Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Why put two Canadian teams together.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

So we have 2 Florida teams... 2 Canadian teams... 2 relocated teams (Carolina-Hartford, Colorado-Quebec)...one Original Six team... and one Original Six Expansion team...

I'll go with:
    Bolts over Panthers
    Rangers over Canes
    Blues over Avs
    Flames over Oilers
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post

My aging heart can't take much more of this. Can't believe they pulled that comeback off...and they had to come back in each game! I definitely think Pitt was mostly the better team though. On to Carolina!
    Glad your team was able to overcome the officiating in the first game. Can't believe they gave your player four minutes for that pathetic high stick call. The Panthers high sticked our goalie in the neck and laid him out on the ice and only got two minutes. Guess they wanted the President Cup team to last past the first round.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Lightning over panthers in 5
    Hurricanes over Blueshirts in 6
    Avalanche over Blues in 6
    Oilers over Flames in 7

Battle of Alberta… what the hell was that? Did they enter a time warp that transported them all back to 1985?

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Vengeance View Post
    Battle of Alberta… what the hell was that? Did they enter a time warp that transported them all back to 1985?
    Nope, not even close. The Flames and Oilers teams from the mid-80s would never have played that poorly. Calgary was obviously better but both teams played really sloppy last night.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    What a heartbreaker for the Panthers.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    Nope, not even close. The Flames and Oilers teams from the mid-80s would never have played that poorly. Calgary was obviously better but both teams played really sloppy last night.
    I will say that in '86 - I recall that the games the Oilers won were "higher" scoring generally, while the Flames victories were tighter affairs....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    No one plans to take the path that brings you lower

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    What a heartbreaker for the Panthers.
    What a defense breaker by Kuch. Most clutch last 10 second player in the league.

Still, Bolts won both games in Fla last year and it turned out to be a tough series.