Page 75 of 403 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 10055

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    As much as he's been killing me in the pool, I pulled into second place over the weekend, behind by a single point. Now, if only Michael del Zotto can get off the "schneid", all my players except Brian Elliot will be on the board. This is my first pool in which we have to stay under the cap. It was a very interesting exercise trying to find those underpaid gems in the rough.
    Del Zotto has been a HUGE disappointment so far. Talented kid, but his decision making is horrendous.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Brave73 View Post
    Scary stuff. Lapierre has always been a piece of shit. Hope Boyle is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Devils and Buffalo are still winless. Who breaks the streak first?
    Well, Devils are leading the league in OT losses ...
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Lundquist shuts out the Caps! Win #2 for team NYR.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Rangers looked awesome tonight. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come.

Meanwhile up in the frozen north, the Leafs wankers are planning the ticker tape parade again

Just scored a free ticket to the Flyers/Penguins tonight. Either going to be completely fired up or massively deflated.

C'mon, boys, gimme a good game!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Have a great time either way Scott!

Great...Now Callahan is out again. This time for 3-4 weeks with a broken thumb. <slaps forehead>

<<Double forehead slap>>

I'd just moved him off of fantasy IR and into my lineup . . . . . . . . .
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

I'm a week late but I found some footage of Temmu's final game in Winnipeg last week.

The Leafs lost. Cancel the parade.

Actually, they lost to a freak goal. I can't find a short video clip, just a 4 minute hightlight reel. You can watch it here, just skip to about the 3:25 mark. http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/rec...navid=sb:recap. I don't know why that wasn't an icing call.

Good come back by the home state 'Canes, then. I had to go to be at 9:00. The game was 2-1 at that point. Since they're the only show in town (virtually) with no NHL Network, I've been following them and enjoying what I've seen.

Definitely beats following the still winless Devils . . .
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Habs win ugly. They jumped out to a 3-0 first period lead, then, in true Bell Centre fashion, they slept through the second period and let the jackets get right back in the game! A couple of late goals gave them a 5-3 win. Their 4th in a row.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Habs win ugly. They jumped out to a 3-0 first period lead, then, in true Bell Centre fashion, they slept through the second period and let the jackets get right back in the game! A couple of late goals gave them a 5-3 win. Their 4th in a row.
    I could have written the exact same thing about Ottawa over NJD, except the Devils only scored 2. Anderson made a couple of brilliant saves - a paddle save in particular. Brodeur looked old and tired. Sorry to see it because he was the best for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    Brodeur looked old and tired. Sorry to see it because he was the best for a very long time.
    Arguably Of course I'm a bit of a hater here, but while he was indeed a great goalie, his numbers were also largely a product of that infamous Devil defense. Especially in regards to shut-outs.

Hey Brian, what's your take on Seth Jones and Eakins so far? Just curious.

Brodeur's father passed on a few weeks back. He was almost as big a celeb as his son round these parts. He was a sports photographer for decades at our biggest newspaper. Martin got to meet all the Habs greats growing up because of his old man. I'm sure that played a large part in Martin's career chioce.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Scary stuff. Lapierre has always been a piece of shit. Hope Boyle is ok.
    Did he died? You always know an NHL clip is good when it includes the word "melee".

I haven't bothered to say this yet this season, but perhaps I should make it an annual pronouncement.

Just for the record, I. Hate. Shootouts.

Two games tonight, two shootouts. What a f%*#in' cheat.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Arguably Of course I'm a bit of a hater here, but while he was indeed a great goalie, his numbers were also largely a product of that infamous Devil defense. Especially in regards to shut-outs.
    I'm not going to debate you, as I am big time Jacques Lemaire hater. Some of the worst games I ever started to watch (rarely finished) were against the Devils.

But you can't deny that Bradeur was an unbelievable puck handler. So much so, that the league had to institute the trapezoid (or as our p-b-p guy calls it - The Forbidden Zone!). Give the guy his due, Klonk.

Totally agree there and I'll always give him his due! His puck handling changed the game. He was a 3rd defenseman. Like I said, he was definitely a great goalie, but when your team limits shots on goal to 20 or less every game, for many years, it certainly benefits your goalie Especially when it comes to the shut-outs.

Some footage from the Swedish Hockey League over the past few days... the best way for a referee to restrain a player? Put him in a guillotine choke hold!

Hat Trick for Kessel tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Hat Trick for Kessel tonight!
    Good thing too, or they'd have lost 2-1.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Can't wait for the Habs to go back out on the road! They suck at the Bell Centre!!