Page 321 of 402 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331371 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,025 of 10040

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Ovi gets 700 but Caps shit the bed again.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    I don't like to see the Leafs lose. But in this case, it was okay. It's a great story! When the Leafs can only get 10 shots in 30 minutes either they're doing something very wrong or the opposition defense are doing something very right.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    See that blue in your rearview mirror? That's us clawin n scratchin just 6 points behind!
    Isles picked up the four points against bottom dweller teams - now time to snuff out those blue dreams of yours

lol :-)
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Caps blow a three goal lead in the third period just to win in a shoot out. Do shootout goals count toward individual goal totals.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Isles picked up the four points against bottom dweller teams - now time to snuff out those blue dreams of yours

lol :-)
    I cannot begin to unpack everything from that game.

- Barzal has a problem - he thinks he's a Gretzky level passer - he's not. He's quite good but coupled with his ultra annoying tendency to hold onto the puck too long - turnover city. Cost Isles two Ranger goals.
    - As a team, the Isles have to give up the idea that every goal needs a fancy-pants pass to set it up - shoot more!!!!
    - I have no idea what goalie interference is anymore. You can now be outside crease not moving, set as a screen, the goalie can push you and you're called for interference.
    - Trouba left his feet to hit DalColle - should have been gone. That is the defenseless hit that targeted the head.
    - Fucking Panarin
    - the pace to this game was one of the fastest Ive seen this year. Amd other than the two major flails above, the officiating was actually solid.

As a whole, since I started watching Isles games post NYE, they have gone 10-11-3.
    [emoji107]

Bolts have lost three in a row after going something like 150-0-2. But I think they, the Bruins, and Caps are focusing on the playoffs, checking out how all the new cogs fit...

- I have no idea what goalie interference is anymore. You can now be outside crease not moving, set as a screen, the goalie can push you and you're called for interference.
    - Trouba left his feet to hit DalColle - should have been gone. That is the defenseless hit that targeted the head.
    I'll say honestly that if it was me I'd be pissed at that goalie interference call, but I've seen it called many times so I wasn't surprised it wasn't reversed.

The Trouba hit??!! Cmon dude, that thing was a good, hard and 100% clean thing of beauty...sounds like you swallowed some Butch Goring homer kool-Aid there bud. It was even just announced that the league isn't looking at it. You can bet for sure that Del Cole keeps his head up from now on Props to Pageau for coming to his defense...definitely gained some love in the locker room for that.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Vengeance View Post
    Bolts have lost three in a row after going something like 150-0-2. But I think they, the Bruins, and Caps are focusing on the playoffs, checking out how all the new cogs fit...

How do you feel about their deadline moves?

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I'll say honestly that if it was me I'd be pissed at that goalie interference call, but I've seen it called many times so I wasn't surprised it wasn't reversed.

The Trouba hit??!! Cmon dude, that thing was a good, hard and 100% clean thing of beauty...sounds like you swallowed some Butch Goring homer kool-Aid there bud. It was even just announced that the league isn't looking at it. You can bet for sure that Del Cole keeps his head up from now on Props to Pageau for coming to his defense...definitely gained some love in the locker room for that.
    My man, if you leave your feet to deliver a check, its a penalty whether its shoulder to shoulder or otherwise. That 'used to be' a no brainer call each time.

And Toronto's non-reaction means nothing. If the player isnt crippled, the hitter doesnt get penalized. We've seen that often enough.

And I agree that the hit wouldn't warrant a suspension. Feet on the ice - perfect hockey.
    Last edited by MudShark22; 02-26-2020 at 06:11 PM.

Feet on the ice - perfect hockey.
    exactly...

It's a dangerous hit, but it's a clean hit whether you like it or not. Trouba's shoulders are down like they are supposed to be and his feet are clearly on the ice when contact is made. Unfortunately Del Cole's head was down. If I was Del Cole I'd punch Pageau for giving him the puck there

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Whatever happened to the Detroit Red Wings? They used to have a dynasty.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Epic collapse by the Habs last night. Pretty much their season in one game.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Epic collapse by the Habs last night. Pretty much their season in one game.
    Rangers first goal at the end of the period was a killer for yas. Up until that point we were being smothered. 3rd was all Rangers though...Price was great, but had no support there.

