Page 304 of 402 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,600 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Go Bruins / Patriots / Sox / celtics
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Rask looking like the MVP of the playoffs right now. Sure, the lone goal last night was soft, but he's been playing out of his mind. Bruins looking very difficult to beat at this point...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

...also very strange to see Justin Williams play so undisciplined. Usually the playoff hero, he's let the pests get under his skin. Very surprising. I don't see any chance for a 'Canes comeback here...sadly.

Much tighter series in the West. I feel San Jose will squeak it out.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Cannot believe the no-call on the hand pass in OT...

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    San Jose Patriots
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    Yeah...that was really bad. Gotta move past it though.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    How do people put up with this shit...
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Why the hell is that non-reviewable? Guess that rule will change in the off season
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Why the hell is that non-reviewable? Guess that rule will change in the off season
    ...and that's the thing that killed me. The exact type of play that could and should be reviewable, isn't reviewable. Guess I just never noticed that before because most blantant hand passes are, you know, actually called.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Still haven't heard a good explanation on why its not reviewable. They can have a play that is offsides by an inch, play continues for a minute before a team scores. And then they review it.

I can hear it now, starting next year all OT goals are reviewable.

Do you think all 4 officials missed the hand pass, or they decided to swallow their whistles?

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    Still haven't heard a good explanation on why its not reviewable. They can have a play that is offsides by an inch, play continues for a minute before a team scores. And then they review it.

I can hear it now, starting next year all OT goals are reviewable.

Do you think all 4 officials missed the hand pass, or they decided to swallow their whistles?
    A hand pass that goes directly into the net is reviewable as it is explicitly included on the list of reviewable plays. A hand pass between teammates is not explicitly on the list, meaning that it isn't reviewable.

I honestly think all four refs missed the hand pass, which is beyond ridiculous.

Might as well just give the Cup to San Jose as the NHL seems bound and determined to give them the benefit of every odd call that could possibly be thought of. Can't review it, my ass. Fix it.

Also, am I wrong thinking the call against the Av's in game 7 should have been too many men on the ice? I know I'm nitpicking but that should have been called before the offsides call.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

I only caught one of the Canes/Bruins games but what the hell happened? The Canes looked real good in their 1st round, excellent in the sweep of the Isles. How did they get swept?

Gotta admit that he Bruins sweep of Carolina is a bit of a shock. Going in, while it wouldn't have been my prediction, I would have picked the opposite as more likely. Carolina had solid goaltending, and were playing well as a team. They weren't relying on any one player or line. Boston seemed so much more dependent on the play of one or two guys until Tuukka Rask found his groove. Going forward, if Rask continues on in this manner, and there's no reason to suspect that he won't, Boston should raise the Cup. The West winner (I'm picking San Jose) won't be able to dent Rask unless Boston wilts like Carolina.

7 wins in a row in the playoffs is impressive, no matter how you slice it.

Props to Williams for wearing the Hartford Whalers cap in post gem interviews. (Yeah, I'm all kinds of old school.)

I don't think any Boston fans are particularly surprised. Nobody around here gave the Whalercanes much thought, even with their victories over the Caps and Isles. We didn't see them as being nearly as challenging as the Leafs or Blue Jackets, and that assessment was right. Most around here felt the road to the Cup finals was pretty clear once Washington and Tampa Bay were out. Prior to that, no one felt the Bruins would get out of the second round, LOL!

Neither San Jose nor St. Louis will be a pushover. I agree, a lot will depend on how Rask plays and the Bruins continuing to get production from beyond that top line. But I could see a series against either of those teams going either way. I didn't expect the Bruins to get to the finals this year. They've proven to be an extremely resilient team, but I don't kid myself about their overall talent level. They're good, but they'll have to be at their very best to beat one of those remaining western teams, probably in a war of attrition.

We'll see how it goes. Sure would be nice to hoist three major sports trophies in a row in Boston. For Boston fans, that is.

Bill

Rask was the difference. He was incredible.

I personally think a great match-up would be Bruins/Blues. Very similar teams. San Jose seems to be getting all the luck though so we'll have to see. A Jumbo Joe return to Boston would be a cool story too.

Per usual, my interest is waning with every game. barely watched any of last night's... Bruins cup to lose at this point...The only thing I could see getting in their way is themselves. Maybe this break they are going to get awaiting their next opponent will cool them off. They have been gaining momentum because they have not had time to rest from one series to another. A week off may not necessarily be beneficial...

I'm surprised your interest is waning with the team you hate most still alive!

The eons are closing
    Did every team that swept a series get swept in next round?

If so, there is still hope left in these messed up playoffs!
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

^ No. CBJ lost, but they didn't get swept.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Gotta admit that he Bruins sweep of Carolina is a bit of a shock. Going in, while it wouldn't have been my prediction, I would have picked the opposite as more likely. Carolina had solid goaltending, and were playing well as a team. They weren't relying on any one player or line. Boston seemed so much more dependent on the play of one or two guys until Tuukka Rask found his groove. Going forward, if Rask continues on in this manner, and there's no reason to suspect that he won't, Boston should raise the Cup. The West winner (I'm picking San Jose) won't be able to dent Rask unless Boston wilts like Carolina.

7 wins in a row in the playoffs is impressive, no matter how you slice it.

Props to Williams for wearing the Hartford Whalers cap in post gem interviews. (Yeah, I'm all kinds of old school.)
    Been a weird playoff season to see teams going from sweeps to swept. Going with the sentimental pick of St Louis because, well they have never done anything in the playoffs before.

Nice seeing that old Whalers cap.

I have watched the Western playoffs and they are excellent. Took the Canes/Bruins mostly series off after the defeat of my Isles but I'm all in for the rest of the way.

Was that John Denver they were singing in St. Louis?

Did the organist play some ELP there?
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Blues statement game today.

Hopefully the Bruins get rusty while they wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I'm surprised your interest is waning with the team you hate most still alive!
    True... but will the Blues be able to beat them? I'm thinking the time off may play against Boston, but I could be dead wrong...

For the first 25 minutes there, I was believing....then the Bruins shook off the rust.

Boston in 5....Congratulations!