Page 97 of 403 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 10059

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

I don't think he's worth the money either, but Vanek can be deadly with the right line mates. He can finish with the best of them. Seems to be a bit of a prima donna though.

Still a lot of Callahan rumors swirling here in NY. No idea where or for who (though Martin St. Louie has been mentioned or a possible deal with the Blues), but word is he won't be a Ranger by Thursday. Makes me sad because he's been my favorite player for a while. He's asking for too much money though and with the hard nose way he plays he's prone to injury.

We shall see...
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Still a lot of Callahan rumors swirling here in NY. No idea where or for who (though Martin St. Louie has been mentioned or a possible deal with the Blues), but word is he won't be a Ranger by Thursday. Makes me sad because he's been my favorite player for a while. He's asking for too much money though and with the hard nose way he plays he's prone to injury.

We shall see...
    As much as I respect and like St. Louis as a player, I'd hate to see the Rangers go down that "let's bring in another high-priced star past his prime" road again. I agree that Callahan is not worth the $ he's apparently asking for, but I'd much rather see them try to get someone closer in age than MSL. It's not like they're "one player away" from a Cup run.

I agree. Not only age, but he's small. If we're going to make the playoffs and hope to make a dent, I think some size would help. We'd never survive a 7 gamer with a team like the Bruins. Especially with losing the grittiest guy on the team.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post
    As much as I respect and like St. Louis as a player, I'd hate to see the Rangers go down that "let's bring in another high-priced star past his prime" road again.
    Yeah, that's a Flyers move!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

And the answer is - Christian Ehrhoff (Who scored the first goal once the NHL resumed after the Olympics?) of the Sabres, hosting the 'Canes; only game of the night.
    Edit- And a good one too! Sabres win with 44 ticks left on an "own goal" deflection.
    Last edited by Obscured; 02-26-2014 at 12:28 AM.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

So it seems that John Tortorella is still suffering from foot-in-mouth disease. He was quoted as saying that he was hoping that Sweden would beat Canada for the gold medal. I guess he forgot that he is coaching in Canada and everyone in Vancouver was cheering for their country's team, not the team that had a couple of Canucks. What a dope! Once again, he had be Mr. Contrite in front of the cameras and microphones:

“If I have insulted anybody, that certainly wasn’t my intention and I think all of you know that,” he said after practice Tuesday. “But it was a careless use of words and where I should be more cognizant. I want to clear that up.”

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014/...olympic-final/
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

that guy is a train wreck waiing to happen

DROP THE EFFIN' PUCK!!!

Habs were on a bit of a roll before the break. We had key players in the Olympics, including both goalies, so I don't know what sort of practices the team had during the break. Tough stretch to end the week: vs DET tonight, at PIT tomorrow, vs TOR Saturday...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Just got a notification Carey Price has a lower body injury and will miss the next too games. Does throwing up from drinking too much vodka count as a lower body injury?
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

I knew he wasn't going to be in net today, but I did not hear anything about any injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I knew he wasn't going to be in net today, but I did not hear anything about any injury.
    I got a notification from my NHL Game Centre app this morning that "Carey Price will not play next two games due to lower-body injury".

They're just saving him for the Leafs on Saturday!

They're just saving him for the Leafs on Saturday!
    Which I may have to miss. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Sabres win with 44 ticks left on an "own goal" deflection.
    And in back-to-back games, tonight they score with 50 ticks left to go and then win in the first 22 ticks of ot vs. Boston. Exciting action. So glad it's back!
    Rangers - B'hawks tomorrow..
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Which I may have to miss. Again.
    Saturday's dinner plans just got cancelled. Looks like I'll get to watch the game after all.

Habs stole a point yesterday! The were lethargic, but managed to score one with 0:28 left in the third....only to lose in OT.

Looks like Sean Avery finally found a job...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=444803

Rangers played a hell of a 59:45 tonight. Shame Talbot lost the shutout, lucky there wasn't another few seconds in the game as Chicago was swarming strong and just missed tying it at the end. Callahan played a strong game, hope he'll be around this time next week. 2 more games in the next 3 days. Grueling return.

Habs-pens was a very entertaining affair, though sloppily played on both sides... Habs have managed 3 points in 2 games without Price!

Leafs on Saturday! Downtown Montreal will be CRAWLING with Leaf shirts tomorrow!

Detroit really humiliated Ottawa last night. The played the night before winning in OT in Montreal and Ottawa only had 2 guys at the Olympics so they thought there might be an advantage. Uh uh. If Ottawa thinks that they deserve to be in the playoffs ahead of Toronto or Detroit, they need to go back to the disciplined structure they had before the break. Time is running short and trade deadline is Wednesday. Bryan Murray needs to think long and hard if he is going to be a buyer or a seller. Next up is the outdoor game in Vancouver on Sunday. Good tickets still available

Ryan Miller traded to the Blues for Halak ?? Good for him, he gets to compete with a team that can go deep in the playoffs. Bad for the Blackhawks, though that remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Ryan Miller traded to the Blues for Halak ??
    Both UFA's after this season, but a all-in move with the Note coughing up a 1st and 3rd round pick

It's Miller time, although Ott is also an interesting addition

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Leafs on Saturday! Downtown Montreal will be CRAWLING with Leaf shirts tomorrow!
    Saturday night, Penguins vs Blackhawks, outdoors, at Soldier Field ! 60,000 fans, 20,000 from out of town, should be a lot of excitement, local media is covering this like a blanket. Watching the NHL channel last night, there was a touching interview with Kris Letang. Also, this game will be the first time Crosby and Toews face each other in an NHL game. The dvr is set, as I'll be seeing PE's well-known Luis Nasser performing at a local club with his Sonus Umbra band, followed by his ELP tribute band.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Saturday night, Penguins vs Blackhawks, outdoors, at Soldier Field ! 60,000 fans, 20,000 from out of town, should be a lot of excitement, local media is covering this like a blanket.
    Looking forward to this too. Along with the media, Mother Nature will be covering it like a blanket...snow blanket that is! Only question is how heavy, and do they keep playing in freezing rain/snow/blizzard conditions.
    Right now watching Rangers-Philly matinee; Rangers get nada with b2b powerplays early and then Flyers take advantage soon after with 2 unanswered in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Looking forward to this too. Along with the media, Mother Nature will be covering it like a blanket...snow blanket that is! Only question is how heavy, and do they keep playing in freezing rain/snow/blizzard conditions.
    Right now watching Rangers-Philly matinee; Rangers get nada with b2b powerplays early and then Flyers take advantage soon after with 2 unanswered in a minute.
    A light snow has just started here in Chicago. The game should look awesome on tv !!