Only 2 points out of a wildcard spot now. This Ranger team has certainly come together at the right time. 9 wins in 10 games...5 out of the last 5. Crazy...I'm enjoyin the hell out of this ride!

It encapsulates the whole season. Moments of dominance, but lack of a knock out punch ,and a lack of stamina to play a full 60 minutes. Giving up key goals either late or early in periods. But Bergevin will manage to hold on to his job and will most likely keep Julien behind the bench for another year of mediocrity in 20-21.... Honestly, I did not watch most of the game last night. We're out. It's official. Now it's like watching pre-season hockey where you call up a bunch of guys, juggle your 2nd to 4th lines, and see what transpires...

The eons are closing
    I love It when Bettman looks like an ass.

From September 2017 - sayeth The Worst Commish Ever
    Gary Bettman doesn’t see the renovated Nassau Coliseum as a potential home for the Islanders — not long-term, not short-term, never.

On Friday, the NHL commissioner reiterated his stance about the Coliseum not being viable as a permanent home for the Isles, and had this to say regarding a possible temporary residency there:

“I don’t view it that way, certainly not now,” Bettman said.

Bettman doesn’t think it makes sense for the Islanders to play even a small number of games at the renovated Coliseum, which now has a 13,000-person capacity for hockey. “My gut reaction is it’s not a viable option,” he said.
    https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/h...cle-1.3480984/

From Today
    The New York Islanders are expected to play their entire 2020-21 home slate at Nassau Coliseum, Newsday reported Friday.

Nassau Coliseum, which is located in Uniondale on Long Island, also would host all potential Islanders home playoff games this year, per Newsday

New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo is expected to officially announce the news Saturday ahead of the Isles' home game against the Boston Bruins.
    https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...um-next-season

Take that Gary GodAwful

One of our suppliers invited my team (three of us) to the Leafs/Nashville game on March 12. Aside from work, this particular supplier has also become a personal friend and I love my team members who are also all big Leafs fans. Free hockey with a group of guys I adore who are also Leafs fans. This will be a fun night!

The eons are closing
    Nice! [emoji106]

A good weekend for the Grittys, sweeping a home & home against the Rangers while scoring 10 goals.

Six wins in a row...
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    A good weekend for the Grittys, sweeping a home & home against the Rangers while scoring 10 goals.

Six wins in a row...
    ...bringing a pretty amazing Ranger month to a screeeeeeching halt! Fuck! I must say though, the Flyers really good. Much better than I expected honestly. I definitely see reminders of that AV style.

Now shut up and go away again

The eons are closing
    The Gritties will win the Metro and get the 2 seed, and play the Isles in Round One.

CBJ is toast IMO - every team fightin / scappin for that #2 WC have two or three games in hand on them (Isles, Cindys, Carolina, Blueshirts).
    They have 15 left with 10 of those on the road including a trip back to MSG amd a season finale at 'Canes. And an overall (-) goal diff.

Mudshark...Isles gotta show up against weaker teams if they want to stay in the hunt... WTF was that? I tuned in after 40 mins and it was 4-0 Habs?!

The eons are closing
    That was one of the worst Isles games I have seen since Millbury threw in the other shoe 10 yrs ago.

The Isles effort out of the gate was so poor....Habs deserved to win by 8 goals....

The team is exactly .500 since the end of that 17 game pt streak at start of year

The team is exactly .500 since the end of that 17 game pt streak at start of year
    Hey MudShark, I know you're a big time Isles fan and you didn't watch games early in the season. They are completely lost right now, maybe the only thing left to do is to ban you temporarily from watching the games. It's tough to believe that a team that got 32 out of 34 points at one point in the season is struggling to make the playoffs.

All kidding aside, they have to right the ship real soon or Klonk will be more than happy to watch the Rangers slip into a playoff spot.

Take that Gary GodAwful
    Bettman is completely clueless. How's Brooklyn lookin' now?