Page 9 of 402 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    What the hell was I thinking???
    Did you do this before Nashville re-signed Shea Weber?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Did you do this before Nashville re-signed Shea Weber?
    Ya, I guess they're a little thin on the blueline. And they have a certifiable nutbar in nets. Good luck with that!!!

The eons are closing
    Sh!t...just noticed that the Isles finish the season with 5 straight road games!! Doh!
    However, I read that the Isles have one of the fewest sets of 'back-to-back' games scheduled in the league.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Habs schedule is'road heavy' towards the end of the calendar as well... Not sure if that'll matter by then though.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

The NHL is reporting that Wade Redden was picked up by the Blues.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    The NHL is reporting that Wade Redden was picked up by the Blues.
    That was about 2 pages ago here. C'mon, stick with the program!

Sens have 2 long road trips because of the Women's Hockey Championship and the CIAA basketball championship (which my alma mater - Carleton University - has won in 8 of the past 10 years).

D'oh!

More recently, the Sharks signed Scott Gomez to a one year contract. What little chemistry that team had is now going to evaporate.

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    More recently, the Sharks signed Scott Gomez to a one year contract. What little chemistry that team had is now going to evaporate.
    That was about 1/2 a page ago.

What the hell happened to Gomez? I loved him with the Devils. Then . . . plooof. I hear the guy is kind of a dick. Is that true?
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing.

Can't say that I "loved" him with the Devils - truth be told, I hated him, but that's a testament to him as a player.

What makes him such a cancer now?

Hear we go first meeting between the Rangers and Flyers.....Wouldn't it be nice to see Philly at 0-4....

I'm thinking the Flyers will shock the world and actually win this one - without Hartnell, Schenn and Briere.

At least, that's what I'm hoping.

Congrats Scott your Flyers deserved to win that one!....Rangers offense needs help!

The eons are closing
    Isles down 3-1 to the lowly Leafs, kill off a 5 on 3 at the end of the 1st....then proceed to score 5 unanswered goals over the next 30 minutes.
    Good start to the 5 game road trip.

I guess that's it for the Leafs this year. The rest is all downhill.

Tough break losing Lupul for the rest of the season. Just after he signed a 5 year contract extension.

Lino
    Big time loss for Buds. They are weak up front and Lupol was their best all-around forward. They just gave him the A, and a new contract. I feel sorry for that kid, he's been plagued by freak injuries. That's life in the big shitty.
    This is going to be the new NHL in this shortened season...one night dominating the Pens, the next getting throttled by the Isles. Look at the Habs, they looked like the worst hockey team I ever saw in the NHL when they played the Leafs...since then have rebounded for 2 wins, including a dominating win over the Caps in DC.

Bummer about Lupul. Became a fan when he played for the Flyers and hated to see him go. And the Leafs certainly didn't want to lose him.

The eons are closing
    Lino: Could it be that the buds are more "relaxed' away from home (due to the hair-trigger temper of the home crowd)?

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    a dominating win over the Caps in DC.
    making the Caps the worst team in the NHL. OMG they suck. I hope Adam Oates doesn't get canned for this terrible start.

Watching the game from Sunrise FL last night - the entire lower bowl between the blue lines were empty. It looked like it was cordoned off for a hazmat crisis. According to the official stats, the Attendance was 15,634. What gives?

Attendance figures are usually "paid attendance," not a count of how many pass through the turnstiles.

The eons are closing
    Phlyers sign Knubel to 1-year deal as hartnell gets the 6-8 week injury prognosis.