Page 52 of 403 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 10059

Thread: The NHL Discussion Thread

As an official member of the Leaf's Nation email list, I received this today.

During the playoff games (even the home games) huge screens were set up outside the Air Canada Centre and the games were aired live. On average 15,000 to 20,000 people showed up to watch the games. Those are the outdoor shots of you see of an insanely huge crowd. My husband and I didn't go down to watch the games, preferring instead to hang out with friends and watch the games in a pub, but it was very tempting.

Wow, the Blackhawks looked really good tonight, especially the 2nd half of the game. The Red Wings need to step it up Saturday night if they want to stay in this.

Steve Sly

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    I guess I'd be too embarrassed and hurt to wear one that soon.
    Yeah, same here. Been a die-hard Rangers fan for 40+ years. If they lost a game like that I'd find it hard to get out of bed the next day. Like when Kenny Morrow scored "that" goal. Great game or season whatever. There's only one outcome that's acceptable. Especially when it's been so long since the last playoff appearance and so long since the last Cup. It's nearly 20 years already since our championship and I don't want to wait another year. Any elimination would hurt, but to be that close to moving on...sorry wouldn't be able to don a shirt, hat or jersey for some time.

Anyway, face-off in about 5 1/2 hours. Let's Go Rangers!!
    "I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about."
    - Peter Griffin ("Family Guy")

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Not only that, but they're a young crew with a very bright future. Get used to being in the playoffs Leaf fans
    Depends on how much of their core they can keep intact with the shrinking salary cap. They'll have about $20M in cap space this summer to re-sign restricted free agents Kadri, Gunnarsson, Franson, Komarov, and Colborne, and to either re-sign or replace unrestricted free agents Kozak and MacArthur. And then the hard part comes in 2014 when Kessel and Phaneuf can both hit unrestricted free agency.

And of course, the divisional re-alignment will make things harder for them too, playing in an eight team division with Detroit, Boston, Ottawa, and Montreal, along with also-rans Buffalo, Tampa, and Florida. Five of those teams (including Toronto) made the playoffs this year. Only four can next year.

1.3 seconds left in the 2nd and the Rangers tie, 1-1. Otherwise game of chess type hockey. Love how when asked, Torts says "I don't know what kind of game this is!"
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

And we take the lead just 14 seconds into the 3rd!!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

2-2. Both teams picking up the pace. Now we're talking!

Boychuk hits the post as the clock hits 0.0.
    Overtime.
    This has turned into a great one.

Go Rangers!

Fuuudge!

(Only I didn't say Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word)

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

KEEP CALM
    AND
    MARCHAND

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Fuuudge!

(Only I didn't say Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word)
    Sorry to see that goal. I was pulling for NY. Those Bruins are bastards!!!

Both games last night were exciting. I thought the Sharks would escape with a win, but the Kings scored 2 power play goals in the last 90 seconds to win 4-3.

That was a crazy finish out west last night. The 5 on 3 got set up by a delay of game penalty when one of the Sharks tipped the puck over the glass. Ouch...

Yep. Wild, wild west! Glad I stayed up for that one too.

Ah big deal...we lost game 1. Rangers usually don't start winning until game 2 or 3
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Kings up two. Good game. Both games have been good. Kings seem to be the more physical while San Jose a little more skilled.

Ottawa coach Paul "I am the Walrus" MacLean is a finalist for the Jack Adams again this year. I don't think he will beat either Joel Quenneville of Chicago or Bruce Boudreau of Anaheim. Anyway, he's a finalist in his first two years as a head coach. Nice.

This one's for you, Brandon Prust!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post

KEEP CALM
    AND
    MARCHAND
    You better hope the NHL doesn't want to stretch the series to seven games like they did with the Caps/Rangers.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Ah big deal...we lost game 1. Rangers usually don't start winning until game 2 or 3
    I'm sure Torts will have a few words of 'inspiration' for the team.

Cindy goes through all the Senators...1-0 Pitt.

Quote Originally Posted by tom unbound View Post
    I'm sure Torts will have a few words of 'inspiration' for the team.
    With a 2 for 29 power play I would hope torts is working on that first. Besides that they played a great game last night and had just as good a chance at winning. There's no doubt they can play with Boston. I have pretty good seats for game 6 so hoping it gets that far.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    You better hope the NHL doesn't want to stretch the series to seven games like they did with the Caps/Rangers.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Hat trick for Cindy.

I still remember the Time Ovechkin scored a hat trick in D.C. on the Pens ... and Cindy ran crying to the refs because the fans were throwing hats on the ice and causing too much of a delay for Cindy's liking. "Make the mean fans stop!"

Speaking of the Caps ... chiming in late, but man, that team melts down every single year in the playoffs. I've always been a Wings fan, but I paid attention to them when we lived in D.C., and I always felt sorry for the fans who got their hopes up every year, only to have them constantly dashed.