Page 77 of 403 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 10054

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Yikes, Isled get Tomas Vanek for Matt Moulson and some picks. Vanek playing with Tavares scares the shit out of this Ranger fan!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Brave73 View Post
    French commentary but worth watching for the ovation Saku Koivu received last night (since it could have been his last game in Montreal).

Thanks.It's a emotional watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangershockey7 View Post
    Afraid my favorite player, Dubinsky is heading for a hearing. High hit on Koivu today.

One clip looks bad for Dub, but the reverse angle made it look clean. Hope Koivu is OK, and I hope Dubi doesn't get suspended.

Since he went to the Jackets, I'm their biggest fan outside of Ohio. Watch them every chance I get on Center Ice.
    Great clean hit !

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Yikes, Isled get Tomas Vanek for Matt Moulson and some picks. Vanek playing with Tavares scares the shit out of this Ranger fan!
    Yeah, that's an interesting move.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I may have just watched the worst officiated game of all time

That interference call on Kreider when the two Canadians ran into each other was just one of a few pretty bad calls. And that goal was questionable as well.

So here I am in Edmonton on business and realized that the Leafs are in town playing the Oilers tomorrow. I have a work commitment and can't go to the game. the funny thing is, I almost packed a Leafs sweatshirt and then changed my mind at the last minute. Now I have no game and no shirt to wear. I'm sad.

That game was ugly beyond the officiating though. Habs put in their no 2 goalie, leave their offense at home, and shut out the Blue Shirts on the day of the grand re-opening of MSG. Gonna be a long year for ya, Klonk!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    That game was ugly beyond the officiating though. Habs put in their no 2 goalie, leave their offense at home, and shut out the Blue Shirts on the day of the grand re-opening of MSG. Gonna be a long year for ya, Klonk!
    Budaj didn't play like a backup. A couple of his saves were spectacular. Doesn't alter the fact that the Rangers pop-gun offense has been just horrific so far this season. They've had more jump in the last couple of games which is encouraging, and Hagelin should be back soon, but it looks like more of the same old stuff: Maybe get a couple goals and then hoping Henrik can win it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    indeed my friend. Indeed. You definitely have our number though. We just can't score against you bastards!

I still think when healthy we're going to be a good team.

Pisses off this Isles fan if they don't sign him because the Isles are not one scorer away from a Cup run this year, and it would cost the Isles a first and second round pick for a rental. Yes, Vanek is better than Moulson, but if this turns into a rental, it's Ryan Smyth all over again. The real need on the Island is a defenseman or two. Now if we can sign Vanek and Moulson,... Sorry I was dreaming.

I guess the Isles will have to take it out on the Rangers tonight. That'll make me feel better!

PS - Unless they moved Tavares to Buffalo last night when nobody was looking, an imposter not named Matt Moulson, who supposedly can only play with JT, had a pair of goals for Buffalo. Good Luck to MM, think about coming back after the season.

Got home just in time to see Rangers score 2 to beat Isles 3-2.
    Aaaaaaaaaaannnnnddddd.....some good ole fashioned '70s brawlin'
    (Glad I missed last night's home opening stinker.)

edit-seems I missed some great action in the 2nd:
    Last edited by Obscured; 10-29-2013 at 11:52 PM.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Habs win another ugly one last night. I have actually fallen asleep during the 3rd period of our last two games!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Colorado trades Steve Downie to the Flyers for Max Talbot

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Great...now the entire eastern conference has to keep their heads up. He's actually a good player though. Dirty, but can put up points. Didn't he start in Philly?

Happy with another win last night, but with the exception of Ryan Miller, Buffalo is not a good team. I hate to say that because I've always pulled for them, but it's ugly.

If Kreider continues to play like he has the last two games, this kid is on his way to being a premier power forward in the NHL!

The month of October was not kind to the Ottawa Senators. Admittedly, they had a tough schedule facing the Sharks and the Ducks twice. But they are a dysfunctional team right now. The lines are a hodge-podge from period to period. The stars have been OK but not playing like stars. The goaltending has been average and nothing like it was last year. Of course, the goalies are seeing a barrage of 40+ shots every night.

The biggest highlight was a sound beating of the Red Wings in Detroit, but other than that, they have been few and far between. Here's hoping the lighter schedule in November is kinder to them, but in reality, they are going to have to beat some of the teams that are ahead of them within the division, starting tonight against the Islanders.

And to make matters worse - I've fallen to fourth place in the office fantasy pool, 22 points behind the leader. My goalies are killing me - Braden Holtby and the ever enigmatic Brian Elliot. Of course there's always the notion that you get what you pay for!

Great...now the entire eastern conference has to keep their heads up. He's actually a good player though. Dirty, but can put up points. Didn't he start in Philly?
    Yes, he did. That's where he got his first suspensions.

We're so proud of him.

Actually, the Flyers fanbase is pretty much split down the middle on the deal. Those of us who don't still pine for "Broad Street Bullies" thuggery and actually want to win games fucking hate the deal.

Blues win!

The Caps win 7-0, Flyers goon it up at the end in a line brawl goalies (of which Holtby wanted no part of) included, Downie in his first game back is concussed, Lecavelier hurt as well...

and somehow Ray Emery gets 3rd star of the game! Way to make yourselves look like champs Philly!! Unbelievable

No comments on Avs goalie, Varlamov? Kidnapping/Domestic assault charges. What the hell?!

3 in a row for Rangers and they look damn good. There's no place like home! Yeah, yeah, let's forget about the opener.
    Stepan Hat Trick!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

With all due respect, you guys (Rangers fans, etc) have no idea what "it's gonna be a long season" really means . . . . . . . . . . .
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Reginod View Post
    With all due respect, you guys (Rangers fans, etc) have no idea what "it's gonna be a long season" really means . . . . . . . . . . .
    I hear ya and hope it's not heading that way. I'm not buying it yet. It's to early there's enough talent there to hopefully turn it around. I'm even in the process of buying tickets to a couple of games this month. At the very least I can check out the renovated garden

The Caps win 7-0, Flyers goon it up at the end in a line brawl goalies (of which Holtby wanted no part of) included, Downie in his first game back is concussed, Lecavelier hurt as well...

and somehow Ray Emery gets 3rd star of the game! Way to make yourselves look like champs Philly!! Unbelievable
    As a Flyers fan, I'm embarrassed and angry about this.

However, they and Emery redeemed themselves a little tonight.

Haha.

Well the Mayor may smoke crack in his basement, but at least the Leafs aren't down in the basement ... unlike the Flyers.