Page 90 of 403 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 10053

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    I would not be surprised if St. Louis ends up in Sochi as an injury replacement, whether it be for Stamkos or someone else who gets hurt between now and when the games begin.

Stamkos' leg should be pretty much healed by then, but will he risk his career and take a chance on breaking it again ? This is St.Louis last chance for the Olympics, and Stamkos' first.....

Wicked game winner from Nash -
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

<knocks wood> Rangers are playing with confidence now. PP is near the top of the league! When the hell was the last time I could come close to saying that??!! Dare I say, Dan Carcillo has been very solid on the 4th line. Very happily surprised.

Hank is still a little off though. There's flashes of him getting that swagger back, but not quite there yet.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Dare I say, Dan Carcillo has been very solid on the 4th line. Very happily surprised.
    Well, how do ya like that?

Go ahead, Klonker! Take your best shot!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

<knocks wood> Rangers are playing with confidence now. PP is near the top of the league! When the hell was the last time I could come close to saying that??!! Dare I say, Dan Carcillo has been very solid on the 4th line. Very happily surprised.

Hank is still a little off though. There's flashes of him getting that swagger back, but not quite there yet.
    Very aggressive start vs. Philly. 2-0, 2:42 in. Lovin' it!!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Watching the Rangers this year has gone from frustrating to fun. Vigneault system is flourishing especially with offense and power play. Haven't seen puck movement like this in a while.

Awesome game tonight and beating the Flyers makes it even sweeter

Yeah baby! Flyers resort to thug tactics because they were getting their asses kicked I love it.

Yeah baby! Flyers resort to thug tactics because they were getting their asses kicked I love it.
    I didn't watch the game at all - they were down 2-0 before I was even able to, and by that point, I had no interest.

But my Twitter feed was pretty disgusting, to be honest. I follow a bunch of Flyers fans (of course), and the main theme of conversation was that Wayne Simmonds should just kick Carcillo's ass. Really? THAT'S what you want out of this game? How about they get some freaking goals and maybe win the game?

Again, it can be frustrating being a Flyers fan....
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

My husband hates the Flyers for that exact reason. Historically they've been a bunch of bullies.

The Leafs/Devils game last night was the opposite! The commentators were talking about how the Devils didn't dress any of their thugs. Colton Orr (Leafs) was looking for a fight and couldn't find anyone willing to fight him. LOL! Good for the Devils, I say. At this point in the season you need to win games and have your best players on the ice to do that. The Devils didn't win, but they did get a point.

Yeah I agree with you guys. You all know by now I'm not against fighting, but not the useless, staged, WWF sideshows. Heat of the moment battles and protecting teammates is a different story. Dan Carcillo, pain in the ass that he is, single-handedly unraveled at least 5 players in that game last night. He eventually fought Luke Schenn and lost....that should have been it, but nope, Flyers forgot about the game. Everyone knows what Carcillo is about and shame on them for getting caught up in it. Especially Simmonds (who I like). The dude spent half the game goin after the guy. Good for us Ranger fans because he did what he does and it worked like a charm, but Philly looked stupid.

Personally, when Carcillo fought I thought it was asinine. It should have lifted Philly and was not a good time with us being up 3 goals. That's where Carcillo has rocks in his head. Other than that, he played a real good game.

Yeah I agree with you guys. You all know by now I'm not against fighting, but not the useless, staged, WWF sideshows. Heat of the moment battles and protecting teammates is a different story.
    Right - completely agree. It's an aggressive sport that isn't officiated very well. Tempers are going to boil over. No problem with that kinda stuff.

Personally, when Carcillo fought I thought it was asinine. It should have lifted Philly and was not a good time with us being up 3 goals. That's where Carcillo has rocks in his head. Other than that, he played a real good game.
    Agree again. Philly's "enforcer," Zac Rinaldo, did something similar a few games before against Montreal. Coincidentally enough, Rinaldo also had a goal in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Agree again. Philly's "enforcer," Zac Rinaldo, did something similar a few games before against Montreal. Coincidentally enough, Rinaldo also had a goal in that game.
    Yeah he's a good example too. You take the bad with the good with these guys though. Every team's got one. I love it because they add a lot of color to the game. Ya love 'em and love to hate 'em.

And one of many things I love and respect about this sport is that all of the yapping and fighting stays on the ice. All these guys off the ice are good humans

I agree but in his defense the way the Flyers were being beaten the were gonna initiate a fight before that game ended anyway so he might as well have gotten it over with but like you said the Flyers were 't satisfied with just that.

As I see it Carcillo couldn't of had a better night. Scoring the first goal of the game(which almost guaranteed retaliation), got into a scrap and most importantly came a way with a win!! He more than earned his money last night.

