Page 324 of 402 FirstFirst ... 224274314320321322323324325326327328334374 ... LastLast
Results 8,076 to 8,100 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Leafs vs. Habs. Exhibition game. WOOHOOOO! I honestly didn't think I'd see hockey again this year. I hope the players can all stay safe...not like MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Leafs vs. Habs. Exhibition game. WOOHOOOO! I honestly didn't think I'd see hockey again this year. I hope the players can all stay safe...not like MLB.
    I just can't see how the NHL is going to make it this year. All that spit and blood. Unless, of course, they go non-contact. Kind of like the NBA with ghost fouls.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

^ They're confined in a bubble. All games are taking place in two cities with two hotels in each city devoted to housing them. No travel and not allowed out of the bubble.

^ And they'll be tested extensively. The virus can't spread if no one has it. In the MLB, the Marlins didn't contract the virus by playing the game; they contracted it outside of the stadium and spread it in their own facilities. It's telling that none of the players on the opposing team tested positive for the virus.

MLS has now been playing in a bubble in Florida for two weeks or so without any major problems. There's no reason why the NHL in a bubble in Canada can't make this work.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    ^ Didn't one team get sent home early from the MLS tourney due to the virus?

But yeah...the bubble system is the only way to make sports work right now. Much easier for hockey and basketball as they have very little season to playout (and even then various NBA players have been caught leaving the bubble), but obviously still need the discipline.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

The eons are closing
    And so it begins....

I get to boo the Blueshirts first [emoji106][emoji16]

Then onto the main event - the wailing and knashing of teeth that is watching the Isles.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

I'm primed...lots of snacks, good leftovers in queue, two screens ready to go when needed, and, of course, tons of great beer. Ready to crank this shit to 11 and enjoy some playoff hockey...drop the puck!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    ^ Didn't one team get sent home early from the MLS tourney due to the virus?
    Yeah, two teams. Nashville had to withdraw after arriving in Orlando. I’m not if Dallas even made it to the bubble.

But nothing since.

Oh it's so good to be watching hockey again. Let's go Rangers!! 0-7 on the PP...not a good start for playoff special teams
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    And so it begins....

I get to boo the Blueshirts first [emoji106][emoji16]

Then onto the main event - the wailing and knashing of teeth that is watching the Isles.

Hopefully the powerful Florida offense can at least make that boring Islander defensive style watchable

The eons are closing
    Hah! Just sent you a PM! Was wondering when this would really begin. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Oh it's so good to be watching hockey again. Let's go Rangers!! 0-7 on the PP...not a good start for playoff special teams
    Canes are looking good so far. Got a goal and a fight within the first five minutes!

Curious about the other broadcasts. Fox Sports Southeast has their broadcasters watching the viddy in Raleigh. Does NBC or CBC have broadcasters in the building?

Edit: Canes just added a third goal (and nearly a fourth). I knew I made a good decision by following the local team.
    Last edited by polmico; 08-01-2020 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Canes score!

The eons are closing
    Hopefully the powerful Florida offense can at least make that boring Islander defensive style watchable
    Actually, while not actively rooting, I would prefer to meet in the Conference Finals for truly apocalyptic hockey.

Generally, aside for the Isles - I am all in on the "outside" teams making it thru this round.

Its cool that NHL is using "home team" music etc. for intros etc.

edit - even the board adverts are home adverts

Last edited by MudShark22; 08-01-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Isles win, Rangers lose and the Devils are already golfing. Life is getting back to normal!

Bruins did not look good, especially the goaltending. They better get Rask healthy quick.

So the 'Canes are the first through the elimination round (sorry Scott) and justifiably so. They've been easily the best team in this early part of the postseason, even better than any of the teams playing in the round robin. Freakin' Aho...he's always been a great player but he was on completely another level in those three games. Now they get several days off...pretty sure the earliest the next round could begin is August 9th.

Meanwhile, the Rangers are the first team eligible for the Lafreniere sweepstakes!

Aho was really impressive. His goal to put the Canes up 3-1 was awesome.

^ Now the question is, are the Canes really that good or are the Rangers that bad.

(I say this as a NYR fan, so...I was definitely impressed by the Canes)

Rangers looked like they didn't want to be there. Understandable under the circumstances. I sensed no leadership from players or coaches and, after the beginning of Game 1 when they were hitting and skating and still wound up trailing early, it was like "Let's get this over with." Plus, the Canes are a damn good team and they got terrific goaltending from both goalies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    ^ Now the question is, are the Canes really that good or are the Rangers that bad.

(I say this as a NYR fan, so...I was definitely impressed by the Canes)
    I think the best answer is probably a little of both. I actually didn't think the Rangers were awful in any of the three games, but perhaps I'm just mentally comparing them to the Oilers in Game One of their series with the Blackhawks.

The Blue Jackets coaching staff are wearing logoed long sleeve shirts behind the bench instead of suits. I like the look and I like that they are repping the team. Thoughts?

GettyImages-1262825126-scaled-e1596382892417-1024x683.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    I think the best answer is probably a little of both. I actually didn't think the Rangers were awful in any of the three games, but perhaps I'm just mentally comparing them to the Oilers in Game One of their series with the Blackhawks.
    I thought the second game they looked pretty bad, such low energy and not great speed or overall precision. The third game they started great and I guess just faded/were worn down by the canes. I missed most of the first game so I can't really comment on that one. I think they were really hurt by the break. They had great momentum and even though they were out of the playoffs they were definitely trending upward overall.

I still consider it a successful season, good potential for the future, which is all I can ask out of a team in a rebuild/semi-rebuild situation.

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    Rangers looked like they didn't want to be there. Understandable under the circumstances. I sensed no leadership from players or coaches and, after the beginning of Game 1 when they were hitting and skating and still wound up trailing early, it was like "Let's get this over with." Plus, the Canes are a damn good team and they got terrific goaltending from both goalies.
    Oh I think they wanted to be there. You have to keep in mind that 11 of these kids were playing playoff hockey for the first time. Carolina was simply the better and more experienced team. Congrats to them...well deserved and I think they can definitely make a splash.

Bummer to have hockey back and just like that...gone The future looks bright for the Rangers though.

Good luck to all! Nice comeback by Colombus last night...

Oh I think they wanted to be there.
    I don't mean to argue, but I know what it looks like when somebody doesn't want to be somewhere. I've been married twice.

The eons are closing
    The round robin may last longer than the qualifying series