Page 368 of 402 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368369370371372378 ... LastLast
Results 9,176 to 9,200 of 10044

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Alls I got is a Leetch jersey and a red light/siren, but they are ready...as is my spot on the couch where I won't be moving from after puck drop. I mean I can't move...if I move the Pens will score. That's the law.
    I polished off an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby during the comeback on Wed nite so, as a dedicated fan, I am similarly equipped for Friday. The sacrifices one must make to support the team.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    The Leaf's history in the last 20 years isn't pretty but they came very close last night and their still in the race. The loss last night was a heartbreaker but they certainly challenged to bolts.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

We had theatre tickets for Saturday night - me/husband, brother/wife, and Mom. Note the word HAD. We've exchanged them for next Tuesday so we can watch the game on Saturday. We couldn't exchange them for the following Saturday because there MIGHT be a lacrosse playoff game that night.

Thank goodness my mother understands that our Dad raised a family of sports fanatics. It had better not be for nothing!!

GO LEAFS GO! If only to prove all the PE naysayers wrong.

Congratulations to the Florida Panthers for winning a playoff series for the first time since "Jumbo" Joe Thornton was a 16 year old rookie with the OHL's Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    GO LEAFS GO! If only to prove all the PE naysayers wrong.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Congrats, 'Canes fans.

We were robbed. If not for a bad penalty call in the 2nd and a goal called back we might have been going into OT. But what can you do? I'm proud of the Leafs for putting up a good fight against the defending champs.

I still have lacrosse playoffs. Round two starts tomorrow night. The Toronto Rock vs. The Buffalo Bandits, best of three series. GO ROCK GO!!!

Go Oilers!

The eons are closing
    For my Leafs friends here - your long suffering is felt in my heart.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    We were robbed. If not for a bad penalty call in the 2nd and a goal called back we might have been going into OT. But what can you do? I'm proud of the Leafs for putting up a good fight against the defending champs.

I still have lacrosse playoffs. Round two starts tomorrow night. The Toronto Rock vs. The Buffalo Bandits, best of three series. GO ROCK GO!!!
    Couldn't be any worse than what the officials did to the Caps in game four in overtime or the Rangers in game one.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Colorado v Nashville -> Avalanche

St. Louis v Minnesota -> Wild

Calgary v Dallas - > Flames

Edmonton v LA -> Oilers

Florida v Washington -> Panthers

Tampa v Toronto -> When There's Lightning

Rangers v Pens - > Blueshirts coz Mrs Shark hates Cindy more than any player

Boston v Canes. -> Canes

Gone 4-1 so far..... could go 7-1 - go Oilers, Flames.... and not Penguinos! [emoji2957]

Does everyone here hate the Penguins because they've been so good for so long? Is it a David vs Goliath thing? Just askin'.

The eons are closing
    This is a bit old but I had it bookmarked and it all stands still...

Crosby is often the source of backlash from non-Penguins fans of the NHL, much to the loss of comprehension from Pittsburgh.

How could anyone hate Crosby?

They must be jealous.

If the explanation was that, the same people who do not like Crosby would share an equal disdain for players such as Steven Stamkos, Jarome Iginla, Brad Richards, Eric Staal, Johnathan Toews, Claude Giroux or any other player who finds himself among the NHL's scoring leaders.

If jealousy was the reason behind disdain for Crosby, there would be just as many "Stamkos sucks!" chants erupting across the NHL as there are for Crosby.

There aren't.

Why Crosby is disliked by so many remains a simple concept; he's earned it.

Crosby is cheap.

In Game 3 of the 2010 Conference Quarterfinals against the Montreal Canadiens, Crosby took a dive that ignited a scrum. During the scrum, Crosby waited until a teammate became involved with Roman Hamrlik before cowardly punching Hamrlik in the head.

During another scrum involving the Atlanta Thrashers on December 18, 2008 Crosby waited for a teammate to get Boris Valabik down before throwing punches at him from behind.

