Page 6 of 403 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

The eons are closing
    re: DiPietro
    The Isles are just being dumb(er) now. Ricky is slated to start the season as the backup when he should be 'buried' like Gomez et al., to avoid gettin hurt and f**king up the summer buyout possibility.

Isles should bring up Poulin or Nilsson and let them get seasoning behind Nabokov.

EDIT: A more frightening possibility is that to avoid placing an injured Ricky on the LTIR list; that they carry his injured ass as roster active and bring up the 3rd goalie...thereby shorting the team a healthy player for the remainder of the season so that they can still 'buyout' Ricky per the rules.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

I am so weak (hangs her head in shame).

My boss shares season tickets with a group and when there are tickets that can't be used, he will offer to sell them to me...and I always bite. He offered me tickets to a game today. I can't go because I have an exam that night. But I would have jumped at them if I could have.

I hate myself.

Lino, my husband is right there with your pool buddies. He doesn't want to get sucked in, but it's happening. The only thing keeping him from joining his friends at the pub to watch the game on Saturday night is that we have lacrosse tickets. Otherwise he (and I) would be there wearing our jerseys and joining in the festivities.

The eons are closing
    I already have Isles tix (my 5 year old son and I) for Feb 18th 1pm game vs Phlyers @ Nassau.

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    yea, I did mean 2012. Time flies when you are unbeaten in so long.
    Too much "Hawkwind", methinks.

The NHL and NHLPA have agreed to accelerated buyouts so Gomez and Redden will be on the market (what little market there might be for them) by the end of this week, provided they clear waivers.

The eons are closing
    Just read that...Hear that Wang / Garth??!!! Buy Ricky Out Now!

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Scott Gomez is a problem that the new Habs front office inherited from the old regime <snip> They will then buy him out and he'll be an unrestricted free agent. Doesn't sound like he's getting screwed to me. His performance since coming over has screwed the Habs!
    ESPN is reporting Gomez is also on waivers like Redden with the intention of cutting ties now before he hurts himself

You know what? I would not be completely shocked if Wade Redden ends up in Ottawa for his last hurrah. The Sens are very thin on defence this year and might be able get some mileage out of him. He left town on good terms and it was when he went to New York that his game went shockingly downhill.

Yeah, it was instant downhill. After signing that ridiculous contract, he just kind of went through the motions on the ice. Seemed like there was no passion left. No Ranger fan was happy with the contract, but we were optimistic about him coming here. What a disappointment. Same with obviously Gomez and Drury. Though Drury was a gamer who always gave his all untill injuries did him in. Since then Sather has made some great moves.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

An article in the local paper this morning poo-pooed the idea of the Senators picking up a UFA veteran defenseman for now. There are a few out there, but none of them have much left in the tank with the possible exception of Chris Campoli. He doesn't have physical issues, just intellectual ones.

The eons are closing
    FYI

Key dates for the upcoming 2012-13 National Hockey League season.

January 19 - Regular season opens with 13 games, including the defending Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings at home against the Chicago Blackhawks.

April 3 - Trade deadline

April 27 - Last day of regular season

April 30 - Stanley Cup playoffs begin

June 28 - Last possible day for Stanley Cup finals

June 28-29 - 2013 NHL Draft at Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey

July 5 - Free agency opens

Lino, that streak ends on Saturday! Go Habs!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Bye bye Wade!

Yikes. St. Louis is really taking a flyer (no pun intended) on him.

Okay. Why TF does NBC think I really give a shit about the Kings getting their rings and raising their banner?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

And Crosby draws the first BS penalty of the season.

For those in the US that might be interested...NHL Center Ice is currently only 50 bucks for the entire season. Shortened season or not that's a sweet deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Okay. Why TF does NBC think I really give a shit about the Kings getting their rings and raising their banner?
    You should give your local NBC affiliate a call and tell them to let corporate know that they have to (HAVE TO) consult with you about their programming choices. I'm sure they'll get in touch with you about their NHL coverage as well as other pressing matters like whether or not to renew 'Whitney' for another season.

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    You should give your local NBC affiliate a call and tell them to let corporate know that they have to (HAVE TO) consult with you about their programming choices. I'm sure they'll get in touch with you about their NHL coverage as well as other pressing matters like whether or not to renew 'Whitney' for another season.
    I can straighten that network out.

If Twitter is any indication, everyone in the Philly area was irate about this. The local NBC affiliate has been advertising for a while that the Flyers open @3:00 on NBC. So, tune in at 3:00 and see the Kings raise the Cup, get their rings, raise their banner, etc. Then 3:30 rolls around, and they start showing the Kings/Blackhawks game. A quick check of any available resource online - NHL.com, Flyers website, local NBC affiliate website - all say the game will be shown at 3:00.

Finally, they break to the Flyers/Pens game at about 3:40. Great marketing there, NBC.

HEY!

Why the hell aren't the fantasy stats updating?

Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

didn't take long for scottbails to start bitchin' n moanin!

PE Member since 7/14/2001 rushfan's Avatar
    What a start to the season for the Blues. 6-0 over the Wings - 4 power play goals including 2 goals by the rookie Tarasenko. Trying not to get too hyped up over one game but they looked good tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    didn't take long for scottbails to start bitchin' n moanin!
    Man, I was freaking out when I couldn't find that game on TV!

And all that to see a 3-1 loss!

Well, the best thing about this season is that we won't have to wait long for another game.

All the frustration and angst of the lockout went away pretty quickly once the puck dropped.

Looks like the Kings were smelling their rings a little, eh?

So I decided to play fantasy hockey this year. I can't stand the Yahoo! format, so I'm over at CBS Sports.

I missed the first three rounds but still wound up with a pretty good team except for goalie. Auto-pick chose Bryzgalov. I chose Brodeur later on. So I'm screwed.

A guy in my league is offering Lundqvist, Theodore and Mike Smith. I don't think I can afford to go after Lundqvist, so should I go after Smith or Theodore? Are there any guys that might get called up that I should look at? Doesn't Florida have some hotshit goalie they're supposed to call up later (which means I probably shouldn't go after Jose)?
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I'm in 3 Fantasy leagues All Yahoo. I don't mind the format. Florida has Markstrom, but he's in AHL now. They will switch between Theo and Clemmensen for now. Theo you could get and give up the least. FLA is a much better team. If you could get Henrik, you'd have THE best Fantasy goalie, but you'll have to give up some heavies for sure. Smith is at the top of the stack too. Don't be so down on Brodeur man. Devils are good and he doesn't let much in. Try Voucoun from PITT. Fluery is the man there, but Vocoun should get a lot of starts.

A couple good goalies that may still be around are:

Dubnyk EDM
    Lindback TB