Page 7 of 402 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rushfan View Post
    What a start to the season for the Blues. 6-0 over the Wings - 4 power play goals including 2 goals by the rookie Tarasenko. Trying not to get too hyped up over one game but they looked good tonight.
    Yea, I can't decide if the Blues were that good, or the Red Wings were that bad. The Wings came out totally flat footed and never got into the game. It could be a long / short season if they continue to play like that. The Blues did look awsome.

Steve Sly

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Theo you could get and give up the least. FLA is a much better team. If you could get Henrik, you'd have THE best Fantasy goalie, but you'll have to give up some heavies for sure. Smith is at the top of the stack too.
    He wants wingers, and I've got quite a few. I was thinking of packaging two of these guys to try and get Smith or Henrik: St. Louis, Dustin Brown, Eberle, David Clarkson, Alfredsson. I think I'd be ok with any three of those guys starting. Voucoun is available, but the other two guys aren't.
    Don't be so down on Brodeur man. Devils are good and he doesn't let much in.
    I've spent my entire hockey fan life admiring and cheering for Brodeur. I'm just afraid he's going to split a lot of time with Hedberg.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I think with those players you'll more likely get Smith. IMO Henrik would take more than that. I'd hold on to Clarkson. He netted 30 last year plus will get you a lot of PIMs. Scord last night actually!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I offered him Brown and Alfredsson for Smith. I'll see what he says. I'd be willing to give St. Louis for either of those guys if he rejects. Yeah, I don't want to give up Clarkson. He had a lot of goals last year but very little assists. I'm hoping with Parise gone, Clarkson will step up his game. Thanks for the advice, man. I've played lots of fantasy football and baseball (even won a championship last year in my baseball league), but this is the first time I'm really investing myself in fantasy hockey. There are a lot of players in the league whom I know nothing about.

Dumb question:

The Flyers just had a goal disallowed on a very marginal "goaltender interference" call. However, the offending player did not go to the penalty box - no penalty was called.

Can someone explain how this works? The player interfered enough to disallow the goal, but not enough to call a penalty?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I was wondering about that, too.

It's not a penalty because the interference was unintentional. That was a bad call though. Definitely not interference.

These goalie interference calls drive me crazy. The goalies leave the crease and they should be fair game.

Blues score 6 in honor of Stan

Mint

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

It's not a penalty because the interference was unintentional.
    Then it should have been a goal.

The goalies leave the crease and they should be fair game.
    Absolutely agree. Once they're out of the paint, they're just another player with a ton of padding. Fair game for a huge hit, IMO.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Goddamn, the Flyers got hosed today.

Two goals not allowed, both of which should have counted, and a horrible penalty that led to a goal.

Grrrr.

These goalie interference calls drive me crazy. The goalies leave the crease and they should be fair game.
    I've always thought that too.

That's how it works in Lacrosse. If the goalie leaves the crease, he's fair game. If he's in the crease, he's protected.

Quote Originally Posted by rushfan View Post
    What a start to the season for the Blues. 6-0 over the Wings - 4 power play goals including 2 goals by the rookie Tarasenko. Trying not to get too hyped up over one game but they looked good tonight.
    Give Tarasenko the Calder Cup right now!! Those two goals were amazing!

Plus Jaroslav Halak got the shutout... all good!

Why was I looking forward to hockey again??

Habs looked anemic offensively...again. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post

I can totally relate!

Habs looked anemic offensively...again. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...
    I love when you speak French to me.

How difficult would it be too put the Jets in the NW division? Move Minnesota to the central, Nashville to the SE and there you go. That travel schedule can't be good for the team.

Two very lacking games from the Rangers. Not a great start. Even more disturbing was Lundqvist unjustly getting pulled in the second game of the season One of the few bright spots however was how Nash uses his size and drives to the net with the puck. Hopefully he will be doing more of that and banging in many more.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I love when you speak French to me.
    I speak French all the time while watching hockey...it's just mostly cursing though!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

How do you say "jiggle my nuts and call me, Thor" in French?

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    How difficult would it be too put the Jets in the NW division? Move Minnesota to the central, Nashville to the SE and there you go. That travel schedule can't be good for the team.
    Realignment was being thrown about last season and was set to change this year but with the CBA stuff going on all that got thrown out the window by the NHLPA.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl,wp19063

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...014526165.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator1634 View Post
    Two very lacking games from the Rangers. Not a great start. Even more disturbing was Lundqvist unjustly getting pulled in the second game of the season One of the few bright spots however was how Nash uses his size and drives to the net with the puck. Hopefully he will be doing more of that and banging in many more.
    Torts pulled Hank because he thought it was unfair to leave him out there to the wolves. Not because of his play. He wasn't getting any help.

Yeah, lookin' pretty sloppy in the first two games. You can clearly see they need some time to mesh with new faces. Problem is, there aint much time!

Nash is the real deal though!

Lino
    The only positive I saw in the Leafs win over the Habs is that it is entirely possible that there MAY be one team worse than the Leafs this year...the Habs. That in itself is indeed very satisfying, but right now, I'm pretty sure there are some AHL teams that are better than the Habs (and the Leafs for that matter).
    I expect the high flying Sabres to come in and wallop us tonight.

The Ottawa sports radio guys were making fun of the Habs. They said they had more talent in the management suite than in the dressing room. Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Blame Donald Fehr and the NHLPA. The league tried to realign the league for better travel and the union denied the request. This was in the lead up to the work stoppage. Not sure if they will try again at the next round of GM meetings.

Edit:

Ooops - didn't see Brian's reply. (Still catching up on the thread.)