Page 79 of 402 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 10029

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    It's really hard to be a Flyers fan these days....
    SIGH...

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    'cause ties are like kissing your sister.
    Yep.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    'cause ties are like kissing your sister.
    So you're saying that you don't want to see me make out with my sister? Men are so confusing.

I'm off to the Leafs/Devils game tonight.

GO LEAFS GO!!!

Another gorgeous woman? Sure.

Your sister? Umm...yuck.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Rangers offense finally kicking in feeling a lot better about there potential this year. Kreider really showing some of the skills that were expected of him last year. Can someone explain how the playoffs will work this year for each conference.

Vinny, lots of rumblings I'm hearing about the possibility of a trade with EDM. Del Zotto's name has been bounced around. Lowe and Messier were at a few of our games at MSG. I hope it doesn't involve Hemsky.

Rangers seem to be adjusting to life without Nash finally. Looks like all the lines seem to be coming together. On the fence still with Pouliot though. Very inconsistent. And it looks like Pyatt (who I could live without) may be out with a head injury? Anyway, I like what I'm starting to see!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

And here's how playoffs will work...

"The Stanley Cup Playoffs will still consist of 16 teams, eight in each conference, but it will be division-based and a wild-card system has been added.

The top three teams in each division will make up the first 12 teams in the playoffs. The remaining four spots will be filled by the next two highest-placed finishers in each conference, based on regular-season points and regardless of division. It will be possible, then, for one division to send five teams to the postseason while the other sends three.

The seeding of the wild-card teams within each divisional playoff will be determined on the basis of regular-season points. The division winner with the most points in the conference will be matched against the wild-card team with the fewest points; the division winner with the second-most points in the conference will play the wild-card team with the second fewest points.

The teams finishing second and third in each division will play in the first round of the playoffs. The winners of each series will play for berths in the conference championship series.

The winners of the conference championships advance to the Stanley Cup Final."

I agree with you on your assessment of the players you touched on.

DZ has rebounded, although 2 scary turnovers last night, but still playing more confidently. A defenseman afraid to make a mistake can definitely be a recipe for disaster, and that is what he appeared for a while.

Pouliot has made some nice plays, and some key plays, but he does show why he has never achieved the level his draft position envisioned. No consistency, moves in and out of the team concept.

Pyatt, I feel bad, but when I heard he was injured, the first thing I thought was "thats like gaining a player". A jerky thing to think but he shows me nothing game in game out. Another top draft pick that never panned out.

I would like to see a commitment to Miller on the Brassard line for a little while. He needs to become more consistent, but he will show nothing skating with the 4th line. His game involves utilizing his linemates, and a pass to Pyatt or Dorsett does not often return to you.

They have looked better. I am encouraged.

I enjoy watching Talbot. It is nice to see a goalie absorb the puck for a faceoff. Again, against the Penguins, Henrik made incredible save after incredible save, but it was because he kept giving up rebounds. Granted they start Talbot against the weaker teams, but it is nice to see teams come in and take one shot and the Rangers either control the rebound or have a faceoff. King Henrik's games seem to be a chinese fire drill in the defensive zone some times. But he still is fantastic.

Totally agree, Franc. Henrik is amazing, but one knock on him (other than his awful puck handling skills) is leaving rebounds. Talbot has been a great surprise. I had the same thoughts when Pyatt went out of course his health is most important, but as you said "that's like gaining a player". I will say that Pyatt is pretty good along the walls. Who comes in for him? Mashinter? Do they call someone up like Kristo or Yogan? Hmm...

If I had my way, i'd love to see a player like Wayne Simmonds here. We have a lot of grit, but could use some extra punch in the toughness dept. I think a player like Simmonds, who has skills, would definitely create some space for guys such as JT Miller to really show what they can do.

By the way, I also think Boyle has been fantastic.

Ilya Bryzgalov is now an Oiler. Panthers fire Dineen.

I've decided that hockey needs more 4-on-4 time. Just came back from the Leafs/Devils game and the 5 minutes of OT was the most exciting part of the game. 4-on-4 is way more exciting to watch than 5-on-5!

