Page 58 of 403 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 10059

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    B'Hawks up 4-0. Wow.
    End 1. Bruins up 4-1 in Pitt. Wow.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

I hate to see Torts go, but it was probably time.

However, I hope it is either Dallas Eakins who has the knowledge and balls to coach in NY or Guy Boucher, who developed some great systems in Tampa but for a goalie had a choice between a sieve and a strainer.

I have always loved Lindy Ruff, but isn't he Torts older brother? Aren't they the same. I think that would be more of a sideways step.

Vigneault, I am totally against because as talented as the Canucks have been, they play like the Penguins with all the behind the play CRAP, and all the complaining and cheap shotting. I would rather my team lose than win with guys playing like Alex Burrows.

Way to go, Bruins.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

That was quite impressive. Toronto fans should feel so much better about their team...

WeatherWiseCDC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangershockey7 View Post
    I hate to see Torts go, but it was probably time.

However, I hope it is either Dallas Eakins who has the knowledge and balls to coach in NY or Guy Boucher, who developed some great systems in Tampa but for a goalie had a choice between a sieve and a strainer.

I have always loved Lindy Ruff, but isn't he Torts older brother? Aren't they the same. I think that would be more of a sideways step.

Vigneault, I am totally against because as talented as the Canucks have been, they play like the Penguins with all the behind the play CRAP, and all the complaining and cheap shotting. I would rather my team lose than win with guys playing like Alex Burrows.
    As a Canucks fan, I think it would be a mistake if the Rangers hired Vigneault.

Vigneault is an introverted version of John Tortorella. Canucks fans are all too familiar with him. He dislikes players who struggle defensively, demonstrates favoritism towards certain players, and will play a defensive style when allowed to. This year and in his first few years, he was known to implement a defensive system, which many fans jokingly dubbed "defending the tie." He has also thrown several players under the bus and publicly criticized them before even speaking with said players. He has suggested that such players as Ryan Kesler and Cody Hodgson were not as worn down from injury as they appeared to be upon returning, and has demoted and benched several players in the past without good reason. He also does not trust rookies; Michael Grabner, Sergei Shirokov, and Jordan Schroeder were all given limited minutes, and each struggled predictably.

In addition, he refuses to use his timeouts in appropriate scenarios, and if he only has one star goaltender, he will refuse to start the backup. There were many nights prior to Cory Schneider's arrival when Roberto Luongo would be left in goal for several goals against despite obviously being unfocused.

You aren't going to see anything different on the ice from Vigneault than you saw with Tortorella, and you may in fact see worse results. Once he designs a strategy, he does not deviate from it when necessary. The drop pass, for example, was exploited by the LA Kings last year because that was our only entry maneuver. Every year, he is outcoached by the opposition.

The only difference is he doesn't antagonize the media. If Rangers fans wish to follow a different direction, they should look elsewhere.
    Last edited by WeatherWiseCDC; 06-04-2013 at 01:06 AM.

So, you're not a fan?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

New York hiring Guy Boucher would be a mistake. I don't think he will be coaching in the NHL for a while. No argument about his lack of an NHL caliber goaltender in Tampa.
    Last edited by rottersclub; 06-04-2013 at 11:35 AM.

WeatherWiseCDC
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    So, you're not a fan?
    Haha... no.

I'm hoping the Canucks can either hire Dallas Eakins or Dave Tippett, depending on whether the latter decides to leave Phoenix. This team is finally Vigneault-free! We need to make some major changes in the off-season, though. The team looked flat and the Sedins are starting to show their age. The team's defense is unsteady and unpredictable, and nobody can score. We need a major makeover.

One thing I'm glad about next season, though, is that Pavel Bure may finally have his jersey retired. He should have been honored eons ago, but his relationship with management had always been strained since the 1990s.
    Last edited by WeatherWiseCDC; 06-04-2013 at 07:32 PM.

After imploding against the underdog Flyers last year, I thought the Penguins learned their lessons. Obviously not.

Hee-lair-ee-us.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

WeatherWiseCDC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    After imploding against the underdog Flyers last year, I thought the Penguins learned their lessons. Obviously not.
    They're still only down 2-0. Anything can happen.

That pilot is my new hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I never liked Crosby, but that series sealed the deal. Any player that admits that he was slashing in an attempt to break the other team's star's wrist should be suspended for a season.

But, y'know, he's "Sid the Kid," so instead the league just promotes him more.

Visors to be grandfathered in beginning next season.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=424736

Great rule, IMO.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    Visors to be grandfathered in beginning next season.
    ]

Makes sense, I guess. Those arena lights are pretty bright.

Okay, now THAT'S funny.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post

Makes sense, I guess. Those arena lights are pretty bright.
    NICE!

The Dallas Stars are revamping their logo and jersey next season...

Quote Originally Posted by Brave73 View Post
    yep they have to do something, they have had great following for a while but they lost identity and image past couple of seasons, tons of bad decisions with the players and coaches...

Quote Originally Posted by Brave73 View Post

...and seem prepared to play in the AHL if necessary.

One of the best games this playoffs. Bruins show spirit of champions. Rusk and Jagr were amazing. On P side Malkin was great but had no luck.

Did anyone hear that after Game 2 Tomas Vokhun tried to commit suicide by jumping in front of a bus?

It's OK...it went between his legs...
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau