know this because he's been dragging my Fantasy team goalie points down every week! lol

He'll get it. What's up with Holtby this year man? He's got wins, but his stats are horrible! I know this because he's been dragging my Fantasy team goalie points down every week! lol
    I know. He let in seven goals the other day so next game they played the other goalie and he let in five goals. Holtby looked good last night only giving up two goals.

I know most of you probably don't care, but finally got to see the long awaited meathead match between Reaves and Johnston. RJ lost his footing and it turned into a grabby grab . Some body shots and a handful of swings n misses. One good punch landed by Reaves at the end that had RJ check his face. Disappointing considering the build-up for this one. I must say though that it brought an old school tear to my eye seeing a fight at the opening face-off

Rangers now 7 points out with a nice win streak going...looooooongshot, but I'm diggin the ride!!

A little AHL talk. We went to a Marlies game yesterday...Toronto Marlies (Leafs) vs. Belleville Senators (Ottawa Sens). After 14 minutes, it was 4-0 Belleville. We were preparing ourselves for a blowout. But never say never. End of the 1st, 4-1. End of the 2nd, 5-3. With only 17 seconds left in the 3rd, the Marlies tie it up! Into OT we go. The Marlies take the win in OT. What a game!

Who says you need to pay hundreds for an NHL game to see great hockey? For a fraction of the cost, you can see fantastic hockey by supporting the farm teams.

(and in NHL action the actual Leafs beat the actual Senators 4-2 later that same evening )

Caps are really sucking ass. I hope it's just a slump they are going through.

I know most of you probably don't care, but finally got to see the long awaited meathead match between Reaves and Johnston. RJ lost his footing and it turned into a grabby grab . Some body shots and a handful of swings n misses. One good punch landed by Reaves at the end that had RJ check his face. Disappointing considering the build-up for this one. I must say though that it brought an old school tear to my eye seeing a fight at the opening face-off

Rangers now 7 points out with a nice win streak going...looooooongshot, but I'm diggin the ride!!
    Yeah, it was kinda meh. I get the old school sentiment as I don't think I've seen an opening drop fight since McCarty/Lemieux.

Out here, took the last three from the Blues, Isle's and Caps. Things seem to be looking up. Here's to hoping they can move up in the standings a bit more, try and get as many home games in the playoffs as possible. Picked up another D in Martinez, see how that goes.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

The eons are closing
    In the East, the Gritties (imo) are very dangerous. They score in bunches and now that Hart is back and ascending as a goalie - muy dangerous.

Isles would never face them in Round 1, but if Isles fade as Gritties continue to rise, the fight would be for the spot.

And a hot rookie goalie? Those guys know no fear in the playoffs...

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    In the East, the Gritties (imo) are very dangerous. They score in bunches and now that Hart is back and ascending as a goalie - muy dangerous.

Isles would never face them in Round 1, but if Isles fade as Gritties continue to rise, the fight would be for the spot.

And a hot rookie goalie? Those guys know no fear in the playoffs...
    See that blue in your rearview mirror? That's us clawin n scratchin just 6 points behind!

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Picked up another D in Martinez, see how that goes.
    Scored his first VGK goal to tie it in the first. He's had a couple of blocks also. Good start for sure.

1-1 after one. I'm anxious as the 'Ning are a top team and if they can pull this one off it's a good start for the last push for the playoffs. Gotta move up.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Knights are one of our jinx teams, along with Minnesota.

You guys solved Vasilievsky today.

Caps tie game with twenty seconds left and lose in OT in less than a minute. At least Ovi got 699. I hope it's just some kind of Voo Doo jinx.