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Ilya Bryzgalov is now an Oiler.
    Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I've decided that hockey needs more 4-on-4 time.
    Definitely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I've decided that hockey needs more 4-on-4 time. Just came back from the Leafs/Devils game and the 5 minutes of OT was the most exciting part of the game. 4-on-4 is way more exciting to watch than 5-on-5!
    That OT was awesome. And that was one hell of a sweet goal by Kessel.

That OT was awesome. And that was one hell of a sweet goal by Kessel.
    Not such a sweet goal by Bernier though.

If I had my way, i'd love to see a player like Wayne Simmonds here. We have a lot of grit, but could use some extra punch in the toughness dept. I think a player like Simmonds, who has skills, would definitely create some space for guys such as JT Miller to really show what they can do.

By the way, I also think Boyle has been fantastic.

I agree on Simmonds. Who was the last tough guy / agitator the Rangers had that could also play? Messier? Someone like a Simmonds or dare I say, Clarkson would be a fantastic fit. Dorsett is a very nice player who will not back down from anyone, but if you pulled the opposition goalie every time he came on the ice, he would still be hard pressed to score 15 goals. Every time we play the Flyers, my sons and I talk about how great Simmonds would look in a Rangers' jersey.

Boyle took a couple of games to get going, but he has been a difference maker the past few games.

Lastly, I would call up Bickell and play him on the wing. I prefer the hockey to the fighting, but it would be nice to have someone on the roster to scare the crap out of the other team's tough guys.

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

A Saturday night and the Rangers are not on to watch. What a let down.

Probably watch Blue Jackets and Islanders.

However will be flipping over to the Blues & Penguins, Lightning & Red Wings and Maple Leafs & Bruins.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangershockey7 View Post
    Lastly, I would call up Bickell and play him on the wing. I prefer the hockey to the fighting, but it would be nice to have someone on the roster to scare the crap out of the other team's tough guys.
    Stu's got a lot of heart, but man he is a train wreck on defense So yeah, if he came up, wing should be the spot. We do have Dylan Mcilrath who I'm impatiently waiting for to join the club. Shades of Beukeboom with this kid, but he's taking a while. As tough as they come. Oh how I'd love to have a tandem again like Beuk and Leetch. We just don't have that angry D man to clear the crease.

^^^ Man, what a classic matchup, and there were many more. I have mixed memories of Domi's time as a Leaf. Sometimes you had to turn a blind eye when he played a bit more on the dirty side.

Anyone here see the documentary "The Last Gladiators"? My wife taped it for me a few months back and I really enjoyed it. Chris Nilan may be a meathead, but he sure is an honest guy. Plenty of Probert stories in there as well.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    ^^^ Man, what a classic matchup, and there were many more. I have mixed memories of Domi's time as a Leaf. Sometimes you had to turn a blind eye when he played a bit more on the dirty side.

Anyone here see the documentary "The Last Gladiators"? My wife taped it for me a few months back and I really enjoyed it. Chris Nilan may be a meathead, but he sure is an honest guy. Plenty of Probert stories in there as well.
    Thanks ! have 20 discs of fights from montreal - bruins to date.I don't support violence.though.

That fight was the much anticipated rematch of this one...

...and I was actually at this game with my Dad and brother.

I haven't seen "The Last Gladiators" but think you are right,these times of real gladiators are gone.

Rob Ray (Sabres) - Steve Webb (Islanders)

That fight was the much anticipated rematch of this one...

...and I was actually at this game with my Dad and brother.
    OMG.Respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Modry Effekt View Post
    I haven't seen "The Last Gladiators" but think you are right,these times of real gladiators are gone.
    Try and see it if you can, it's a very interesting documentary. It doesn't focus so much on fighting as it does on the fighters themselves and the repercussions in their lives. A lot of them are not happy people at ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Try and see it if you can, it's a very interesting documentary. It doesn't focus so much on fighting as it does on the fighters themselves and the repercussions in their lives. A lot of them are not happy people at ALL.
    Of course not.Marty Mcsorley looked like a real humble friendly person on a document.