In yet another cowardly act, Crosby’s second career fight featured him jumping an unsuspecting Brett McLean during a faceoff.

Crosby is a diver.

Along with these pathetic displays that show Crosby’s lack of courage are equally as embarrassing dives.

Faking in order to draw a powerplay is not only incredibly disrespectful to the integrity of the game, but embarrassing to one's own dignity.
    Advertisement
    Scroll to continue with content

Hockey is a sport meant to be characterized by hard work, tough play, speed and skill. When NHL hockey hits the ice, the players are meant to display the highest level of talent the sport can offer.

Fans attend games with hopes to see well-produced plays, eye-opening goals, hard hits and gritty action. Nobody pays hard-earned money to watch a grown man flail on the ice in order to earn an unfair advantage.

Nobody wants to see a sore loser who lacks respect for his opponents.

Crosby is just that.

After a regular season game against the Detroit Red Wings in the 2009-2010 season which the Penguins lost, Crosby took out his frustrations by cross-checking Henrik Zetterberg. Once the action escalated, Detroit’s Jimmy Howard had grabbed Crosby by the face.

Crosby received special treatment and was protected by both linesmen.

During a regular season game against the New York Rangers on November 29, 2010 Crosby tripped Ryan Callahan from behind. Callahan was penalized for interference despite being the victim of a slewfoot.

Crosby is a whiner.

In the second round of the 2009 playoffs, Pittsburgh played the Washington Capitals.

When Alex Ovechkin scored a hat trick in the second game of the series, Crosby asked a referee if he could have an announcement made for the fans to "stop throwing hats."

After decades of this hockey tradition taking place, Crosby suddenly felt he was too good to be on the short end of such a celebration.

This was one example of the many complaints Crosby is famous for.

In a 2009 player survey, he was voted as the league's whiniest player. Crosby alone received 52 percent of the votes; more than every other player in the NHL combined.

Again, that's more than half of the votes going for Crosby, less than half of them split among the other several hundred players in the league.

So, why is Sidney Crosby hated?

Crosby is a cheap, arrogant whiner who feels entitled to special treatment. For these reasons, many hockey fans will not miss the Pittsburgh Penguins captain in the 2011-2012 season if he is not ready to play.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nguins-captain

^ Interesting. Thanks.

My PE hockey friends: how are you feeling going into game 7? Everyone in their lucky seat and with their favorite beverages?

PE Member since 7/14/2001 rushfan's Avatar
    Being one of the few that did not go seven games in this series I am grateful (Blues). I hope there's enough left in the tank to at least compete against Colorado.

The eons are closing
    And the Party Rolls On!

The eons are closing
    6 - 1 in series calls now...

Let's go Flames!

Last edited by MudShark22; 05-15-2022 at 10:40 PM.

And the Party Rolls On!

Back when the home teams were sensisbly NOT wearing their away unis.

Plenty of free hockey tonight. Congrats to the Rangers and the Flames. Some Great games. To the victors comes another round. To the vanquished, welcome to the local golf course.

Ended up picking 6 out of 8, no thanks to the Wild and the other team the NY area 😁

PS - Watch out for McDavid. He played like he’s on a mission.
    Last edited by Tangram; 05-16-2022 at 02:05 AM.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Fucking cannot STAND that.......

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I'm old enough to remember when only road games were televised locally (I believe it was Channel 9 in NYC for Rangers games). So the only time I saw the team play as a kid, they were in the road blue sweaters. It was so unusual for me, and such a treat, when I got to see those classic white jerseys, either on the rare occasions I got to go to a game at MSG, or when a home game was on national TV.

And the Party Rolls On!

My aging heart can't take much more of this. Can't believe they pulled that comeback off...and they had to come back in each game! I definitely think Pitt was mostly the better team though. On to Carolina!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

The eons are closing
    Panthers over Lightning
    Hurricanes over Blueshirts
    Blues over Avalanche !!
    Flames over Oilers

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Tampa Bay in 7
    Carolina in 6
    St. Louis in 7
    Calgary in 7
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.