And one of many things I love and respect about this sport is that all of the yapping and fighting stays on the ice. All these guys off the ice are good humans
    An often-overlooked point. You never see the headlines with hockey players that you do with guys from other sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    An often-overlooked point. You never see the headlines with hockey players that you do with guys from other sports.
    So true with all of the big bad brawlers over the years I don't ever recall much of it ever being played out in the press.

Unless your Sidney Crosby

I'm not a big fan of fighting, but I have to admit, the fight between Colin Greening and Eric Nystrom on Saturday night was a dandy:

Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

As expected, Bryan Murray signed a 4 year contract extension with the Senators. He will remain as GM for 2 more years following this season and then assume the title of President of Hockey Operations for another 2 years. That will take him to age 75 which is getting kind of old. He's actually in great shape - physically and mentally - and if you believe that longevity is hereditary, his mother just died a few months ago. She was close to 100 years old.

His first order of business to was announce that he was in the market for a proven scoring forward or a power forward. He said that Ottawa's first rounder last year - Curtis Lazar - was not available. Lazar had a good showing in the World Junior Championships.

I would guess that all of following are available:

Colin Greening - in the top 5 in hits, but oh, his hands are like stone (and not from fighting)
    Eric Gryba and maybe Patrick Wiercioch - both have fallen down the depth chart this year
    Jean-Gabriel Pageau - last year's Hab-killer hasn't been able to establish himself this year
    Cory Conacher - he's had some good streaks and tries hard, but is not consistent enough to stay in the top 6 and he's too small and not defensively skilled enough to play on the third or fourth lines
    Milan Michalek - will be a UFA at the end of the year, but hasn't scored enough to have much trade value. His knees are in pretty bad shape too.

There are a couple of former NHL'ers in the AHL that are available but again, they don't have any trade value. They will end up being cut loose when their contracts expire and they will shop themselves around. I'm thinking of Jim O'Brien and Stephane DaCosta.

Ottawa gave up their first rounder this year to Anaheim in the Bobby Ryan trade. I think they have a couple of picks in the second round.

There were some rumours that Ottawa was trying to get Michael del Zotto from the Rangers, but I think that's no longer the case, due to the emergence of Cody Ceci.

So it's pretty slim pickings but I would guess Ottawa only wants an impending UFA to help get them over the hump.

Who do you figure is trade bait on your team?
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    There were some rumours that Ottawa was trying to get Michael del Zotto from the Rangers, but I think that's no longer the case, due to the emergence of Cody Ceci.
    Yes, there were heavy rumors about that here to for a bit. Fizzled out though. I still think MDZ gets moved, but not in a deal with OTT. Scouts were in COL recently. Who knows. MDZ's value has dropped though he has been better the last few games.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    You get to beat up on us this Saturday Ken! I better have something else to watch as I'll probably give up after the first period. That's one thing about me and hockey, I will not agonize for an entire 60 minutes if things look bleak. I stuck it out for 2 periods yesterday but I knew the Habs were toast so I curled up in bed with a book instead of watching the 3rd period. I get all 82 Habs games on TV for 2.50/month, so I can be choosy.
    For Magog's birthday Saturday night, we met at his local bar, watched the game with Uncle Norm and others. Magog told me he is going to a few Blackhawks games next month. And since the Blackhawks were in your city, I bought Magog these fine Montreal beers.

bottle_la_fin_du_monde_.jpg bottle_la_maudite.png

http://www.unibroue.com/en/unibroue/history

He was able to drown his sorrows with them...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Thank goodness the housecleaning is underway in Edmonton. I just wish the Oilers could get a team to cover even a fraction of Hemsky's outrageous contract and get him out of town.

They were talking about potential UFA pickups for the Senators on the radio this morning. The three guys they mentioned were Moulson, Camalleri and Hemsky. The thinking is that Jason Spezza needs a trigger man like when he was feeding Heatley to successive 50 goal seasons.

None of them thought that Hemsky would be a very good fit.

He's there now. First time Rangers shutout Detroit since 1976.

Moulson will be available as a UFA? The guy was a Hab killer when he was with the Isles. Maybe we should look at signing him. The team is owned by MOLSON after all!

How To Steal Two Points:

STEP 1- Put Price in net....

I can't believe the Habs managed to get 2 points last night! They looked like they were playing a man short the entire game! I thought somebody had been given a red card in the first period!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Moulson is a good player. I remember him well with the Isles. He's awesome down low especially on the PP. Get's a ton of dirty goals, but can snipe too.

Last nights Ranger/Red Wing game was hockey at it's finest. End to end action, over 70 SOG, amazing goaltending and an edge. One of those games where both teams played so evenly it was going to be won by a lucky bounce. And that's exactly what happened...for the Rangers